Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Black Ops II

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Nov 13, 2012

The Black Ops storyline continues, switching the past Cold War from the game's predecessor to future 2025, as a new Cold War between U.S.A. and China flares up due to the actions of one vengeful drug-runner.

Call of Duty Black Ops 2

• 53 results
    distortedwon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By distortedwon

Call of Duty Black Ops 2

No Caption Provided

Release date: November 13, 2012

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By MikkaQ

Surprise of the CENTURY!

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By JJOR64

I'm waiting till Black Ops 17 comes out.

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By Sambambo

I don't understand why people not related to the game leak stuff early.

They gain nothing from it...

DEMONOLOGY_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By DEMONOLOGY_24
    Avatar image for deathmachine117
    Deathmachine117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Deathmachine117

It was to be expected but if the campaigns as crazy and the multiplayer as fun count me in.

Avatar image for buzz_killington
    buzz_killington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7  Edited By buzz_killington

Hahahaha, can't wait for their big reveal.

FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By FreakAche

Bl2ps

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By Phatmac

*yawn*

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By AhmadMetallic

We don't discuss FIFA, why do we discuss COD?

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#11  Edited By Humanity

@Deathmachine117 said:

It was to be expected but if the campaigns as crazy and the multiplayer as fun count me in.

Although you could see that twist coming like a galaxy away I thought the story itself and use of licensed music awesome. Also I think the first Call of Duty game in a while where I more or less understood the plot.

TEHMAXXORZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TEHMAXXORZ

It will suck.

FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By FreakAche
    @AhmadMetallic said:
    Not really comparable. But, nevertheless, we discuss whatever we want, provided it falls within the boundaries that make sense for a video game forum.
    Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14  Edited By Sackmanjones

Did you make an account just to leak this to us? You are too kind sir 

You guys like call of duty?

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @FreakAche said:
    @AhmadMetallic said:
    Not really comparable. But, nevertheless, we discuss whatever we want, provided it falls within the boundaries that make sense for a video game forum.
    Yeah, I'm not talking about rules or what's appropriate for these forums or anything of the kind.

What I asked was, we don't discuss FIFA, the yearly dudebro sports fix everyone needs. Why do we discuss the yearly dudebro shooting sport game?
    PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By PeasantAbuse

@AhmadMetallic said:

People do discuss FIFA, and why do you care what people talk about?

edit: lol @ dudebro

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#17  Edited By natetodamax

@AhmadMetallic said:

It's more of a cultural phenomenon than FIFA. Regardless of people's opinions about it, every game since Modern Warfare 2 (before that?) has sold more copies than the previous entry.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#18  Edited By BeachThunder

You ruined the announcement; next time please use the spoiler tag, k.

MoseSSesoM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MoseSSesoM

Yep.

CosmicQueso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#20  Edited By CosmicQueso

Hey, it's Black Ops II, not Black Ops 2. Get your facts straight, son.

FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By FreakAche
    @AhmadMetallic said:
    @FreakAche said:
    @AhmadMetallic said:
    Yeah, I'm not talking about rules or what's appropriate for these forums or anything of the kind. What I asked was, we don't discuss FIFA, the yearly dudebro sports fix everyone needs. Why do we discuss the yearly dudebro shooting sport game?
    Gaming is a vast hobby that deals with a wide variety of tastes and preferences. I don't see any reasoning behind dismissing someone else's preferences by labeling something as "for dudebros".
    Avatar image for deactivated-629eab11cc270
    deactivated-629eab11cc270

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm excited. Fuck the haters.

UnrealDP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By UnrealDP

Maaaaan, I was really hoping they at the very least didn't just call it Black Ops 2, but oh well. Here's to them actually caring 'n all that. Lots call Treyarch the off year, but at least it feels like they put effort into their CoD games as opposed to MW3 and it's cursed coasting.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @FreakAche said:
    @AhmadMetallic said:
    @FreakAche said:
    @AhmadMetallic said:
    Yeah, I'm not talking about rules or what's appropriate for these forums or anything of the kind. What I asked was, we don't discuss FIFA, the yearly dudebro sports fix everyone needs. Why do we discuss the yearly dudebro shooting sport game?
    Gaming is a vast hobby that deals with a wide variety of tastes and preferences. I don't see any reasoning behind dismissing someone else's preferences by labeling something as "for dudebros".
    Regardless of my opinion of these games and whether I consider them dudebro material or not, no one has answer my question yet. We here on Giantbomb rarely discuss the yearly "hot fix" games that are top sellers and considered light e-sport titles. Call of Duty is one of those games. A yearly virtual sport title where you shoot others instead of shooting a ball. Why, unlike the rest of those games, does it get discussed? 

