Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Oct 20, 2009

Borderlands is a first-person shooter RPG from Gearbox Software that puts players into the shoes of one of four playable characters as they traverse the hostile planet of Pandora in search of a mysterious "Vault," said to contain priceless unknown riches and alien technologies.

Optimizing Backpack Capacity

Avatar image for russianblue8181
    russianblue8181

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By russianblue8181

So, I'm trying to figure out how to make my inventory have as many slots as possible.  I have 45, and that INCLUDES the extra one in Zombie Island.  I'm pretty sure I have all of them from the first playthrough, and received one in the second.  How many are possible?  I see videos with people having nearly 70 of them, and want to know if this is possible without hacking or cheating. 

Hoping someone out there can help me out.

fuzzy510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By fuzzy510

First off, you're missing one from Playthrough 1.  You should, at the end of Playthrough 1, have 42 inventory slots if you saved every Claptrap.

You can get up to 15 more on Playthrough 2 from the first 5 Claptraps, but that's random; sometimes you'll get a grenade mod.  As mentioned, there's one in Zombie Island, which can be obtained once in Playthrough 1 and once in Playthrough 2, and I believe there's one in the General Knoxx DLC, as well.  That's a total of 66 slots, if my math is correct.

Chyro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Chyro

I have done every Claptrap that exists and I have 45 slots. 

The reason people have more then that is there is a glitch where a random claptrap in play through 2 will give you one.  It's kind of pointless.  Really you only need 2 of each weapon anyway.  And if you have Mad Moxxi there is a bank.  I have about 25 of my backpack slots filled and I got about 6 weapons in my bank.

russianblue8181

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By russianblue8181

I found the claptrap in the General Knoxx DLC (Lockdown Palace), but he just gave me a grenade mod.  What a jerk. 

And I just like holding onto as many of the orange weapons as I can, as well as a copy of any Eridian weapon I find.  Of course, it doesn't mean that I USE them all that much, so I generally have to learn to let go of thngs that I'm probably not going to use.  I don't want to spend the ten dollars on Mad Moxxi, as I'm not terribly interested in that piece of DLC, and don't want to spend money on just a bank. 

Thanks, though.  I have no idea which on I'm missing in Playthrough 1, though.  Could have sworn I had them all, but I guess I'll have to triple check.

russianblue8181

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By russianblue8181

Almost positive that I have that one, but I suppose I can look through the massive list of completed quests and juxtapose that with a list of all of the claptraps.

Chyro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Chyro

Nah.  You have them all.  I am almost 100% sure I have done every clap trap in the game.  45 slots that's it.  Unless you do the play through 2 glitch.  You're good.  And I don't blame you about Mad Moxxi.  It's fairly mediocre.  I did one of the long Arenas.  I can't remember how many rounds it was.  But it took me and 2 other friends about 4 hours.  After that I have never done another one.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By Afroman269

70?  o_O

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.