Crysis 2 Beta Is A Thing; Sign-Ups To Be Offered

• 59 results
Posted by BradNicholson (812 posts) -

It looks like Crytek plans to allow fans a chance to jump into Crysis 2 a little earlier than the gen pop. The game's official website, which is currently down for improvements, will be a place where you'll be able to sign up for an early-access beta, this according to a statement that CVG spotted earlier on the site. 

The message isn't specific about platforms, nor does it mention dates of this formally unannounced beta. The only significant takeaways are (a) that a beta is a thing that will happen, and (b) the earlier you sign up at the website, the more of a chance you'll get in scoring an invite to said beta. 

This Power Play Was Activated Way Too Late 
== TEASER == The statement in full:

Looking to get your hands on Crysis 2 early? Now is your chance! Early registrations will be tracked, and our first wave of users will have a chance to win a key as and when the Crysis 2 beta takes place. All you need to do is sign up early and one day in the near future you may be receiving a mail with an invite to the game.

1UP points out that the website will be up and in working order Sunday at 3:00 AM PST. So, if the beta sign-ups are to be offered tomorrow, and Crytek is serious about the whole "signing up early" thing, you might want to consider sampling some cocaine, the perfect cure for the droopy eye. I suppose you could also try to find something interesting to do until the wee hours of the morning. Your choice, really, but you only live once am I right? 

UPDATE:  It looks like the website is sorta up and running. GB user MrKlorox tells me he was able to load the page enough to register an account. Go nuts!
#1 Posted by BradNicholson (812 posts) -

It looks like Crytek plans to allow fans a chance to jump into Crysis 2 a little earlier than the gen pop. The game's official website, which is currently down for improvements, will be a place where you'll be able to sign up for an early-access beta, this according to a statement that CVG spotted earlier on the site. 

The message isn't specific about platforms, nor does it mention dates of this formally unannounced beta. The only significant takeaways are (a) that a beta is a thing that will happen, and (b) the earlier you sign up at the website, the more of a chance you'll get in scoring an invite to said beta. 

This Power Play Was Activated Way Too Late 
== TEASER == The statement in full:

Looking to get your hands on Crysis 2 early? Now is your chance! Early registrations will be tracked, and our first wave of users will have a chance to win a key as and when the Crysis 2 beta takes place. All you need to do is sign up early and one day in the near future you may be receiving a mail with an invite to the game.

1UP points out that the website will be up and in working order Sunday at 3:00 AM PST. So, if the beta sign-ups are to be offered tomorrow, and Crytek is serious about the whole "signing up early" thing, you might want to consider sampling some cocaine, the perfect cure for the droopy eye. I suppose you could also try to find something interesting to do until the wee hours of the morning. Your choice, really, but you only live once am I right? 

UPDATE:  It looks like the website is sorta up and running. GB user MrKlorox tells me he was able to load the page enough to register an account. Go nuts!
#2 Posted by ghettogabe224 (29 posts) -

CRYSIS

#3 Posted by Jethuty (1023 posts) -

Sunday at 3:00 AM PST

whats that in europe?

#4 Posted by SL33TBL1ND (545 posts) -

Darn, beaten.

#5 Posted by Landon (4164 posts) -

Is this for PC or consoles?

#6 Posted by TheCreamFilling (1203 posts) -

I'm not sure if I should be excited for Crysis on consoles. 

#7 Posted by Noodlearms (586 posts) -

Sexy.

#8 Posted by Cramsy (1177 posts) -

This should work nicely for my fancy Australian time zone

#9 Posted by Dedodido (235 posts) -
@Jethuty: It's 12PM if you're in the UK.
#10 Posted by jkz (4059 posts) -

Meh, 6am is only an hour later than my usual sleep time 

#11 Posted by sander_dutch (49 posts) -

So I have to be awake at 7pm?
I think I can manage.
Sign me up!

#12 Posted by Sil3n7 (1199 posts) -

Oh it's a thing is it?

#13 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5293 posts) -

I hope it's on PC. Then I can play a game that will take another 5 years to max out. Assuming it's not just a console port and they bring in the usual PC settings, i'm looking forward to see what this game looks like, even if it runs at 5 fps.

#14 Posted by ThePantheon (766 posts) -

Crysis is a single player experience, so uh, nah to the beta THX.

#15 Posted by Luck3ySe7en (240 posts) -
@Landon:  I thought reports said that Crytek was developing for PC, Xbox and PS3. I'm sure the beta will be a single multiplayer level like the original was.
#16 Posted by A_Wet_Shamwow (224 posts) -
looks like im staying up another 6 to 7 hours
#17 Posted by jim_dandy (891 posts) -

inb4 Hitman47 says stuff about graphics

#18 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -
@ThePantheon said:
" Crysis is a single player experience, so uh, nah to the beta THX. "
Since when?  Crysis has always had a very strong MP side.

