The Crazy Climber wiki last edited by ReverendHunt on 04/16/14 01:20AM
View full history
Crazy Climber is a 1980 Nihon Bussan Arcade game in which the player must scale a tall building while avoiding dangers during their ascent. It is in some part inspired by the "Human Fly" craze of the late 70s.
The game was eventually released on the Famicom in 1986 and came bundled with a special controller that allowed the player to control both arms of the climber. It was also available on other home systems, such as the Atari 2600.
The player is awarded 3 lives at the beginning of each games. An extra life is given after the players reaches 30,000 points.
For every story of the building climber, the player scores
- 1st Building - 100 points
- 2nd Building - 150 points
- 3rd Building - 200 points
- 4th Building - 250 points
Bonus points are awarded when after successfully climbing each building and the climber is carried off by the helicopter. However, the bonus score decreases every ten seconds that the climber spends ascending the building.
- 1st Building - 10,000 points
- 2nd Building - 20,000 points
- 3rd Building - 30,000 points
- 4th Building - 40,000 points
- An Arcadia 2100 port was in the works, but never got released.
- Musical themes in the game include Baby Elephant Walk, The Pink Panther and The Entertainer.