Is there a way to filter reviews by reviewer?

#1 Posted by CoheedFavorHouse (670 posts) -

Alright, so here's the deal. I was having a discussion with a friend about Brad's Fable III review. I felt the score was a little unfair, but when I went back, him and I had a majority of the same complaints, though he felt they impacted the game a little more than I did. The same situation for Final Fantasy XIII. So, I wanted to go back and read a few of his reviews on other games, to see if this is a continuing trend. But, as far as I can tell, I can't sort them by reviewer. is there something I'm missing? 

On the likely chance there's not, does anyone know of specific games that Brad has reviewed? Preferably ones that he gave mediocre reviews, but any game will do.

#2 Edited by Cirdain (2996 posts) -

racist

p.s. You are going to get shitted on by people with sense, so much. Good luck. Find a trowel.

#3 Posted by CoheedFavorHouse (670 posts) -
@Cirdain: with sense so much?
#4 Posted by coaxmetal (1578 posts) -

No option that I know of. Also Cirdain's comment made no sense at all. 

This does nicely illustrate the point that the text of a review is really the important part though.

#5 Posted by Icemael (6312 posts) -

Go to this page. It says "by Brad Shoemaker" on all the reviews by Brad Shoemaker.

#6 Posted by Choi (536 posts) -

Lost planet 2 was a problematic one for people too. It's a personal opinion. Get to know Brad, and his perspective on games. Then, his reviews will tell you everything you need to know about the game. Same goes for the others, Jeff, Vinny, Ryan and Dave.

#7 Posted by George_Hukas (1317 posts) -

Hey he liked it better than Lost Planet 2 ..

In all seriousness though it's an opinion, get over it.

#8 Posted by CoheedFavorHouse (670 posts) -

i feel like people are taking this the wrong way. i'm not upset, or disappointed in what Brad has to say. I fully understand reviews are opinions. I just think that it's funny that him and I will pick out almost all of the same flaws in a game, and I just wanted to see if that was a coincidence in those two games, or if most games are like that. The number score doesn't matter to me as much, though it does provide an interesting insight into what sort of flaws ruin a game for him

#9 Posted by GilbertMordinAndSullivan (442 posts) -
@CoheedFavorHouse said:
" i feel like people are taking this the wrong way. i'm not upset, or disappointed in what Brad has to say. I fully understand reviews are opinions. I just think that it's funny that him and I will pick out almost all of the same flaws in a game, and I just wanted to see if that was a coincidence in those two games, or if most games are like that. The number score doesn't matter to me as much, though it does provide an interesting insight into what sort of flaws ruin a game for him "
I think it has something to do with being a reviewer. He plays SO many games that aren't broken, I'm guessing an otherwise fun game with major, inexplicable flaws (like the outright stupid menu design of Fable III) is a bit harder to forgive for him than it is for you.
#10 Posted by LordAndrew (14424 posts) -

Hey, where did the new Brad Shoemaker image come from?

#11 Posted by Teptom (2047 posts) -
@LordAndrew said:
" Hey, where did the new Brad Shoemaker image come from? "
Nintendo did some special art when they sent Art Academy to reviewers.
#12 Edited by Lego_My_Eggo (983 posts) -
This is where you would go, but for some reason staff reviews don't appear in there profile. Some one should tell the top men.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.