Surprise - They're probably remaking old maps for DLC.

• 53 results
#1 Posted by bwheeeler (452 posts) -

Crash, Crossfire, Highrise, Overgrown, and Strike were all found in the game files. http://i.imgur.com/BB6bH.png I'd like to get Terminal again, but these are okay too I guess.

#2 Posted by OldManLight (847 posts) -

cool with me, i loved those maps especially crossfire. toss in afghan, terminal and as many other old maps as they want. The gameplay and engine hasn't changed alll that much so they may as well go balls out and give players the entire MW map catalog and just be done with it. especially with spec ops support. that'd be some fan service.

#3 Posted by AlexW00d (6275 posts) -

Shame they'll charge tonnes for them.

#4 Posted by EuanDewar (4944 posts) -

Fuck, I love those maps, especially overgrown.

#5 Posted by SomeDeliCook (2341 posts) -

Thisll be, what, the third time people are paying for the maps?

I want a MP focused game to come out and have all of its DLC compatible on all sequels and have it sell a shit ton. That way developers apply this to ALL games and stop charging for "classic" maps.

#6 Posted by Creamypies (4066 posts) -

Why hasn't CoD gone the Rock Band route yet?

Making people pay for maps they technically already bought is kinda disgusting.

#7 Posted by Getz (3018 posts) -

Bahahaha, suckers!

#8 Posted by plop1920 (448 posts) -

I want them to go way back into cod 1 / 2 maps! Give me dawnville and railyard

#9 Posted by JTMosh (258 posts) -

Crash, Overgrown and Crossfire? Looks like they've got my money.

#10 Posted by Ramone (2967 posts) -

@SomeDeliCook said:

Thisll be, what, the third time people are paying for the maps?

I want a MP focused game to come out and have all of its DLC compatible on all sequels and have it sell a shit ton. That way developers apply this to ALL games and stop charging for "classic" maps.

Why would they stop when they have customers like this:

@JTMosh said:

Crash, Overgrown and Crossfire? Looks like they've got my money.

#11 Posted by Rekt_Hed (848 posts) -

SHOCKING!!!  #sarcasm

#12 Edited by Godlyawesomeguy (6398 posts) -

Well, fuck. They did it. They made people re-buy it once, and they'll somehow find a way to do it again.

Fuck.

#13 Posted by ThePhantomnaut (6197 posts) -

Umm... Sure I will buy em!

#14 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

By remake do you mean just put them over to the other game and make people buy them?

#15 Posted by Stackboy (503 posts) -

Bought the hardened edition and I have no problems with this.

#16 Posted by Knetic2341 (243 posts) -

@Stackboy said:

Yeah, you kinda just said what I was thinking.

I think this is perfectly O.K.

#17 Posted by RecSpec (3820 posts) -

@Knetic2341 said:

@Stackboy said:

Yeah, you kinda just said what I was thinking.

I think this is perfectly O.K.

Ditto.

#18 Posted by vaportra1l (272 posts) -

Well they already have my money but good thing I enjoy all those maps.

#19 Posted by Liquidus (946 posts) -

Crash, Crossfire, Overgrown and Strike are some of the best multiplayer maps ever. Especially Crossfire.

#20 Posted by natetodamax (19207 posts) -

Ugh, I hate that. It just feels lazy to me.

#21 Posted by Animasta (14692 posts) -

@Voxel said:

Ugh, I hate that. It just feels lazy to me.

at least, like, change a bit of the flavor stuff (different types of trees, different colored buildings, whatever) instead of literally just porting them

#22 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -
@Creamypies said:

Making people pay for maps they technically already bought is kinda disgusting.

i'm kind of hoping that it dies soon. 

i think they should give the classic maps for free. they already came out with them.
#23 Posted by ssj4raditz (1125 posts) -

Figures.

#24 Posted by Contro (2040 posts) -

I'm OK with this, but it does add to that feeling.

#25 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

I think it's extremely fucking lazy and pretty pathetic, given how much the game has sold they could have at least given these out for free.

But nope, this drag and drop port process is going to cost people what, $20 for this map pack?

I know the engine the game runs on has had a few upgrades (very minor ones) so it's obviously not just drag and drop, but it's certainly not going to take them long to port these over. 

I didn't buy MW3 but we all know this map pack will sell like crazy and next year Black Ops 1.5 will do the same.

#26 Posted by Shawcross (5 posts) -

Well I do not have Elite so this is kinda annoying lmao Wish they would just go all out and make new maps instead of rehashing old ones and charging 15 bucks for them.

#27 Posted by Twisted_Scot (1178 posts) -

Man I HATE this game but LOVE those maps. Perhaps I'll hold on to it a bit longer. A COD 4 maps only room would be awsome.

