From the Depths of Spoilerville, Modern Warfare 3 Details Leak

• 80 results
#51 Posted by MachoFantastico (4484 posts) -

Done with Call of Duty to be honest. 

#52 Posted by RecSpec (3761 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
" @JoeyRavn said:
" Laugh at me as much as you want, but my main interest in the Modern Warfare series has always been the single player plot. As ridiculously exaggerated as it may be, I've always really liked it. It's like watching an over-the-top action movie.So, yeah. Spoilers, I won't read them. "
Anyone who laughs at you because of that is a narrow minded idiot. People like what they like and, like you, I very much enjoy the campaigns in the CoD games. I will also be avoiding these spoilers.

I'm not sure where I stand on the debate concerning the "leak", though. On one hand, they can post whatever they want and I'm sure many people would want to read through it and presently are so there's that, but it's also a dick move to those working on the game.
"
Kudos to both of you, I couldn't resist reading the story. But yeah, the single player has always been the highlight of these games for me.
#53 Posted by dvorak (1496 posts) -

Reading that whole article on Kotaku, the plot sounds like exactly what you would expect. So expect another Modern Warfare coming at you this November! I guess.

#54 Posted by Krummey (198 posts) -

I'll buy it. I'll hate myself for doing so, but that won't stop me.

#55 Posted by EgoCheck616 (782 posts) -
@Krummey said:
" I'll buy it. I'll hate myself for doing so, but that won't stop me. "
You're what's wrong with the industry.
#56 Posted by Krummey (198 posts) -
@EgoCheck616 If you say so. I'm curious how the mass exodus from IW will affect a franchise that has set high standards for itself. I can't NOT buy it.
#57 Posted by InternetCrab (1504 posts) -

Oh damn! What a different game! Just your normal CoD i guess. Buy, disappoint, don't like.

Seriously, i'm done with CoD.
#58 Posted by CrimsonNoir (399 posts) -

i feel like i'm the only one who actually boycotted the series after the IW thing went down, mw3 will be no different.

#59 Posted by GunsAreDrawn (308 posts) -

Well you can see the fact that people left took toll on the story, it's the same as the last game just with some different locations. We already fought off attacks on U.S. soil, so let's do it again!

Also, I thought District 9 might have shown people you don't have to make something happen in a well-known/obvious city to make it interesting.

Maybe multiplayer might be better than the campaign this time around.

#60 Posted by spiralsin (156 posts) -

Meh.

#61 Posted by MrMazz (915 posts) -

man i am actually pretty hype'd for this i kind of actually like COD 

#62 Posted by Cold_Wolven (2210 posts) -

With games like Battlefield 3, Uncharted 3 and Elder's Scrolls V: Skyrim coming out in the same month my need to play this right away isn't high, maybe when gone through the others will I pick it up.

#63 Posted by Xpgamer7 (2376 posts) -

I wonder if it'll be crazy or realistic. Hmm...

#64 Edited by Xymox (2063 posts) -

Don Jardine is making a facebook game?

#65 Posted by Peanut (953 posts) -

You know what we need? Another Call of Duty game.

#66 Posted by drag (1223 posts) -
@Xpgamer7 said:
" I wonder if it'll be crazy or realistic. Hmm... "
Look real, play crazy. 
#67 Posted by briangodsoe (487 posts) -

3 studios working on a game that was in development when a company was going through a major crisis? I'm curious to find out how it turns out. 

#68 Posted by Gizmo (5389 posts) -

Proud to say that I didn't buy Black Ops and won't be purchasing MW3.

#69 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

Who cares?

#70 Posted by JTB123 (1046 posts) -

I'm interested to see how the campaign will play out, also glad to hear that spec ops is being expanded on. I still need to get a copy of MW2 and wrap those up.

#71 Posted by CandiBunni (465 posts) -

"Call of Duty - Where war never changes"

Sorry, had to do that. OT: I've never been a big fan of COD, and the fact that they've released so many in such a small time span has really made me like it even less. Not to mention the complaints I've heard about MW2's multiplayer. So, I'm really interested in this at all.

#72 Posted by Leptok (942 posts) -

lol

#73 Posted by theodacourt (519 posts) -

You won't say?

I'm-in-space.
#74 Edited by Espio25 (31 posts) -
#75 Posted by Lukeweizer (2606 posts) -

Excited for Captain Price and Spec Ops!

#76 Posted by Belonpopo (1823 posts) -

It's going to be bad.

#77 Posted by positron (43 posts) -

So just more of the exact same then. Looks like Activision are content to just run this franchise into the ground too. As if we should be surprised.    

#78 Posted by positron (43 posts) -
@ZmillA: I'm sure he will when they have a product to market.
#79 Posted by awe_stuck (800 posts) -
Cant believe soo many people are looking forward to a game not made by its original developer unless you count the 6 who stayed at IW (you know the secretary and maintenance guy)
#80 Posted by raikoh05 (412 posts) -

Soap Dies, that is all.

#81 Posted by Solemn (278 posts) -

Seriously, killing playable characters off in CoD is getting boring. Shock & Awe and Aftermath were pretty shocking since you didn't anticipate it, but Soap dying is just way too predictable.

I hope this isn't the real plot, because it looks like the same shitfest from Modern Warfare 2.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.