Easy way to get the 20x boost chain achievement

#1 Edited by copedude (36 posts) -

I came across this while screwing around in Paradise City and it really works. First host an online freeburn event. Then wait for one person to join and then create a long race that starts near the freeway and has traffic off using a speed car go to the freeway and just go in oncoming untill you get 20x burnouts

Also if you have any other hints on achievements please post them here

#2 Posted by natetodamax (19169 posts) -

no u

#3 Posted by mjwickstrom1 (186 posts) -

There's also wall corners you can run up against to get this achievement, or go to the fountain Downtown.

#4 Posted by StarFoxA (5137 posts) -

Every time I start to get a boost chain, it stops at 3x. For no explainable reason.

#5 Posted by REDRUN (1410 posts) -

thanks, gotta try that one.

#6 Posted by PowerSerj (987 posts) -
mjwickstrom1 said:
"There's also wall corners you can run up against to get this achievement, or go to the fountain Downtown."
Hmm, I never thought of that. I just used the fountain to get a 5.7 mile drift.
#7 Posted by Number1 (201 posts) -

You god damn boosters,
Just go into the wildcats stadium and get the mean drift going with the boost.

#8 Posted by Zoombini (64 posts) -

It's possible to boost drift in a small area? I always tried to get this achievement on the I-88, I never knew that you can boost chain while spinning in the Wildcat Stadium. How difficult is that?

#9 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -
@Zoombini said:
" It's possible to boost drift in a small area? I always tried to get this achievement on the I-88, I never knew that you can boost chain while spinning in the Wildcat Stadium. How difficult is that? "
You can't do that anymore after the patch. So if you clear your cache and then try it I'm pretty sure you can get the achievement. I did it the hard way... on I-88.
#10 Posted by Trace (3543 posts) -
@Vinchenzo said:
I did it the hard way... on I-88.
I'm pretty sure you can still set up a race without traffic online, disregard the race and jump onto an empty I-88 oncoming, and get the 20x chain easily that way. I had a few friends who were magnets for traffic that had to resort to that after the circle drifting was fixed.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.