The fact that no one can see that I'm simply wondering out of curiosity is fascinating. Every post and question has to have some kind of hidden intention behind it, doesn't it? 
    PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By PeasantAbuse

"why do people talk about things"

George_Hukas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By George_Hukas

You need to be pretty oblivious to not have figured out this is what Treyarch is announcing on May 1st.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#27  Edited By Justin258

@AhmadMetallic said:

Regardless of my opinion of these games and whether I consider them dudebro material or not, no one has answer my question yet. We here on Giantbomb rarely discuss the yearly "hot fix" games that are top sellers and considered light e-sport titles. Call of Duty is one of those games. A yearly virtual sport title where you shoot others instead of shooting a ball. Why, unlike the rest of those games, does it get discussed? The fact that no one can see that I'm simply wondering out of curiosity is fascinating. Every post and question has to have some kind of hidden intention behind it, doesn't it?

Because it's far more popular, and I don't mean that in some kind of stupid elitist sort of way.

Think of it this way: Let's say that FIFA sells a million copies and that ten percent of people don't like it. Let's say that Call of Duty sells 100 million copies (just saying!) and ten percent of people don't like it. Which group of ten percent is bigger?

FIFA gets less hate because it doesn't sell as much.

The reasons why individuals hate it so much range from just plain not liking shooters to disliking the fact that people can call themselves gamers without delving into video games any farther than a given year's hits.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @PeasantAbuse said:

"why do people talk about certain things"

Fixed! 

@believer258 said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

Regardless of my opinion of these games and whether I consider them dudebro material or not, no one has answer my question yet. We here on Giantbomb rarely discuss the yearly "hot fix" games that are top sellers and considered light e-sport titles. Call of Duty is one of those games. A yearly virtual sport title where you shoot others instead of shooting a ball. Why, unlike the rest of those games, does it get discussed? The fact that no one can see that I'm simply wondering out of curiosity is fascinating. Every post and question has to have some kind of hidden intention behind it, doesn't it?

Because it's far more popular, and I don't mean that in some kind of stupid elitist sort of way.

Think of it this way: Let's say that FIFA sells a million copies and that ten percent of people don't like it. Let's say that Call of Duty sells 100 million copies (just saying!) and ten percent of people don't like it. Which group of ten percent is bigger?

I understand your point, but I'm not asking "why do we hate it more than FIFA and thus discuss it more?" but rather saying "there's nothing to discuss about this yearly shooter rehash at this point, just like FIFA has nothing new to be discussed at this point." 

The reasons why individuals hate it so much range from just plain not liking shooters to disliking the fact that people can call themselves gamers without delving into video games any farther than a given year's hits.

Off-topic, but I'd like to add that I dislike it because it caused Crysis 2 and Battlefield 3 to be what they are instead of what they should've been.
    UnrealDP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By UnrealDP

@believer258 said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

Yeah, all of that's super true and also Call of Duty involves shooting dudes, which everyone can get behind and have a blast with. Sports games aren't as straight forward or widely appealing, since it's not like everyone loves every sport. CoD's much more straight forward, easier to get fun out of, and still has a single player campaign with an over the top Micheal Bayish story.

The fact that no one can see that I'm simply wondering out of curiosity is fascinating. Every post and question has to have some kind of hidden intention behind it, doesn't it?

Let me save you the fascination, amigo. Everyone's responding like this because you're dismissing an incredibly popular franchise that most people adore as something that's below you and tagging it as "dudebro" implying that an intellectual can't enjoy it or something. If you want good answers then get off the pedestal and ask the question straight leaving out the elitism.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By PeasantAbuse

@AhmadMetallic said:

@PeasantAbuse said:

"why do people talk about certain things"

Fixed!

You bastard...

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By _Zombie_

Shocker.

FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By FreakAche
    @AhmadMetallic said:
    @FreakAche said:
    @AhmadMetallic said:
    @FreakAche said:
    @AhmadMetallic said:
    Regardless of my opinion of these games and whether I consider them dudebro material or not, no one has answer my question yet. We here on Giantbomb rarely discuss the yearly "hot fix" games that are top sellers and considered light e-sport titles. Call of Duty is one of those games. A yearly virtual sport title where you shoot others instead of shooting a ball. Why, unlike the rest of those games, does it get discussed?  The fact that no one can see that I'm simply wondering out of curiosity is fascinating. Every post and question has to have some kind of hidden intention behind it, doesn't it? 
    Meh... why does anyone discuss anything really? I don't know if there's necessarily any specific reasons for it, but it would seem that CoD caters more to the Giant Bomb audience than FIFA does. There doesn't necessarily need to be a complicated explanation to it.
    Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Justin258

@UnrealDP said:

@believer258 said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

Yeah, all of that's super true and also Call of Duty involves shooting dudes, which everyone can get behind and have a blast with. Sports games aren't as straight forward or widely appealing, since it's not like everyone loves every sport. CoD's much more straight forward, easier to get fun out of, and still has a single player campaign with an over the top Micheal Bayish story.

