Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Oct 20, 2009

Borderlands is a first-person shooter RPG from Gearbox Software that puts players into the shoes of one of four playable characters as they traverse the hostile planet of Pandora in search of a mysterious "Vault," said to contain priceless unknown riches and alien technologies.

Underdome Solo

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Cincaid

Late to the party, I just got the Underdome DLC. Yeah I know, it blows compared to the other DLCs, but I still want the achievements.

Problem is, I play alone as a 50 Soldier, and this place is handing my ass to me. I'm playing on second playthrough, and I *barely* got through the 5 rounds of Hell-burbia, and now doing Angelic Ruins I keep getting slaughtered by the Guardian wave in the 2nd round. I'm getting worried that the later achievements are next to impossible to solo with the difficulty already this brutal. Should I just play through the DLC with a character on first playthrough, or just grind my teeth? Also, any good location for an awesome shock weapon to use against those damn Guardians?

Cheers.

Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Vorbis

If you're on consoles, go splitscreen, level 10 character to host, level 50 character for second player. Enjoy the DLC with everything at level 10.

I did it at 50 with a full group and it's very long and tedious.

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Cincaid
    @Vorbis: Thanks a lot for the tip, even if it feels like cheesing the achievement. ;)

I actually went out in the world to find a good shock-based weapon to deal with those annoying Guardians, and things went a bit easier after that. Though I can't imagine playing through 20 waves of each round eventually...gah, I must be insane. I must say the absolutly worst part of the Underdome is how you get knocked back a round if you die.
    zolloz89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By zolloz89

im having the same problem. goddamn underdome.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By pweidman

Not fun, just torturous tedium.  But if you must, split it w/a low lvl host like suggested above, or get some modded gear that makes it less redic.
    mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By mosespippy

I didn't really have this problem since I played as a siren. I could just go invisible and regen health, maybe take a med kit while invisible if needed. I only died once in the first 3 domes, then my console broke, so I'll have to do it again and I'll probably do it co-op this time.

zolloz89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By zolloz89
    @pweidman said:
    "Not fun, just torturous tedium.  But if you must, split it w/a low lvl host like suggested above, or get some modded gear that makes it less redic. "

im considering buying a second dualshock so i can.
    Metroid545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Metroid545

HAHAHAHA GOOD LUCK me and Starfoxa started doing these challenges for the S-rank back in January and only managed to finish early july

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.