Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Nov 08, 2011

The last installment of the Modern Warfare trilogy brings World War 3 to the world of Call of Duty. While the U.S., British, and French armed forces try to push back the Russian invasion, the disavowed Task Force 141 begin their hunt for international terrorist Vladimir Makarov.

First Modern Warfare 3 Gameplay Trailer Premieres Tonight

• 157 results
    treythalomew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By treythalomew

Western conference is on ESPN tonight. I think I remember the commerciala for the trailer being on ESPN too.

abdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#52  Edited By abdo

Still don't care for this series.

FritzDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By FritzDude

Let me guess.

A plane will take of at a military base, and then some barrels or gas tanks will just explode out of random, then followed by a quick session of the already seen teasers of Germany and England, to be then followed by green pulsating lines that will form into "MW3" with a mysterious man saying something in Russian.

SvedkaSucio92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By SvedkaSucio92
    @MaFoLu said:
    Wait, there is a TNT tonight? And it will feature Basketball and an MW3 trailer?
    lmaooo
    raiz265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#55  Edited By raiz265

i call nazis

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#56  Edited By sweep  Moderator

Happy explosion day, gorgeous.

billyhoush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#57  Edited By billyhoush

Face it...you'll still buy it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1
    deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Ahmad_Metallic said:
    @JEC03 said:
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    OMG OMG A NEW CALL OF DUTY I DUNNO WHAT TO EXPECT!!!
    LMAO YO CHECK THIS OUT DOG YOU CAN EXPECT A MICHEAL BAY STORY AND A REPETITIVE MP WITH NEW RESKIN GUNS AND NEW PERKS WITH THE SAME OLD UGLY ASS GRAPHICS FTW THIS SHIT IS GOING TO BE OFF THE HOOK YO NOW I JUST NEED A NEW MADDEN GAME WHERE I CAN TEXT MESSAGE MY BRO'S AT MOUNTAIN DEW THIS IS SO XTREME!!!
    WHERE DO I PRE-ORDER THE 200$ LIMITED GOLDEN COLLECTOR'S EDITION WITH COOL REHASHED ART BOOKS AND BADASS LOOKING SOLDIER PICS AND A COOL WAR TOY ?

TOTALLY WORTH IT!!!!!

YO, LET MY BREAK YOU OFF SOME OF THIS STICKY ICKY ICKY,THE 200 LIMITED GOLDEN COLLECTORS EDITION IS AVAILABLE  AT GAMESTOP YOU HAVE TO TEXT BOBBY KOTICKS LOVE CHILD THAT WAS CONCEIVED AT A WHITE SNAKE CONCERT IF YOU DO THAT DOG YOU WILL ALSO GET THE NEW DLC THAT INCLUDES 5 NEW SKINS OF 50 CENT AND EMINEM YOU WILL BE THE BIG DOG PITBULL ON YOUR BLOCK SON!!!
    jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#59  Edited By jacdg
    @Afroman269 said:
    Ehh I can wait for the trailer to come up on the GB site. I'm predicting buildings collapsing but in major cities worldwide. Oh, looks like it didn't take long at all for the CoD, hatefest, circle jerk, group to get up in here.
    I can understand people not liking the games, or what Activision is doing to them, but I still find the amount of hate/ridicule somewhat annoying...
    Applederp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Applederp

It's going to be THE SAME THING AS THE PREVIOUS FOUR GAMES

SHOCKING.

Liquidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#61  Edited By Liquidus

I have really not cared about this series since the release of MW2 but given what happened to Infinity Ward and that there's THREE developers working on this game, I wonder how it turns out. Are each studio gonna do a different part of the game i.e. multiplayer, campaign, co-op? Or are they just gonna pass it all around until November rolls in? I'd imagine it'd be the former instead of the latter.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#62  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @JEC03 said:
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    @JEC03 said:
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    LMAO YO CHECK THIS OUT DOG YOU CAN EXPECT A MICHEAL BAY STORY AND A REPETITIVE MP WITH NEW RESKIN GUNS AND NEW PERKS WITH THE SAME OLD UGLY ASS GRAPHICS FTW THIS SHIT IS GOING TO BE OFF THE HOOK YO NOW I JUST NEED A NEW MADDEN GAME WHERE I CAN TEXT MESSAGE MY BRO'S AT MOUNTAIN DEW THIS IS SO XTREME!!!
    WHERE DO I PRE-ORDER THE 200$ LIMITED GOLDEN COLLECTOR'S EDITION WITH COOL REHASHED ART BOOKS AND BADASS LOOKING SOLDIER PICS AND A COOL WAR TOY ?

TOTALLY WORTH IT!!!!!

