Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: World at War

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Nov 11, 2008

The fifth installment of the Call of Duty series, bringing most of the gameplay and graphical improvements of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare back to World War II conflict. It is also the first Call of Duty game set in the Pacific Theater.

how do the weapons feel?

ieatlions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By ieatlions

for anyone in the beta , how do the weapons feel and are they as goods as cod 4s ?

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By jakob187

Like plastic and buttons.  =  /

TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

No, they aren't.

I couldn't find one single weapon that I liked. Well...maybe the MP 40, but it isn't as good as the MP 40 in other WWII games (Day of Defeat, etc.)

ieatlions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ieatlions

day of defeat rocks but thats a shame ,

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jayge_

No, the weapons feel pretty good. The Garand is a blast to shoot, as is the Mosin-Nagant and the Springfield. So is the Gewehr, the MP40 and Thompson have booms to them, the Trench Gun is alright. I like the weapons more than CoD4's weapons, but I'm partial to WW2 in that regard. I don't like anything else about the game though.

ieatlions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ieatlions

umm can u say wat makes the guns better than cods?

ep_driver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By ep_driver

Guns are no fun to shoot in this game. As I said in another thread, they don't "feel" good/powerful to shoot, as they do in COD4. I think I'll be sticking with Modern Warfare.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jayge_
    ieatlions said:
    "umm can u say wat makes the guns better than cods?"
    CoD4's weapons don't feel any different at all. Aside from the sound, they're just all automatic and crappy. With the world war 2 guns you can tell each weapon apart when you're shooting it because they're all distinct. The Thompson feels much more jarring then the MP40, but the MP40 is smoother and seems more powerful. The Gewehr is a bit softer then a Garand, but it also feels slightly better to aim although the Garand is definitely the more fun gun, in terms of shooting and getting kills with. They aren't nearly as sterile as the CoD4 guns.
    giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By giyanks22
    jakob187 said:
    "Like plastic and buttons.  =  /"
    lol.... Jayge said:
    "ieatlions said:
    "umm can u say wat makes the guns better than cods?"
    CoD4's weapons don't feel any different at all. Aside from the sound, they're just all automatic and crappy. With the world war 2 guns you can tell each weapon apart when you're shooting it because they're all distinct. The Thompson feels much more jarring then the MP40, but the MP40 is smoother and seems more powerful. The Gewehr is a bit softer then a Garand, but it also feels slightly better to aim although the Garand is definitely the more fun gun, in terms of shooting and getting kills with. They aren't nearly as sterile as the CoD4 guns."
    Jayge for once I agree with you. The WWII weapons feel a lot better than Modern Weapons. I just love the sound of those Thomsons. chchchchchch.....chchchhchchch

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.