Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Crysis 2

Game » consists of 37 releases. Released Mar 22, 2011

Set three years after the original Crysis, an ambushed Marine named Alcatraz dons the famous Nanosuit and fights his way through an obliterated New York City to stop the alien invasion.

Some Crysis 2 tech details released

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Geno
    http://www.pcgameshardware.de/aid,768480/Crysis-2-Alles-ueber-DirectX-11-3D-ohne-Leistungsverlust-und-8-Kern-Optimierung/Action-Spiel/Test/     

(Translated to English from German using Google Translate, forgive if there are errors in my interpretation) 

- At comparable graphics to Crysis 1, the frames per second will be roughly double 
    - Will use up to 8 CPU cores 
    - Will utilize DX11 (mainly compute shaders and tesselation) 
    - Will have more advanced effects such as ambient occlusion, motion blur, depth of field etc.   
    - 3D will be enabled by using depth information from the graphics card and cloning the frames; named "Screen Space Reprojection Stereo"
    - Most likely will use morphological antialiasing (MLAA). This allows better antialiasing for games that use deferred shading (which Crysis 2 does). It is also the same type of AA used in God of War 3.   
    - Higher texture resolution is hinted at, but not confirmed for the PC version. 
    - Console version to be 1280x720, 0xAA, 30fps w/ vysnc 
    Avatar image for captain_clayman
    captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By captain_clayman

yay faster framerates 
    yay dx11   
    yay multicore
    yay full 720p on consoles with 30 frames 

this is all good stuff!  i think at this point i'm far more excited for cryengine3  than i am for crysis itself.  i'm still gonna buy it though.

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

Good god 8 cores. I really can't wait to see what this thing looks like on a beefy PC.

Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By Driadon

I'm assuming by 8 cores, this also means it'll take full advantage of hyperthreading? 
    Either way: YAY for tesselation and double the frames. No more "Oh yeah, won't be able to max it out until 3 years of technology goes by"

Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Binman88

Wahey, something to finally utilise my i7 (hopefully) properly. Can't wait to play with the editor as well!

Three0neFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Three0neFive

- Console version to be 1280x720, 0xAA, 30fps w/ vysnc   

So basically my mother's 5 year-old Toshiba laptop will run it better than the consoles.

Sigh. Hurry the fuck up, 8th gen. :/
    Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Cold_Wolven

Quite impressive if all of it is true, especially double the fps from the first game. Cryengine 3 looks like it'll be the next best thing compared to the unreal engine 3, I do hope a lot of developers jump aboard to this engine as it looks fantastic and is optimised for consoles.
    Jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#8  Edited By Jazz

*Waits for Hitman to turn up*

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.