Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bulletstorm

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Feb 22, 2011

Stylish, ludicrous kills net big points in this ridiculously over-the-top first-person shooter.

disagree with most people on here it seems

tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By tunaburn

I have read soooo many  things bad about this game. The story supposely sucks. The writing supposedly sucks. But in all honesty i think its great. 
    I truly think the game is funny. Not in the way of "dick is a funny word" but in the way of "i cant believe people would think talking like this is funny" which i think is what they wanted. 
    2nd, i love the story. Its not amazing or anything but its a sweet departure from all the other shooters out right now. Also just playing the game is fun as hell. I could not finish call of duty campaigns but i didnt want to put my controller down witht his one. Trying to get all the skillshots and killing the dudes with as much flare as possible is awesome.
    anyone else like this game a lot?

Legxend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Legxend

I love this game it felt refreshing playing and I would say it is one of my  favourite games this generation I really can't fault it, as for the story I went in expecting nothing from it but I enjoyed the story a lot especially the back and forth between characters. The little one liners pulling jokes to typical fps standerds etc were nice too, some of the level design was great to one of the later levels and a moment which was pretty damn funny.

Now count into the echos mode and I'll be playing this game for a good while yet.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By mordukai

Opinions man. People have them you know. 

Frankly I don't really expect anything Epic Games related to have any sort of significant story. The script just come off like a it was written by 7 year old child who just discovered cussing is cool among his friends. However, the gameplay seems fun but for now I don't think a $60 price tag is worth it. I might pick it up later on the road when it's cheaper. 

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By imsh_pl

I completely loved the skillshot system, but I found the story and the dialogue extremely cheesy. The first few times the dialogue's proposterousness was even funny, but later it lost its charm and felt incredibly stupid to me.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

I thought the story was SUPPOSED to be bad.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Marcsman

I like it so far. Not heavily invested into thanks to Killzone 3.
    BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By BraveToaster

I only played because I wanted to shoot shit. Mindless fun is a good thing.  

The story isn't that good and one playthrough was enough for me.

sagesebas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By sagesebas
    @tunaburn:  It seemed to me that the dialogue was like if Juno were really, really filthy
    tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By tunaburn

dont get me wrong. its not shakespeare. but its enjoyable. i havent touched the echoes or online stuff yet. also the gears of war 3 beta is pretty cool. :)
    Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#10  Edited By Vinny_Says

It's actually one of my favorite games this year....YEAH WHAT?!?

It starts off slow but it hits a point where it becomes pure awesome....I'm with ya!

jking47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jking47

I really like it so far, the cussing seems like it is supposed to be over the top which I really enjoyed. I see it as sarcastic.

phish09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By phish09

It's actually pretty good I think.  Maybe not the plot as such, but the characters are well-written and fully realized, even if there are only a handful of them.  I think that in itself makes the writing better than most games.  I mean it's not Mass Effect or Metal Gear Solid, but the story is not as cringeworthy as most shooters.
    brownsfantb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 30

#13  Edited By brownsfantb

The story starts off pretty terribly. The part where they discover they had been killing innocent people was awful, and that's probably what most people are complaining about.

I hated the story at first and thought about skipping the cutscenes, but it definitely gets better the further into the game you get. Nothing groundbreaking but I still liked it.

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

I bought Bulletstorm and Killzone 3 on the same day, and I couldn't put either one of them down. They're the most fun I've had with shooters in a long, long time. 

But as far as Bulletstorm goes, it's over the top because they meant it to be heavily satirical. People think that's horrible, because people often miss the point entirely. Because, let's face it, some people are stupid.

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By buft
    @tunaburn: i loved it too
    Agent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Agent47
    @tunaburn: Yeah it is pretty solid. I agree with you though a lot of hate going on around it and it wasn't that bad, it was just the dialogue. But I guess the solid gameplay made up for it.
    mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17  Edited By mfpantst

ok so I actually think the community here has responded more positively to this game then  not.  I feel like more people have said "I was ho-hum or not interested in this game and now am" than did the opposite.  In general people who didn't change their minds seem pretty split ( a relatively even grouping of people who said they wouldn't like the game /could care less and still do versus people who were and still are excited about this game).  But in general I'd say the trend has been positive- color me biased if you will.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By Lukeweizer

I enjoyed it. I found myself NOT wanting to go for Headshots (except on Very Hard when I was just trying to kill anyway I could). And that felt refreshing and different. I'm having issues with the multiplayer. Not being able to match up with anyone and then getting connected to a bad game. Not to mention not having anyone to play with, so it's just 4 random dudes constantly stealing each other's kills. Pretty annoying. 

Anyone else having trouble with the matchmaking?

krazy_kyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By krazy_kyle
    @Mordukai:
    The game was made by People Can Fly, not Epic. The same guys who made Painkiller and it really shows imo.
    tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By tunaburn
    @Lukeweizer:

i have not tried to matchmaking yet. i was hoping to try it tonight if i get a chance. i hope i have better luck than you with it.
    LisaFurioso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By LisaFurioso

The best answer so far for Anarchy mode is to get 4 friends and four mics. Levels after say, 12 require a level of cooperation that you're just not gonna get from 3 other randoms on XBL/PSN/GFWL.  

SpudBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#22  Edited By SpudBug

I bought this and killzone 3 at the same time, expected to finish KZ3 first, haven't gone back since started Bulletstorm. 

I think it honestly looks better in some spots than kz3 

OneManX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#23  Edited By OneManX

"I will kill your dicks" 

Any story with that line in it, can NOT be taken seriously in any way. 

mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By mfpantst
    @OneManX said:
    " "I will kill your dicks"  Any story with that line in it, can NOT be taken seriously in any way.  "
    Aww- our first eunich victim on the site.  how sad, this must be a touchy subject for you.
    miva2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#25  Edited By miva2
    @Lukeweizer:  I can't connect to other people :/
    That might be because my brother used the online pass, since he paid for the game.
    and damn, i'm glad he did. I would have missed my new alltime favourite shooter otherwise.

I watched 2 online anarchy macthes, and they looked more boring than i innitially expected. But probably cause it was with 4 newbie strangers. should be cool with friends.
    The singleplayer exceeded my expectations though.
    The dialogue is great! The constant talking about dicks is kind of wtf, but overall every line just fits in and is funny in some way.
    "Did you kill it's babies?"
    Trishka's threats and Ishi who constantly 'dies' really cracked me up. The story is fun, characters are fun, unfortunately there isn't that much known about the world. Well, Detailed descriptions wouldn't have fitted in anyway.
    Everyone knows the gameplay is great: skillshots, awesome weapons and ofcourse leashing/kicking. Not much to discuss on that matter ;D
    CastroCasper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#26  Edited By CastroCasper

I have not finished the game yet, but I have played to the 3rd act in the story and echo missions, as well as a few matchmaking games. I usually play video games while listening to my iPod unless the story is heavily story driven, or the sound creates an atmosphere or whatever. But I totally have been cracking up the volume and getting way into this game. Some people reallllllly hate the immaturity, but it is almost stress reliving I think. Overall I think this game is a nice change of pace from all the other shooters I have been playing. My only complaint is that I think there needs to be a few more matchmaking modes, something objective based.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.