Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Crysis 2

Game » consists of 37 releases. Released Mar 22, 2011

Set three years after the original Crysis, an ambushed Marine named Alcatraz dons the famous Nanosuit and fights his way through an obliterated New York City to stop the alien invasion.

No preload?

l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By l4wd0g

Is anyone else concerned that you can’t preload Crysis 2 on Steam? I’ve never bought a game that you can't preload on the Monday before the release.  Here’s to hoping it’s not totally FUBAR on the PC. 

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#2  Edited By alistercat

It's an EA game, and they have their own download service. Maybe they don't want to give steam customers an edge.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By mikemcn

Shogun 2 supposedly didn't let you preload either until like the day before release. I didn't bother to preload until like midnight the day of release so I can't say for sure. 

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By MrKlorox
    @AlisterCat said:
    " It's an EA game, and they have their own download service. Maybe they don't want to give steam customers an edge. "
    For the company that handles the console port manufacturing and distribution of Valve games, they sure do seem to like fighting Steam when it comes to PC releases.
    l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By l4wd0g
    @MrKlorox said:
    " @AlisterCat said:
    " It's an EA game, and they have their own download service. Maybe they don't want to give steam customers an edge. "
    For the company that handles the console port manufacturing and distribution of Valve games, they sure do seem to like fighting Steam when it comes to PC releases. "
    If they weren't putting it out on Steam, i probably wouldn't be buying it.

While Activision is in the spot light for being an awful company, EA is still a bastard. EA  just isn't as bad right now.
    Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Jadeskye
    @MrKlorox said:
    " @AlisterCat said:
    For the company that handles the console port manufacturing and distribution of Valve games, they sure do seem to like fighting Steam when it comes to PC releases. "
    I agree but thats the nature of EA, such a large company theres probably 2 people making the decisions and not talking to eachother. 

But the Sims is available on steam now, something i thought would never happen, maybe EA's realised their download service is complete trash.
    Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

According to a tweet by Direct2Drive, EA chose not to allow for pre-loading, I'm assuming that means across the board at this point.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.