Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Club Nintendo

Concept »

A service allowing consumers to obtain limited edition items with points accumulated through purchase of Nintendo products. Several titles have been released exclusively for this purpose. The program was discontinued in September 2015.

What should I pick?

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Godwind

Anyways, I am having hard time picking out between two items; Nintendo DS Lite Game Card and Stylus Set and the
    Silver Nintendo DS Game Card Case.

Here are the items.

Nintendo DS Lite Game Card and Stylus Set (Navy Blue)

600 points

No Caption Provided

This limited edition case stores 9 Nintendo DS Game Cards and comes bundled with 7 rainbow colored Nintendo DS Lite styli. (Nintendo DS Game Cards not included.)

Pros:
    -Comes with 7 free styluses (I don't give a shit if it a cluster fuck of rainbow colored gay pride styluses)
    -Carries 3 more games than the other
    -100 points less
    -Could be used as coaster?

Cons
    -Looks it is the size of a Game Package, perhaps larger (Which is a tad tight in my jacket.  Bad for the summer)
    -Not as stylish
    -Book like open design

Silver Nintendo DS Game Card Case

700 points

No Caption Provided

This stylish case holds 6 of your favorite Nintendo DS Game Cards, and comes bundled with an aluminum stylus.

Pros:
    -Looks nice and Sleek
    -Looks like it could fit in just about any pocket
    -Comes with one free styluses
    -Makes me feel like I can kick your ass
    -Probably better at carrying SD cards (I have a DSi, a nice plus)

Cons:
    -Costs 100 points more
    -Carries less styluses
    -Contains less free styluses

Another Question is, should I hold onto my Nintendo Coins a little longer for the next round of items?  Here is a little notice from the Club Nintendo rules.  They will last me till June 30, 2011.

4.  When do my Coins expire?

The length of time that Coins are valid is measured in Club Nintendo years. A Club Nintendo year runs from July 1 to June 30. Coins are valid for at least two Club Nintendo years; they expire on the third June 30th after their issuance. For example, if you are issued coins on February 14, 2009, they will expire on June 30, 2011.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#2  Edited By AgentJ

Dont yet. Save them until Nintendo brings something we actually want, like an awesome coat or something. Of course spend them before they expire, but hold onto them until nintendo shows us something you cant resist.

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Godwind

I already have a kick ass coat, it is a leather jacket.  Notice from my Pros and Cons list?  Also, I don't want clothing from Nintendo.  My clothing are already kick ass.  I also don't like the idea of being a walking talking advertisement.  I want something contributes to my convenience as a gamer.

Stuff such as
    -Free Video games
    -Useful video game accessories
    -Magazines

Something of this sort would be compelling.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By AgentJ
    Godwind said:
    "I already have a kick ass coat, it is a leather jacket.  Notice from my Pros and Cons list?  Also, I don't want clothing from Nintendo.  My clothing are already kick ass.  I also don't like the idea of being a walking talking advertisement.  I want something contributes to my convenience as a gamer.Stuff such as-Free Video games-Useful video game accessories-MagazinesSomething of this sort would be compelling."
    Okay then, wait until they bring Tingles Rosy Rupeeland, Tingles Baloon fight, or that power ranger ripoff over as a club nintendo bonus. 
    Steve_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Steve_C

From the two, the second option looks a bit more useful as a means to carry around multiple games on the go, being smaller. You won't really have the need to be carrying 9 games and 7 styluses at one time.

I'm not really feeling either of them though, but these aren't the things i'd spend my points on to begin with.

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Godwind
    Steve_C said:
    "From the two, the second option looks a bit more useful as a means to carry around multiple games on the go, being smaller. You won't really have the need to be carrying 9 games and 7 styluses at one time.I'm not really feeling either of them though, but these aren't the things i'd spend my points on to begin with."
    Do you own a portable system?
    EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By EvilTwin

One plastic stylus could probably last you the rest of your life, let alone an aluminum one.  Therefore, I'd go with the second case. 

Steve_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Steve_C
    Godwind said:
    "Steve_C said:
    "From the two, the second option looks a bit more useful as a means to carry around multiple games on the go, being smaller. You won't really have the need to be carrying 9 games and 7 styluses at one time.I'm not really feeling either of them though, but these aren't the things i'd spend my points on to begin with."
    Do you own a portable system?"
    Yeah, mulitple systems infact. I keep the games and the system in a single case rather than having something seperate just for the games, and i usually only carry around two extra games at a time in addition to what's already in the slot if i need to.

Regardless of that though, the cases themselves don't seem particularly unique. Even my DS case from a store is nintendo-licensed with mario on the front and looks pretty sweet. I'd personally want to use my points to get something that seems quite unique and collectable, or to get a new free game.
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AgentJ

If you have to choose between those two, id pick the second option. Even on an extended trip you wont need 9 games, and unless you lose things alot, you dont need all those styluses. Besides, it sounds like portability is pretty important to you, and the second one is smaller and makes you feel like you could kick my ass. *Whump* OW! WTF dude!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.