2012 the year of Capcom

• 51 results
#1 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -

Resident Evil revelations, RE6, RE: operation racoon city, street fighter X Tekken, DMC, devil may cry HD collection, Dragon's Dogma are all coming out this year. That's 7 games coming out this year and 4 of them are coming out in march alone. That's just what we know of. I bet you there is still some kind of megaman or monster hunter thing coming too. In closing Capcom better make a damn new Onimusha game next year.

#2 Posted by believer258 (12005 posts) -

No Megaman Legends 3.

I'm still sore over that, and I didn't even contribute to it like so many people did. One of the few times a big company tried to get the community's input and they just shut it down. Fuckers.

#3 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -
@believer258 said:

No Megaman Legends 3.

I'm still sore over that, and I didn't even contribute to it like so many people did. One of the few times a big company tried to get the community's input and they just shut it down. Fuckers.

well take heart in the fact that everyone that actually saw it, thought it looked bad.
#4 Edited by Doctorchimp (4078 posts) -

Do people actually care about those Resident Evil games?

I don't have a 3DS and if they want me to play a clunky action shooter Capcom is out of their minds.

Street Fighter x Tekken is probably going to be awesome...shady capcom business aside.

DMC maybe, I ain't buying that HD collection and Dragon's Dogma still doesn't look interesting.

So 1 out of 7 games ain't bad Capcom.

#5 Posted by Bam_D_Leprechaun (795 posts) -

meh, nothing seems to excite me outside of SF x T

#6 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Still no Mega Man.

#7 Posted by Demoskinos (15019 posts) -

And I'm not really interested in a damn one of them well...possibly DMC but that depends.

#8 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -
@Doctorchimp said:

I don't have a 3DS and if they want me to play a clunky action shooter Capcom is out of their minds.

Street Fighter x Tekken is probably going to be awesome...shady capcom business aside.

DMC maybe, I ain't buying that HD collection and Dragon's Dogma still doesn't look interesting.

Were you not here when RE6 was announced? Tons of people were shitting themselves with excitement.
I'm excited for RE6
op racoon city, dragon's dogma, sXt  look great
DMC is one of the most beautiful games I've ever seen
I don't have a 3DS either and I don't want the HD either 
so that's 5 out of 7 different strokes for different folks.
#9 Posted by mylifeforAiur (3487 posts) -

It's good to see that they're not running that Resident Evil franchise into the ground or anything.

#10 Posted by Doctorchimp (4078 posts) -

@kingzetta said:

@Doctorchimp said:

Were you not here when RE6 was announced? Tons of people were shitting themselves with excitement. I'm excited for RE6 op racoon city, dragon's dogma, sXt look great DMC is one of the most beautiful games I've ever seen I don't have a 3DS either and I don't want the HD either so that's 5 out of 7 different strokes for different folks.

Yeah....and I remember people freaking out about Brink...

Or any other game.

#11 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -
@Doctorchimp said:

@kingzetta said:

@Doctorchimp said:

Were you not here when RE6 was announced? Tons of people were shitting themselves with excitement. I'm excited for RE6 op racoon city, dragon's dogma, sXt look great DMC is one of the most beautiful games I've ever seen I don't have a 3DS either and I don't want the HD either so that's 5 out of 7 different strokes for different folks.

Or any other game.

Comparing Resident Evil 6 to Brink is pretty damn ridiculous. 
#12 Posted by PixelPrinny (1030 posts) -

Can't wait for SF x T, yay!

Kind of interested in Dragon's Dogma, but I'll wait to learn more about it. I've heard some say it's like Monster Hunters meets Dark Souls... If that's the case, hopefully it's way more Monster Hunter than Dark Souls (though honestly, I'd rather we just see a Monster Hunter 4 >.>)

Never been interested in the RE franchise, but hooray for people who are. Hopefully the new RE games turn out to be great.

#13 Posted by JJOR64 (19023 posts) -

@PixelPrinny said:

(though honestly, I'd rather we just see a Monster Hunter 4 >.>)

They are making Monster Hunter 4.

#14 Edited by punpun (232 posts) -

I'd be the happiest person alive if they started bringing more Monster Hunter over to the west. I'm not too excited about any of that other stuff. Dragon's Dogma seems like it could be interesting I guess?