YO, LET MY BREAK YOU OFF SOME OF THIS STICKY ICKY ICKY,THE 200 LIMITED GOLDEN COLLECTORS EDITION IS AVAILABLE  AT GAMESTOP YOU HAVE TO TEXT BOBBY KOTICKS LOVE CHILD THAT WAS CONCEIVED AT A WHITE SNAKE CONCERT IF YOU DO THAT DOG YOU WILL ALSO GET THE NEW DLC THAT INCLUDES 5 NEW SKINS OF 50 CENT AND EMINEM YOU WILL BE THE BIG DOG PITBULL ON YOUR BLOCK SON!!!
    YO THAT SHIT SOUNDS ABSOLUTELY ORIGINAL AND TOTALLY NOT RIPPING ME OFF. WORTH THE CASH IMO
    HERE'S MY AND MY DAWGS' CREDIT CARD NUMBARZ
    EgoCheck616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By EgoCheck616

Wake me when we get some new Battlefield 3 footage.

Hef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#64  Edited By Hef
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    @JEC03 said:
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    @JEC03 said:
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:

TOTALLY WORTH IT!!!!!

YO THAT SHIT SOUNDS ABSOLUTELY ORIGINAL AND TOTALLY NOT RIPPING ME OFF. WORTH THE CASH IMO
    THIS BECOMES WAY LESS IRONIC AFTER THE 6TH PERSON. I'M STOPPING IT HERE....BROS
    Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#65  Edited By Afroman269
    @JacDG: Ya, I got turned off on the franchise since MW 2 and I couldn't finish Black Ops because I just didn't like it at all. Even though I dislike this franchise now, I'm not gonna go out there and shit on the game at every opportunity I have. Shame people can't be satisfied enough by simply choosing not to buy/play these games.
    Toxin066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#66  Edited By Toxin066
    @Mordi said:
    Sure is a slow news-day today, eh?
    My thoughts exactly, duder.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5de441812a230
    deactivated-5de441812a230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crusader8463 said:
    I just find it insulting how the company makes a big deal out of this every time a new one comes out like it's supposed to be some big new revolutionary thing that will change everything for all time.
    Yeah, I can see your point, but of course they're going to hype it up. It's a thing they're trying to sell you. They're not just going to say 'Yeah it's basically a reskin with some new MP maps. hope you like it!" 

@Chavtheworld said:
    Graphically theres no reason for it to still look like CoD4, even if it is a shooter. Does Crysis look like CoD4? Does Bulletstorm? Does Conduit 2? There's no reason for it to look the same. 

And BF3 won't look the same.
    How do you know it's going to look like CoD4? All of the games you mentioned are different games. Crysis and Battlefield were/are designed to push the limits of their hardware, and Bulletstorm has a more cartoon-y art style, which gives them more leeway to play with the graphics. It looks cool, but with CoD trying to be realistic (in appearance), there's really only so much they're going to be able to do with their lead platform being a 5 year old piece of hardware. 

And also... are you really trying to include The Conduit 2 in a discussion about modern videogame graphics? I'm not a betting man, but I'm pretty sure MW3 is going to have more impressive graphics than The Conduit 2. Just sayin'...
    Nomin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 9

#68  Edited By Nomin

YO ITS MODARN WARFARE

Bigrhyno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#69  Edited By Bigrhyno

The game is on ESPN tonight. 

eristocrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By eristocrat

I'm hoping for an OKC win.

TEHMAXXORZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By TEHMAXXORZ
    @Hef said:
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    @JEC03 said:
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    @JEC03 said:
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:

TOTALLY WORTH IT!!!!!

Oh no you're not duder...
    LosDub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By LosDub

Long Live  Respawn Entertainment !!!

Popskinz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 3

#73  Edited By Popskinz

For some reason i can't help to feel a tingle of excitement whenever a new Call of Duty is announced, but unless Infinity Ward can overhaul the formula in a similiar manner to Call of Duty 4, this wont be a purchase, atleast not this year. (Hint: Skyrim)

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#74  Edited By TheHT

Great. I'll watch it when it gets online.

blacklab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By blacklab

I know it's not popular to like these games, but I always enjoy the campaigns.  I rarely if ever boot up the MP. 

HairyMike87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#76  Edited By HairyMike87

It would be nice to see some gameplay in the trailer, but I'm sure it's going to just be a reveal trailer to get people talking.

Devildoll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Devildoll

at this point in time , what i'm most interested in is to see what they have done to the game's engine.

hoossy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By hoossy

Does anyone have any idea whether it will be built on a newer game engine?

flannelbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By flannelbeard

I like the COD games. I am looking forward to this one as well.

As far as FPS's go, the COD games get it right for my taste and I enjoy them the most. They are buttery smooth, frantic and just plain fun. Aside from increased prices for map packs, the COD games have never really done me wrong so until that day, I will keep buying and playing them.
    Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor

I'm so done with this series.  I guess those guys expect
    everyone to churn out $60 every year for rehash.