#28 Posted by Burns09 (340 posts) -

Does anyone know if the maps will be their own playlist? I guess what I'm asking is how did they set it up in MW2?

#29 Posted by Branthog (5562 posts) -

Overgrown is so damn overrated. It's a shame they don't just do annual DLC instead of a whole new annual game. Then we could play all the maps that have ever come out, plus whatever that year's new "DLC pack" contained. Meh.

Anyway, I'm for anything that breaks up the monotony of these ugly, droll, drab, uninspired maps from MW3.

#30 Posted by bobafettjm (1492 posts) -

I will welcome these with open arms. The saddest part of MW3 for me has been the maps. I love these maps, so getting to play them with the updated multiplayer will be great fun.

#31 Posted by Monopolized (457 posts) -

there good maps I will pay 15.00 for good maps. but i would really like it if they added all the maps from mw2

#32 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

Hey, do you know what multiplayer shooter I love? Counterstrike. Do you know what multiplayer shooter you never had to buy maps for? I'll give you 3 guesses.

#33 Posted by handlas (2683 posts) -

@nintendoeats said:

Hey, do you know what multiplayer shooter I love? Counterstrike. Do you know what multiplayer shooter you never had to buy maps for? I'll give you 3 guesses.

Tetris

Mario Paint

Naughty Bear

#34 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

@handlas said:

@nintendoeats said:

Tetris

Mario Paint

Naughty Bear

I said which multiplayer shooter. variable type = string, returned boolean.

#35 Posted by handlas (2683 posts) -

@nintendoeats said:

@handlas said:

@nintendoeats said:

Tetris

Mario Paint

Naughty Bear

oh my bad...

Pilotwings?

#36 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

@handlas said:

@nintendoeats said:

@handlas said:

@nintendoeats said:

Tetris

Mario Paint

Naughty Bear

oh my bad...

Pilotwings?

See me eyes, they be rollin'.

#37 Posted by BatmanReturned (49 posts) -

Finally they're bringing back Crossfire, I missed that map so bad in MW2.

#38 Posted by OneManX (1693 posts) -

Ugh... just stop digging through game files on the disc. Also, Surprise.

#39 Posted by Kato (156 posts) -

Crash is a great map, but I hope that soon we'll see some cross-company maps. Would love to see BlOps maps (Jungle) and WaW maps in MW. Re-balanced, of course.

#40 Posted by onarum (2094 posts) -

The best part is that they'll charge 15 bucks and people will buy it

#41 Posted by Hameyadea (348 posts) -

Fresh off the press!! Buy MW3 maps that you bought for MW2 that you bought for MW1!! BRAND NEW!! *ONLY* $15!! Buy now!!!!

*sigh*

#42 Posted by Hameyadea (348 posts) -

@nintendoeats said:

Hey, do you know what multiplayer shooter I love? Team Fortress 2. Do you know what multiplayer shooter you never had to buy maps for? I'll give you 3 guesses.

Fixed the error for ya.

#43 Edited by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

@Hameyadea said:

@nintendoeats said:

Hey, do you know what multiplayer shooter I love? Team Fortress 2. Do you know what multiplayer shooter you never had to buy maps for? I'll give you 3 guesses.

Fixed the error for ya.

Now, I appreciate that you were simply trying to find a way to express solidarity with me while including your own personal bent. However, it should not come as surprising that people don't generally like having their opinions twisted, co-opted or corrected (even jokingly). As such, I ask that you refrain from using the "fixed that for you" forum strategy in the future.

#44 Posted by Libb (75 posts) -

All I want is Vacant from COD4, which is probably my favorite map for any multiplayer game ever. I think they re-released it in one of the MW2 packs, but I had stopped playing seriously by then. I'd be more willing to entertain it this time around, although I'd prefer it not be locked away in a $15 bundle with four other maps I don't care about.

#45 Posted by Libb (75 posts) -

If they just did a Classic pack with only COD4 maps (and maybe a couple of MW2, I did enjoy Scrapyard and Highrise), that's the one pack I'd gladly buy day one for $15. Any new maps though don't interest me, cause the new maps in this game have been rather meh.

#46 Posted by phrali (646 posts) -

"remaking" suggests they haven't made them yet.

actually, they are already made and already on your disc, and you are going to have to pay extra to "download" aka unlock them even though you already paid for your disc.

#47 Posted by bwheeeler (452 posts) -

@phrali: Except they're not on the disk.

#48 Edited by SoldierG654342 (1766 posts) -

@Creamypies said:

Because they can get the people to buy the same maps multiple times over. The works already been done, it's practically found moeny.

#49 Posted by SwaggervilleAoE (15 posts) -

I love all of the original MW2 maps, minus Estate.

#50 Posted by Entreri10 (201 posts) -

Crossfire was one of my favorites, I really miss Bog too.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.