Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Cities XL 2011

Game » consists of 0 releases. Released Oct 15, 2010

Produced in the wake of the failure and subsequent shutdown of the MMO-like service featured prominently in the original game, Cities XL 2011 is a standalone "enriched version" of the original Cities XL. 2011 includes more buildings, additional maps, and a revamped tax system, while lacking any online functionality.

Is this game good?

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Jadeskye

I played the Beta for the original and hated it, the reviews came out and they were terrible. I understand this is the sequel but i can find very little said about it (This is the first topic in this game's forum). 

anyone played it? I'm getting a little tired of playing simcity 4.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By beargirl1

i haven't played it but..  

Dalai talks about it in his blog, says it plays just like the original. they fixed some issues from the last game but it still feels too lifeless to be a city building sim. IGN also has a review up if you'd like to check that out and also a metacritic thing 

soo judging from all of that, it doesn't seem too great if you didn't like the first one. 

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Jadeskye
    @AjayRaz: God damn it. Someone get Ea on the phone and make them make Simcity 5 and make it not awful.
    Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Jimbo

It's not really a sequel, they just finished making the first game and put it out again.  I played the fuck out of the beta first time around, got some pretty rad screenshots around somewhere.

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By meteora

Its a pretty easy game where you can pretty much lay the foundation of building skyscrapers everywhere with no problems. Game is also very unoptimized since it only uses a single freaking core, so it starts to lag at around the 100,000th population unless you have a uber single core/CPU in general.

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jadeskye
    @Meteora said:
    " Its a pretty easy game where you can pretty much lay the foundation of building skyscrapers everywhere with no problems. Game is also very unoptimized since it only uses a single freaking core, so it starts to lag at around the 100,000th population unless you have a uber single core/CPU in general. "
    okay i'm un-sold. Someone found a studio and make simcity 4-2.
    meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By meteora
    @jadeskye said:

" @Meteora said:

" Its a pretty easy game where you can pretty much lay the foundation of building skyscrapers everywhere with no problems. Game is also very unoptimized since it only uses a single freaking core, so it starts to lag at around the 100,000th population unless you have a uber single core/CPU in general. "
    okay i'm un-sold. Someone found a studio and make simcity 4-2. "
    Yeah I wouldn't spend my money on the game. I got to around 20,000 people and I can already put down skyscrapers, not like in Simcity 4 where you needed at least a number of people and other requirements before they are constructed. But that's not nearly as big of a pressing concern as the performance issues I have with the game; because almost everyone is bound to have issues if the game only uses one freaking core. 

Though I'd admit the game is a good city builder in terms of making a beautiful city; not so much about a functional and city sim.
    Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jimbo

endless_void

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By endless_void

Hmm, yeah simcity 4 still sounds like the top city building game. Such a shame there won't be another from Will Wright :(

His last game should've been simcity 5 at maxis, not that atrocious, broken spore game.

BigLemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BigLemon
    @jadeskye said:
    " I played the Beta for the original and hated it, the reviews came out and they were terrible. I understand this is the sequel but i can find very little said about it (This is the first topic in this game's forum).  anyone played it? I'm getting a little tired of playing simcity 4. "
    I really like this game. In some ways, I find it better than any Sim City 4 game. I paid full price ($39.99 USD) for it, and I don't know if it's quite worth that much, but it's good nonetheless.
    DeeGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By DeeGee

It's mediocre. In terms of city building it's pretty damn good, the tools it has at it's disposal are amazing. The free form way you can layout blocks of buildings is pretty amazing. But the UI is just bad. Terrible, even. There are no less then 20 buttons on the right of the screen to show very important things, as well as a huge amount of stuff at the top.

For me the became unplayable when the age old problem of traffic occurred. How do I check where the traffic is? Poor placed menu's! : D Sim City 4 had a little box where you ticked what you wanted to colour your city. This game has a different menu and sub menu you need to go into every time you want to do it. Nothing is obvious, everything is hidden somewhere out of sight.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.