Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Oct 20, 2009

Borderlands is a first-person shooter RPG from Gearbox Software that puts players into the shoes of one of four playable characters as they traverse the hostile planet of Pandora in search of a mysterious "Vault," said to contain priceless unknown riches and alien technologies.

Your Gun Proficienies

ek21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ek21

This topic may or may not have been started, but, what's your poison? Pistols? SMGs? Combat Rifles? and so on. So far I've maxed out my player lvl, but, now I'm working to max out some of my gun prof. So far I have 3 with 20+ on 'em.  

-Pistol/Revolvers: 20 
    -Shotguns: 5 
    -Combat Rifles: 21 
    -SMGs: 25 
    -Snipers: 5 
    -Rocket Launchers: 0*  
    -Alien Weapons: 0* 

*I find no practical use for these particular weapons especially when using a soldier class. Hell, when you're in the middle of a fire fight you want something that deals the hurt, has many bullets in a mag,  and a speedy firing rate all rolled into one pkg.
    sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#2  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

Most of mine are around 11, with the exception of assault rifles which is slightly higher, and shotguns, which is only at a level one or two.
    carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By carlthenimrod

My highest is the Shotgun at 38. The rest are pretty low.

WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By WickedCestus

My sniper and combat rifle are in the high twenties. Pistols is like 5, eridian is 1, and shotguns are 2.

thejamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By thejamster

snipers like 25 revolvers 18 smg 15 shotgun 16 

bane63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By bane63

I just hit 50 proficiency in sniper rifles last night and it looks like it keeps going, but I could be wrong since I didn't use it much more after that. And for some reason, the numbers in the bonuses turned green.

ek21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ek21

I can't seem to get into snipers. For obvious reasons. If your prof is too low the damn thing is gonna take a bit of time to re-allign and square in on the target. I can remember many times when i had the targets head square in my sights and missing completely. Glitch? or do i need to up my prof a bit more to make it more stable? Sometimes a situation calls for subtlety, but, hell this game is about 80% straight-up shooting the hell outta stuff up close to mid range and the remaining 20% is kiling from a distance. Feel free to include your two cents in addition to listing your gun profs.
    and333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By and333

50 SMG thats all that matter to me! Found a pretty easy way to rank up my pro so I went from 40 to 50 pretty quick by killing the Rakk Hive over and over again which was really easy cause of my speedy ass SMG!

kwyee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By kwyee
    @ek21 said:
    " I can't seem to get into snipers. For obvious reasons. If your prof is too low the damn thing is gonna take a bit of time to re-allign and square in on the target. I can remember many times when i had the targets head square in my sights and missing completely. Glitch? or do i need to up my prof a bit more to make it more stable? Sometimes a situation calls for subtlety, but, hell this game is about 80% straight-up shooting the hell outta stuff up close to mid range and the remaining 20% is kiling from a distance. Feel free to include your two cents in addition to listing your gun profs. "
    That's what I thought at first especially since my play-style is more suited to SMGs/Assault rifles.   But with a good sniper mod and decent skill tree selection, your sniper rifles can get really powerful.  At level 50 with a level 48 gun, you can easily hit over 15k per critical, even without maxing your proficiency.
    Personally, I use fast firing, low zoom (1.0-1.5x) sniper rifles.  It's pretty easy to get head shots at 10+ yds and anything that gets too close, you can headshot without zoom. 

And yeah, I've seen some funny things with the hit detection, especially with those midget bandits, but it seems pretty rare.  Just remember that the guns 'accuracy' rating means where you point is not necessarily where the bullet will go. 
    syferonik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By syferonik

On my main which is Mordecai evrything except assault rifles is maxed (rifles 41). On my 2nd char (Lilith) Rockets,SMG,Shotty,Sniper,Eradian all maxed rest i don't use.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.