@JJOR64 said:

@PixelPrinny said:

That isn't Japanese only?
#15 Posted by FateOfNever (1848 posts) -

Don't forget, Street Fighter X Tekken Ultimate Edition Because We Know People Will Totally Pay For A Game That We Just Launched 6 Months Ago Again will launch in like October or November.

Sure Capcom's releasing a lot of stuff, but it feels like they've been dropping the ball so often lately that until any of it actually launches I don't know if I believe any of it will be any good. Plus, although Capcom's launching DMC, it's still that other company that's making it for them, so, it's a Capcom property, but, they're not really so much the ones releasing it. Also, supposedly (according to the wiki) THREE of those games are due out in March and another in February. That... seems like they're shooting themselves in the foot kind of.

#16 Posted by PixelPrinny (1030 posts) -

@JJOR64 said:

@PixelPrinny said:

Awesome! But... will we see it here...?

#17 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19372 posts) -

I don't care because there's no Ace Attorney Investigations 2. Phoenix Wright vs. Professor Layton probably wouldn't even come to North America in 2012.

#18 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7099 posts) -

@kingzetta said:

@Doctorchimp said:

@kingzetta said:

@Doctorchimp said:

Or any other game.

Yeah, Brink was a brand new IP that turned out to be utter shit in almost everyone's opinions and Resident Evil is a really well established series. Some may not like it but there are a ton of people who are still really into it (myself included, despite RE5).

#19 Posted by StarvingGamer (8380 posts) -

Fuuu looks like my resolution to only buy one game a month is going the fuck out the window. Too much good shit!

I'll try to wait on the others, but RE6, SFxT, and DmC are all day-one purchases for me.

#20 Posted by mazik765 (2315 posts) -

@MariachiMacabre said:

@kingzetta said:

@Doctorchimp said:

@kingzetta said:

@Doctorchimp said:

Or any other game.

Yeah, Brink was a brand new IP that turned out to be utter shit in almost everyone's opinions and Resident Evil is a really well established series. Some may not like it but there are a ton of people who are still really into it (myself included, despite RE5).

I really liked Brink. What now?

#21 Edited by Doctorchimp (4078 posts) -

@mazik765 said:

@MariachiMacabre said:

@kingzetta said:

@Doctorchimp said:

@kingzetta said:

@Doctorchimp said:

Or any other game.

Now you complain that Brink is moving away from its survival horror roots....

Wait, now I'm confused.

#22 Posted by NTM (7486 posts) -

Yeah, I noticed this. Especially with the Resident Evil games.

#23 Posted by ajamafalous (12040 posts) -

Only thing there that interests me is RE6, but PC version is delayed, so derp. 

I'm sure I'll enjoy it after it's on sale during the Steam Thanksgiving Sale in 2013 though.

#24 Posted by Commisar123 (1796 posts) -

I think it is a little early to be deciding that. You know before we play any of those games.

#25 Posted by Metric_Outlaw (1172 posts) -

Don't forget the other three versions of Street Fighter X Tekken that'll be released this year too.

#26 Posted by Shady (503 posts) -

Those sure are video games.

#27 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3067 posts) -

I guess this is the year for me to start liking Capcom games?

Probably not.

#28 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

um last year was the year of capcom they released 3rd strike! WHO DIDNT LOVE THIRD STRIKE!

#29 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -
@mazik765 said:

@MariachiMacabre said:

@kingzetta said:

@Doctorchimp said:

@kingzetta said:

@Doctorchimp said:

Or any other game.

I didn't think it was that bad either
#30 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -
@Commisar123 said:

I think it is a little early to be deciding that. You know before we play any of those games.

Well it's the year of capcom just by quantity
#31 Posted by Zero_ (1976 posts) -
;(
#32 Posted by cosi83 (401 posts) -

Yeah but how many of those will be good?

They needs a Ghost Trick 3DS and Zack and Wiki Wii U

#33 Edited by Dany (7887 posts) -

What about Dead Rising2 and MvC3. Those games listed look neat but are you ready to buy the complete version in 8-9 months after the vanilla version is released?