Crysis when first released had a pretty good MP portion which had all the basic game modes, DM, TDM, LMS, CTF and so on.
Later, they released Crysis Wars in beta and it had vehicles, capture point and unlockable weapons. It became officially supported, bundled with Warhead and is also now sold separately.
#19 Posted by Milkman (17320 posts) -

I was never interested in Crysis multiplayer and definitely not interested enough to wake up at 6 AM on a Sunday.

#20 Posted by DystopiaX (5360 posts) -

I stay up until 5am central time all the fucking time. bring it on. hope it's for consoles too though...my PC can't even run portal at a stable frame rate, low settings.

#21 Posted by Meteora (5787 posts) -

Hopefully this will be on the 360 as well; though if it isn't then meh. If I get a key I'll probably just toss it to someone.

#22 Posted by jakob187 (21759 posts) -

Giant Bomb:  promoting the use of cocaine to ensure you get signed up for a beta early since 2010. 

= D

#23 Posted by T00MuchSteeze (157 posts) -

Eh, I'll be awake anyway. Might as well try to get on the list. Never played Crysis before. 

#24 Edited by mewarmo990 (838 posts) -

I'm really looking forward to seeing how the game will play in an urban environment, but betas are usually limited to multiplayer, which wasn't Crysis 1's strong suit (though not bad, by any means)

EDIT: It's 3AM, and the site's still down...

@Landon

said:

" Is this for PC or consoles? "

Read the article.
#25 Posted by BawlZINmotion (714 posts) -

3am is way too earlier to kill my computer.

#26 Posted by stephengotlost (703 posts) -

Don't advocate drug use.

#27 Posted by Kajaah117 (1070 posts) -
@stephengotlost said:
" Don't advocate drug use. "
#28 Posted by afrofools (1334 posts) -

If I had a gaming PC I'd try and get the beta, but at this stage I have no idea how long it will be before I get one.

#29 Posted by DystopiaX (5360 posts) -

LET'S GO SITE RELAUNCH!!!! 
where the fuck's the beta...lol

#30 Posted by Fogh (160 posts) -

Argh! It's not working
#31 Posted by NoDeath (798 posts) -

3am aaaaaaand... nothin'...

#32 Posted by mewarmo990 (838 posts) -

For those of you that are waiting for the site to come online, other news sources have revealed that it will happen at either 3AM or 12PM PST. I'm going to bed now.

#33 Posted by TheDuke (231 posts) -

now i feel like i wasted my time

#34 Edited by qlum (33 posts) -

used an addon to check every 15 seconds if something changes on the page so if it does I will know it
 7am pst now I don't think sunday 3 am pct is the correct time

#35 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -
@Noodlearms said:
" Sexy. "
Why yes, yes it is
#36 Posted by Vykrel (8 posts) -

i dunno about you guys, but even though i'm a bit irritated about the website not being relaunched yet, even though it should have been back up about 5 hours ago... i'm more upset by the fact that Crytek has not even had the courtesy to let us know what's going on. the least they could do is make a twitter post or SOMETHING. i mean, a lot of people wasted their time waiting for it to relaunch and some people are probably still waiting. personally, i have reached the assumption that they're not going to relaunch it anytime soon or will even let us know when they will, seeing as they haven't bothered to inform us, so far.

#37 Posted by theglobe88 (48 posts) -

Looks like the site is still down.

#38 Posted by karmaghost (169 posts) -

Hmm, it's now 9AM PST on Sunday and the website is still down.

#39 Posted by EndrzGame (323 posts) -

One o'clock central and still down. Guess it's back to Oblivion. =)

#40 Posted by Tiago (92 posts) -

Why are the cheap? They should be happy we want to test the game. Give Beta to everyone FFS!

#41 Edited by qlum (33 posts) -

now it gets site ofline
maybe it is 12pm pst after all

#42 Posted by NakAttack (1292 posts) -

still nothing

#43 Posted by qlum (33 posts) -

site is back online bot no sign of the beta

#44 Edited by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

new age gate... wasnt there 5 mins ago. taking forever to load now... maybe its up?

#47 Posted by phlegms (1607 posts) -

Keeps timing out for me anyways. Fuccck, would of loved to have got into the beta..

#48 Edited by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

I got the signup page to load half way also and I was able to enter my details and check the terms of use box. I clicked create then it wouldn't load. So i clicked try again and it keeps resubmitting my information. It eventually went though:

{ "status": "success", "title": "Activate Your Account", "body": "

Thank you for creating a MyCrysis account.

Before you can login, please check your email to confirm your registration.

", "close": "" }

You have the  Create Account  link. So if you can get it to part way load,  you can get an account if you keep trying. Now if I could only get the activation link to load. :( I keep getting a timeout or a 502 bad gateway

edit: finally it logged me in. now I can rest easy.
#49 Posted by Cirdain (3153 posts) -
@MrKlorox: I'm up to the validation bit for a long time now 

have you gotten through
#50 Edited by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -
@Cirdain:  Just now. When the page loaded it said I was already a member for 11 minutes. So I think the activation went though but it never forwarded me to the signed-in page until later attempts with the email activation link.

I wonder what member number I am.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.