Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Chroma Squad

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Apr 30, 2015

Chroma Squad is a turn-based tactical management simulation game.

So I'm making Giant Bomb on Chroma Squad

Maajin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Maajin

If you don't know, Chroma Squad is this cool tactical RPG that lets you have your own super sentai TV Studio and squad, so of course I'm making Giant Bomb. Cool thing is each hero is an archetype, so I made Jeff the leader, Vinny the techie, Drew the cool, acrobatics guy. (The game is pretty fun as well)

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So can I make my team shout CHINA DON'T CARE when they transform into a big dumb robot? That seems nice.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By ArtisanBreads

This game is really, really fun so far! It's surprising and impressing me just like Darkest Dungeon in how well it all works together. There are a lot of systems.

I'm not even into Sentai but I like the idea of making a TV show and the whole set up. It's nice to have something silly and lighthearted. The writing isn't great but its funny at times and overall it works. You get to hire actors for certain roles and it seems like the story unfolds based on the roles and the actor doesn't change much. Something noticable when you choose the silent monk and he's talking all the time. It works though and I really like the idea.

The combat works very well. I like the progression. The teamwork mechanic is great and it moves well without requiring a ton of menus like some SRPGs. In a way it feels like playing a tactical beat em up.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

Nobody is talking about this one? Some of the most fun I've had this year. It's rather simple, but it all works together quite well. I've noticed that character mobility is an important piece of strategy, which separates it from a lot of other tactical strategy games. Recommended.

Maajin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Maajin
    Avatar image for captainkamikaze
    CaptainKamikaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By CaptainKamikaze

I'm glad to see that others are also enjoying this game as much as I am. Got it yesterday, and played through the first season. Really hoping for a quick look myself, as I think this one is slipping under the radar of most people.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By ArtisanBreads

Yeah I'm episodes from the end and it was really fun. Kind of wears out of steam in the late game part (not much to buy or upgrade or grow with) but the game was good. I love the genre and it was fun having a simple to play but unique take on turn based strategy with a fun setting. You do see a lot of growth in the characters abilities as the game goes on and the Director challenges keep things interesting. They aren't always too fair and sometimes are kinda annoying but even if you aren't perfect with them you will do fine and have plenty of money and resources.

The story wasn't anything more than light and kind of funny but it was all delivered really well. I liked being able to set up your team in roles.

Planning to write a review soon. If you're interested in this kind of strategy game it's certainly worth a look more than anything because it's so refreshing. I'm not even someone who ever liked Power Rangers, even as a kid, but it's all just silly and funny.

If they expanded on this, I'd love to see a better take on management and player choice in how things progressed. They only really give you choice at the beginning in this, but how cool could it be if you could design and name a lot of parts of the show? Like design some enemies or your arch nemesis? Choose different encounters and kind of write the script to an episode? (Maybe make your next battle harder for more reward). I think they should lean even more into the fact that you are making a show. Even the choices at the start didn't matter much. Like I chose the silent monk character for one role because I thought it'd be funny to have a cast member who doesn't speak (a silent scout) but he just talked right away. None of the cast choices matter to the story.

That was something that annoyed me about the late game, as well. No need for it all to become real. I liked it being about a show.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.