#34 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -
@cosi83 said:

Yeah but how many of those will be good?

They needs a Ghost Trick 3DS and Zack and Wiki Wii U

Don't be so negative, the game industry feeds on excitement .
#35 Posted by TheOtherSuperMarioBro (60 posts) -

Calling it right now DMC is going to be one of the best games this year. Ninja Theory is really good.

#36 Posted by Unchained (1081 posts) -

I'm really excited for Dragon's Dogma.

#37 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -
@PixelPrinny said:

@JJOR64 said:

@PixelPrinny said:

Awesome! But... will we see it here...?

Nintendo will localize it for them if they are too stupid to do it themselves.
#38 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -
@Dany said:

What about Dead Rising2 and MvC3. Those games listed look neat but are you ready to buy the complete version in 8-9 months after the vanilla version is released?

Well I'm not going to buy sXt because I'm going to be busy with soul caliber 5. Dead Riseing 2 was huge game at the start. All they did was change chuck for frank, I'd hardly call that the complete version.
#39 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -
@TheOtherSuperMarioBro said:
Calling it right now DMC is going to be one of the best games this year. Ninja Theory is really good.
damn straight
#40 Posted by MikkaQ (10318 posts) -

And yes, none of those are truly interesting. Maybe SF x Tekken cause it looks nuts, but really... a shitload of unoriginal Resident Evil games, one major entry in the series that'll probably blow exactly no one away. Not like those games will be terrible or anything, but nothing to get excited about either.

Capcom needs some new franchises, son.

#41 Edited by GunstarRed (5308 posts) -

I have varying interest in all of those games, but I'm pretty excited for Revelations next friday and Resident Evil 6 looks amazing (I liked 5) I'm also pretty curious to see what Asuras Wrath actually is. I think Capcom will have a really good year.

#42 Posted by Levio (1784 posts) -

The lack of Megaman is annoying, but it's better that Capcom makes no Megaman games than rush out bad games to meet demand like Sega did with Sonic.

#43 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

no Ace attorney on the list which is a shame that capcom wont bring the damn games over here

#44 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -
@slightconfuse said:

no Ace attorney on the list which is a shame that capcom wont bring the damn games over here

well there is that Layton vs Wright game but we no idea when that's coming out.
#45 Edited by Ghostiet (5289 posts) -
@kingzetta said:

@slightconfuse said:

well there is that Layton vs Wright game but we no idea when that's coming out.

It's only coming out because no one there has a fucking clue what to do with Gyakuten Saiban 5 after that godawful Apollo Justice game. Seriously. Phoenix Wright as a protagonist is ruined and there's no way in making another game without him as the main guy because that's the lead from the ending.

And they're not bringing Ace Attorney Investigations 2, so fuck them.

#46 Posted by LobsterVendetta (116 posts) -

After the direction the Dead Rising games have been taking and stuff like Rearmed 2 and Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, I'm going to keep my distance from Capcom for now. Thankfully none of the games they have announced so far have caught my interest, heck I think at this point the only thing that could make me drop my guard for a bit would be a sequel to Dark Void. (I loved that game, and I feel there is SO much they can do with it)

#47 Posted by Deranged (1837 posts) -

I am massively excited for Resident Evil 6 and Devil May Cry. Racoon City looks meh but I'll still try it out regardless.

#48 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

Can't wait for SF x Tekken. It's easily going to be in my top 3 of the year, just like UMvC3 was.

#49 Posted by MideonNViscera (2257 posts) -

Capcom is a weird company for me. I love Street Fighter and I generally play RE games, but I just don't seem to care about anything else they make, even when I hear it's really good. They will never sell me a Mega Man or DMC product, and I know I'll end up passing on Dragon's Dogma even though it looks good. Meanwhile I'll probably buy 3 different updated versions of SFxT and smile the whole time.

#50 Posted by StarvingGamer (8380 posts) -

@Ghostiet: PW could easily come back either in a pre-Apollo Justice game (like what lead up to his final case!?!?!?) or in the future as something approximating a PI, teaming up with some fresh new attorney and working behind the scenes. That being said, yeah fuck AAI2 not coming out here.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.