Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Burnout Paradise

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Jan 22, 2008

Burnout Paradise turns the Burnout series on its head by moving from closed set tracks to an open world full of events to experience both alone and in a group online.

Cant get bike update to work.

mikevanpwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By mikevanpwn

This happened when I first bought the game in August with the Cagney Update.  I download it and it just says its broken and cant be used.  Third attempt at downloading it and still wont work...

Avatar image for theworstplayerever
    TheWorstPlayerEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

that happened to me at first to. uninstall the cagney update and bike update, then just install the bike update and it should work

Deadbolt543

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Deadbolt543

I was getting that error as well, then i read online to just restart your machine and it SHOULD fix it...  Hmm well, i had to restart it about 2 or 3 times to finally get the DLC to work properly.  Im hoping they patch this and fix that setback.

good luck.

mikevanpwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By mikevanpwn

Thanks for the tip, I just deleted the Cagney Update and it worked. 

albedos_shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5  Edited By albedos_shadow

Same thing happened to me, I'm restarting right now...

FoolInjection

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By FoolInjection

I'm having this problem right now... I only just bought the game because I heard about the Bikes... so I loaded the game and it told me to download this update so I don't even know if I have this "Cagney" update.

It only started doing this too me though when my girlfriend loaded up the game on her profile.  It seems to load in fine for her every time but now when I load it up it throws an error.

Kinda annoyed really as I only just got the game and I can't play it already.

AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By AndrewGaspar

I haven't had this problem. On the PS3 you can't delete updates because it all folds together in one big pack of data. Is this only on the 360?

FoolInjection

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By FoolInjection
    AndrewGaspar said:
    "I haven't had this problem. On the PS3 you can't delete updates because it all folds together in one big pack of data. Is this only on the 360?"
    I'm guessing its just the 360 yeah.
    Deadbolt543

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Deadbolt543
    FoolInjection said:
    "I'm having this problem right now... I only just bought the game because I heard about the Bikes... so I loaded the game and it told me to download this update so I don't even know if I have this "Cagney" update.

It only started doing this too me though when my girlfriend loaded up the game on her profile.  It seems to load in fine for her every time but now when I load it up it throws an error.

Kinda annoyed really as I only just got the game and I can't play it already."
    I think it could also be profile related in someway.  I find that if i start up Burnout and im NOT logged in, it starts fine.  Burnout will ask you to login after its running.  But if i start Burnout  up AFTER im already logged in, i will sometimes get the error.

Dat be weirdness yo.
    gunstarhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By gunstarhero

i just bought it from the psn store and all i can get the 1.5 update to download to is 7% then it logs me out of my account every time.so no burnout for me :(

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.