Let me save you the fascination, amigo. Everyone's responding like this because you're dismissing an incredibly popular franchise that most people adore as something that's below you and tagging it as "dudebro" implying that an intellectual can't enjoy it or something. If you want good answers then get off the pedestal and ask the question straight leaving out the elitism.

AhmadMetallic struck me as kind of elitist at first as well but I don't quite think that now. I think he's just lamenting that the PC's strengths aren't as overt as they once were because it's being adapted to consoles.

Oh, and "dudebro" doesn't necessarily imply that an intellectual can't enjoy it. It implies that the game's entertainment lies more in its simplicity than its depths

Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 28

#34  Edited By Legend

WORLD EXCLUSIVE!! :P

UnrealDP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By UnrealDP

@believer258 said:

AhmadMetallic struck me as kind of elitist at first as well but I don't quite think that now. I think he's just lamenting that the PC's strengths aren't as overt as they once were because it's being adapted to consoles.

Well, he definitely shows it by acting like one, but oh well, I guess.

Oh, and "dudebro" doesn't necessarily imply that an intellectual can't enjoy it. It implies that the game's entertainment lies more in its simplicity than its depths

Yeah, I get that, but since it's depth lies in it's simplicity it implies that it's not meant for intellectuals. Saying that it implies they can't enjoy it goes a bit far for the tag itself, but coupled with the attitude it seemed appropriate, but I see what you're saying.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#36  Edited By beargirl1

BIIack Ops

Shady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#37  Edited By Shady

Is it in space?

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#38  Edited By Vinny_Says

Okay people start placing bets on wheather or not they use a new engine or they stick with the MW2 graphics. I personally want to see Treyarc's take on the quake engine but I won't be surprised if they stick with IW4...

Vegas puts the odds at 100,000 to 1 on a new engine.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Justin258

@UnrealDP said:

@believer258 said:

Well, he definitely shows it by acting like one, but oh well, I guess.

Yeah, I get that, but since it's depth lies in it's simplicity it implies that it's not meant for intellectuals. Saying that it implies they can't enjoy it goes a bit far for the tag itself, but coupled with the attitude it seemed appropriate, but I see what you're saying.

Its depth does not lie in its simplicity. Its entertainment does. Two different things. And if I remember correctly you are the one that originally said that "dudebro" implies intellectuals can't enjoy it.

Anyway

This is a CoD thread already gone too far and I don't plan on commenting anymore.

UnrealDP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By UnrealDP

@believer258: Dude, I know. I was saying I was wrong, not you, mate. That's why I was saying the lack of depth discouraged intellectuals and that they can still enjoy it which is why can't was going too far, but in the ... Yeah, never mind. I feel like we've been having two different conversations and this totally has gone too far for a thread about CoD.

frankfartmouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By frankfartmouth

I'll take more zombies. Don't care much about the rest.

Wampa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Wampa1

@AjayRaz said:

BIIack Ops

Fuuuuuuuuck...

cutyoface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By cutyoface

Great another mediocre FPS.

Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Ramone

@AhmadMetallic said:

I discuss FIFA sometimes

Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Benny

CALL OF DUTY: NEW FONT TREATMENT

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#46  Edited By Hizang

Don't you mean Call of Duty: Black Ops II?

I'm pretty pumped. I didn't get in to MW3 as much as I thought I would. I think I preferred the weapons in Black Ops and the single player in general was much cooler.

Avatar image for fivegreenaliens
    fivegreenaliens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By fivegreenaliens

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/122/1224082p1.html

Avatar image for rampageassassin
    RampageAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#48  Edited By RampageAssassin

A future setting has me excited. The Black Ops campaign was probably my favourite since COD4 so I hope they bring the same non stop action in this.

graboids

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#49  Edited By graboids

Future CoD I'm not sold on but Future Zombies could be great! Maybe they can do something crazy like this...

No Caption Provided
    InternetCrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By InternetCrab

Is...this real?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.