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#81  Edited By buft
    @hoossy said:
    Does anyone have any idea whether it will be built on a newer game engine?
    pretty much nothing is known right now, all we have to go on is the location trailers. hopefully it is though.
    sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#82  Edited By sammo21

Yo I bet it looks like Black Ops which looked like Modern Warfare 2 which looked like World At War which looked like Modern Warfare.  Can't wait for more modified Quake engine.

Avatar image for radioactivegazz
    RadioactiveGazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By RadioactiveGazz

£50 says it looks the same. I will still probably buy it. However much I hate Activision and hate how CoD's success is changing the industry for the worse, the games are still pretty damn good. This time I won't be buying at launch, unless they double campaign length.

Julmust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#84  Edited By Julmust

I'm sure it will look nothing like the previous Call of Duty's.
    Very well, I'm looking forward to play the game. Had a blast with the campaigns.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#85  Edited By Bollard
    @GravityProof said:
    @Chavtheworld said:
    Graphically theres no reason for it to still look like CoD4, even if it is a shooter. Does Crysis look like CoD4? Does Bulletstorm? Does Conduit 2? There's no reason for it to look the same. 

And BF3 won't look the same.
    How do you know it's going to look like CoD4? All of the games you mentioned are different games. Crysis and Battlefield were/are designed to push the limits of their hardware, and Bulletstorm has a more cartoon-y art style, which gives them more leeway to play with the graphics. It looks cool, but with CoD trying to be realistic (in appearance), there's really only so much they're going to be able to do with their lead platform being a 5 year old piece of hardware. 

And also... are you really trying to include The Conduit 2 in a discussion about modern videogame graphics? I'm not a betting man, but I'm pretty sure MW3 is going to have more impressive graphics than The Conduit 2. Just sayin'...
    I've seen some of the renders already and hey, guess what, it looks like a Call of Doody. 

Also, I wasn't talking about graphical prowess - I was talking about artistic style. All of those games have very different styles - you said all FPSes look the same. That was my point. 

BF3 was thrown in there to show that at least some people are trying to make change - don't forget that that is still coming out on consoles. They aren't just rehashing what they did before, they're making change and advancing on BC2. There's NO REASON the last 4 (soon to be 5) CoD games all looked the same.
    sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#86  Edited By sammo21
    @Chavtheworld: yeah, its still running on basically the same thing every call of duty game has since the first call of duty on PC: modified Quake engine.  there is only so much you can get out of that engine before it all looks the same.
    willylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By willylo

I'm pretty much over Call of Duty, unless MW3 does something way out there and amazing, I'll just wait for Battlefield 3. MW2 and Black Ops bored the crap out of me, and I'll just mention I don't play online a whole lot so perhaps that's why my experience with them is lackluster.

mofoless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By mofoless
    @TEHMAXXORZ said:
    @Hef said:
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    @JEC03 said:
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    @JEC03 said:
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:

TOTALLY WORTH IT!!!!!

WORD!
    TEHMAXXORZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By TEHMAXXORZ
    @mofoless said:
    @TEHMAXXORZ said:
    @Hef said:
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    @JEC03 said:
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    @JEC03 said:
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:

TOTALLY WORTH IT!!!!!

WORD!
    Seriously guys... I want to read the text right in the middle... so stop commenting...
    N0_va

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By N0_va

gonna be more of the same

mattman734

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By mattman734

I dont care about fighting the man, im stoaked

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#92  Edited By mikemcn

They could totally do something really cool to the franchise, and even if they don't, it means more Capt. Price. 

MforMaverick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By MforMaverick

I'm looking forward to this trailer. I want my jaw to drop to the floor. 

Font8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Font8

We get to see if it is exactly the same as the ones before... I'll see it.

Kolonel_Kool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Kolonel_Kool

I'll be honest, I love IW's work, but with a good chunk of the team gone, I just don't have faith. It'll probably be the same Call of Duty experience that I've come to love, but I'm skeptical.

Djeffers03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Djeffers03

I hope they do something drastically different with this game. The COD formula has become really stale. I doubt it'll be much different though :(

TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By TheFreeMan

I've liked the previous CoD games I've played, so I'm looking forward to whatever they show since this inevitably has to be bigger and better with the MW name on the cover.

Impress me, damn it.
    Avatar image for antoinediamonds
    AntoineDiamonds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By AntoineDiamonds

how many times will they make the same game

mikular

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By mikular

A news story on a trailer being released? What the fuck? Not blaming Klepek, just amazed that this kind of shit is normal now.

ZeroCast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By ZeroCast

I am going to telepathically try and imagine that trailer while sleeping :D.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.