Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Sep 30, 1996

The first game in the Broken Sword franchise -- also known as Circle of Blood -- is a point and click adventure game. A Director's Cut with new content has been released on the Wii, DS and iPhone.

Starting the trilogy!

ScottishHobson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ScottishHobson

Hi guys! With the new Broken Sword game getting funded, Briony and I decided to work our way through the trilogy in anticipation. Come watch us!

Anyone else doing this? How long has it been since you last played this game, does it hold up for you?

SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By SamStrife

Played through the first game about a month ago and it didn't hold up quite as well as I remember it (the story seems rushed/contrived in spots) but is still a fantastic game. Playing through the second at the moment and I have a pretty similar opinion.

I hated the Director's Cut though.

ScottishHobson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ScottishHobson

Oh crikey! Were there any big differences with the director's cut? So far we've only played through the first added sequence.. I definitely prefer George as the main character!

Bell_End

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Bell_End

@SamStrife said:

Played through the first game about a month ago and it didn't hold up quite as well as I remember it (the story seems rushed/contrived in spots) but is still a fantastic game. Playing through the second at the moment and I have a pretty similar opinion.

i played through it a few month back also on iOS and thought the directors cuts was great. what was it you hated so much about it

UncleDisco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By UncleDisco

@ScottishHobson: You do know, that there's 4 Broken Sword games, right?

SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SamStrife

@Bell_End said:

@SamStrife said:

i played through it a few month back also on iOS and thought the directors cuts was great. what was it you hated so much about it

I never really felt there was any main plot holes that needed to be addressed so it felt kind of unnecessary.

Also there's a puzzle where you have to decode a letter written in symbols by working out what letter each symbol represented. Whilst on a good day I would have enjoyed something like this, at the time I was shattered and really wasn't in the mood for it. I still feel like it was an overly difficult puzzle and as far as I am aware, it randomises each time so you can't just look at a guide.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#7  Edited By Jeust

@FlemmingM said:

@ScottishHobson: You do know, that there's 4 Broken Sword games, right?

My thoughts exactly...

ScottishHobson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ScottishHobson

@Jeust: Sorry guys, I should have been more specific, I'm referring to the 'Broken Sword Trilogy' pack on Steam which doesn't include The Angel of Death game, although we may get that separately if we're not too burned out!

ScottishHobson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ScottishHobson

@SamStrife: I tried this once before making the video and it took me literally 30 minutes of staring at the screen like an idiot before I made any progress. In the video, Briony pretty much gets it straight away, which clearly demonstrates which one of us is the smartest!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.