Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released Nov 05, 2007

The fourth main Call of Duty game ditches the World War II setting of the past games to tell a story set in contemporary times, and backs it up with a breakthrough multiplayer mode.

COD4 MP takes no skill to play.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e0ee2ea170
    deactivated-5e0e0ee2ea170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 0

I played COD4 Multiplayer for the first time and have never played a COD game online before, though I have played the SP of COD and COD2. I'm already upto 18 - 0 and just ain't dying at all because everyone playing seems like they're noobs at FPS. Instead of using tactics and sneaking about, waiting for people to peak round corners and then taking them out, everyone seems to just run about like they don't have a care in the world. No wonder why people love this game sooo much because it's just soooo easy.

I'm a great CS player and played it since 2000 and whenever a noob joins a game he's my bitch because i'm just that much better than them. Thats what I love about competetive online FPS games because youc an build up your skill level. I played UT3 for the first time and the last time I played a UT game was the very first one, I got owned like a girl on that game because it requires skill and to learn how to play. The problem with COD4 is it has none of this and sucks because of that, it'll never be a competitive online FPS. I mean sure it's good for the console guys because it doesn't require aiming but that doesn't make it a good online FPS, just a good console one which standards are poor compared to PC.

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Emilio

Its because its an arcadey shooter, duh. They're supposed to be fun, quick, and easy.
    I hate simulation type shooters. They just bore me.

Or, maybe you're just a pwn master. Who knows?

TEAMHOLT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By TEAMHOLT

Some people like to have fun instead of camping behind corners and playing like they're afraid to die in a video game.

Snoopy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Snoopy

if your good at cs/css u will be even better in cod4 its just easier. cs takes sometimes 4-6 shots to get a guy down. But in cod4 if your playing the realistic mod takes 1.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By crunchUK

funnily enough thats why it is as popular as it is, and i hate cod4 as well... just really it's pathetic

Avatar image for aversiontherapy
    AversionTherapy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AversionTherapy
    TEAMHOLT said:
    "Some people like to have fun instead of camping behind corners and playing like they're afraid to die in a video game."

What he said.
    Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Pibo47

This game takes no skill. Duh.

AaronBelfast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By AaronBelfast
    TEAMHOLT said:
    "Some people like to have fun instead of camping behind corners and playing like they're afraid to die in a video game."
    Couldn't have said it better myself. Props, sir!
    MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Of course it takes skill to play, it just takes slightly less skill to play than the FPS's you're used to. And saying that "everyone playing seems like they're noobs at FPS" Is pretty much stating the obvious. CoD4 is a much more mainstream game than CS which is is a mostly hardcore audience, and most people who play it have been playing it for a long time. CoD4 has a much more casual audience. People who will jump in, play a couple of games, and jump out, and thus will not get as much experience playing FPS's as people like yourself.

mikevanpwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By mikevanpwn
    PapaLazarou said:
    "I'm a great CS player and played it since 2000 and whenever a noob joins a game he's my bitch because i'm just that much better than them."
    This guy's attitude is the reason why I don't play CS.
    Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By Rowr

i agree the game is much easier with some cs background. Often your playing the average halo player who has no concept of camping like a bitch.

alltoohuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By alltoohuman
    TEAMHOLT said:
    English

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By English

If I like I can start playing super strategic, plan all of my moves, tense up my hand for more precise shots, but then playing FPS become more of a chore, more work. It's a lot more enjoyable to run around and shoot stuff. Some people like the super competitive stuff like "hardcore" clan games, that just turns me off.

Also, the PC is great for the super tactical games where you need that level of control for perfect shots and positioning, but that doesn't inherently mean that any PC gamer wants to play tactical games like counter-strike, those games simply appeal to certain people.

livespawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By livespawn

CoD 4 in a nutshell: camp, kill, repeat

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By Karmum
    livespawn said:
    "CoD 4 in a nutshell: camp, kill, repeat"
    That can be said for many FPS multiplayer games.
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By HandsomeDead

OP is the main reason why i'll always find PC gaming to be a joke.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.