Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: World at War

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Nov 11, 2008

The fifth installment of the Call of Duty series, bringing most of the gameplay and graphical improvements of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare back to World War II conflict. It is also the first Call of Duty game set in the Pacific Theater.

CoD:WaW on Veteran

FoolInjection

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Edited By FoolInjection

Been sitting having a go at Call of Duty: World at War's Veteran mode while I'm defragmenting my PC here.  I seem to be doing not too bad and I seem to only be gettin stuck at the same bits I was stuck on when I was playing on Hardened.  I've just gotten past the sniper in the windows section of the first Russian army level.  I'm now at the bit after your compatriots come in and save your bacon where you have to snipe the guys with the flamethrowers.

The only real difference between Hardened and Veteran seems to be that you can only take one bullet from a rifle and OMG the grenade spaming.  Literally nowhere is safe on veteran.  Its exactly the same as in CoD4.  You go prone or crouch behind some cover and as soon as you do a grenade appears... and then the game becomes hunt the nade so you can throw it back before it kills you. 

Just heard about the new patch and map for WaW, the new map Makin is basicly a day version of the Makin night map we already have but apparently the tide is out too so you probably won't find so many guys sniping from the water anymore.

Still haven't broken into any of the 3 new games I've got sitting there.  I've been too busy messing about in CoD:WaW.  I'm kind of gettting tired of the online though.  Because I haven't been playing it as much as a lot of people seem to be there are too many people with the best weapons and perks just running around mowing people down with the STG-44 and that other rifle that I forget the name of right now.  Kind of sucks as the multiplayer is good... just maybe not as good as CoD4's was.

FoolInjection

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By FoolInjection

Been sitting having a go at Call of Duty: World at War's Veteran mode while I'm defragmenting my PC here.  I seem to be doing not too bad and I seem to only be gettin stuck at the same bits I was stuck on when I was playing on Hardened.  I've just gotten past the sniper in the windows section of the first Russian army level.  I'm now at the bit after your compatriots come in and save your bacon where you have to snipe the guys with the flamethrowers.

The only real difference between Hardened and Veteran seems to be that you can only take one bullet from a rifle and OMG the grenade spaming.  Literally nowhere is safe on veteran.  Its exactly the same as in CoD4.  You go prone or crouch behind some cover and as soon as you do a grenade appears... and then the game becomes hunt the nade so you can throw it back before it kills you. 

Just heard about the new patch and map for WaW, the new map Makin is basicly a day version of the Makin night map we already have but apparently the tide is out too so you probably won't find so many guys sniping from the water anymore.

Still haven't broken into any of the 3 new games I've got sitting there.  I've been too busy messing about in CoD:WaW.  I'm kind of gettting tired of the online though.  Because I haven't been playing it as much as a lot of people seem to be there are too many people with the best weapons and perks just running around mowing people down with the STG-44 and that other rifle that I forget the name of right now.  Kind of sucks as the multiplayer is good... just maybe not as good as CoD4's was.

Grimjim8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Grimjim8000

gonna be honest im not a fan of WAW... it just didn't do anything for me, i got the pc version maybe the console versions are easier to get into?

so i think i'll just wait for modern warfare 2 and leave waw to collect dust :P

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Hitchenson

Yeah, I do hate the constant grenade spam on Veteran.
    And, I keep seeing people using the STG-44 also. Getting kinda annoying, I've been using the SVT and FG-42 recently.

Huh, I don't get the CoD 4 is better kinda stuff. I personally think CoD: WaW is x10 better then CoD 4...

FoolInjection

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By FoolInjection
    Hitchenson said:
    "Yeah, I do hate the constant grenade spam on Veteran.
    And, I keep seeing people using the STG-44 also. Getting kinda annoying, I've been using the SVT and FG-42 recently.

Huh, I don't get the CoD 4 is better kinda stuff. I personally think CoD: WaW is x10 better then CoD 4..."
    The FG-42 was the other rifle I was thinking about.  I was on a map, the new Makin actually, where a guy had that along with Bandolier, Double Tap and Martyrdom.  He just ran around the map and obliterated everyone and was unstoppable.

The whole I think CoD4 might be better thing stems from the way the weapons are unlocked.  I think in CoD4 your base default starting kit was pretty middle of the road and you knew you could fall back on it if you had to, while unlocked guns might have been better in some areas but not in them all, it was a trade off, sacrafice automatic fire for more accuracy, more rounds per minute for less damage.  In WaW every new weapon unlock is better than the one previous so the higher your rank the better the weapons are or at least thats how I feel about it.  Once you get the STG-44, the FG-42 and PPSH... you don't really need to switch those out for anything.

So yeah I think the weapon unlocks in CoD4 were more balanced.  Hence better online experience.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.