Save File Corrupted

#1 Posted by Hammerjelly (221 posts) -

I turned on the 360 last night to play some more Lords of Shadow, and when I booted it up I was greeted with a "save file has become corrupted" message. I'm not exactly sure what I did to mess up the save file. Has this happened to anyone else? There is no main menu that you can quit out of the game to just to be sure. I think I just paused it and quit. Maybe it was saving when i did that.

#2 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7241 posts) -
Never trust that bastard Dracula.  

But seriously, I have no idea. Just wanted to post that, sorry. xD 

Tried Googling it?
#3 Posted by Jazz (2294 posts) -

Apparently its a problem in both versions of the game. Always back up your save file, if you don't already. Hopefully they'll patch it soon. Reminds me of the AC2 bug.

#4 Posted by Hammerjelly (221 posts) -

Did they mention specifically what makes the file corrupt? I'd like to avoid it if possible..

#5 Edited by ImpendingFoil (555 posts) -

This happened to me once in Marvel Ultimate Alliance on 360.  I was like 75% through the game and then my save file went corrupt.  I have no idea why or how but I do know I never really played the game ever again since I was so pissed off.

#6 Posted by KingBroly (1645 posts) -

I'm glad it didn't happen to me, although I did get an Unhandled Error message on my PS3.  Luckily I was able to beat the game.

#7 Posted by ReyGitano (2467 posts) -

Sorry for your loss. Hope you weren't too far in the game.

#8 Edited by OllyOxenFree (4981 posts) -

You probably did quit when it was auto-saving for a checkpoint.  Always finish whatever section you are at, then let the game save, and then when you are in the world map you can safely quit out.

#9 Posted by lolak47 (232 posts) -

Why don't they have a exit game option!??

#10 Posted by Ares42 (2780 posts) -

I got the absolutely awesome "unhandled error" crash on the last boss. Thank god for youtube :P although I'm pretty sure I'll play it again on Hard for more achievements etc so not too bummed out about it. Still sucks pretty hard though.

#11 Posted by GetBentTheVideoGame (261 posts) -

Apparently a lot of people have been having this problem, especially on PS3, so now I'm all paranoid, alternating backups of my save.

#12 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

WELL YOUR FUCKED!

#13 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4981 posts) -
@scarace360 said:
" WELL YOUR FUCKED! "
Your grammar is fucked!

Also, now that I'm near the end, I guess backing up my save is not a bad idea...
#14 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -
@OllyOxenFree said:
" @scarace360 said:
" WELL YOUR FUCKED! "
Your grammar is fucked!  Also, now that I'm near the end, I guess backing up my save is not a bad idea... "
You dont have to point it out :(
#15 Posted by FirePrince (1765 posts) -

Happened to me as well,do not save near checkpoints.At all.NEVER.

#16 Posted by Hammerjelly (221 posts) -

I have been finishing a level, then starting the next one, then quiting to the dashboard and I haven't had any more problems with corrupt save files so far.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.