Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls II

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Mar 11, 2014

Blood, souls, and tears are continually spent as players traverse the land of Drangleic in FromSoftware's third entry in the Souls series.

Dark Souls II trailer at the VGA's, what do you want in a sequel?

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By ripelivejam

i love how i went 2 pages before the bitching about "DARK SOULS IS OVER" began :D

Commisar123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#152  Edited By Commisar123

@golguin: You know it's funny, I don't like Bayonetta XD.

envane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By envane

@eclipsesis: my main prob with giving people a choice of difficulty mode is that it will split the online base , well .. it should .. i wouldnt want to invade or be invaded by someone in easy mode , A. they would most likely accuse me of hacking because the mode theyve been playing has been too forgiving and they dont comprehend stamina or something like that. Aalso even if they weren't worse players they would have easier access to items etc .. (about as frustrating as bb glitch low level trolls)

If they didnt allow cross mode pvp , then they would be splitting the player base on day 1 , which is ridiculous , we want better matchmaking, not more convoluted and worse..

I am all for giving people the opportunity to play the game and see everything it has to offer , but part of what it has to offer is an ASS WHOOPING , and if you avoid that then the impact of certain things is diminished. It's harsh but ultimately , if your friend cant finish it then he just isnt up to the task, not everyone has to be able to finish the game , infact the less that can manage it the greater the reward for those that can. Thats in a nutshell what makes the souls franchsie so popular. Elitism ftw.

Deusx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#154  Edited By Deusx

@eclipsesis said:

@golguin said:

@Deusx said:

Areas and world design were fantastic. Note that I played the game before the patches "fixed" Lost Izalith so that the dino torsos didn't actually attack you and the Crystal Caves still had invisible bridges (no perma orange signs) that could be seen with the falling snow. Tomb of the Giants and New Londo Ruins trolled the player in amazing ways until you figured out what you needed to traverse those areas.

No easy mode ever. Only one game mode set to the true difficulty. If you want easy mode its called using humanity to get phantom buddies.

I'll give you testing to fix the lag and other player to player interactions that weren't necessarily a result of lag.

I honestly believe the negative reaction to a easy mode is Moronic. I have a friend he has only ever been good at one game in his entire life Fifa thats it, for reasons unknown his reactions just aren't suited to other games. Can't play competitive shooters, and can't play Dark souls which is a shame really because in his youth old schools RPG's were his niche. Why should difficulty get in the way of him playing this game, if he has paid for it, he has paid for the entire game not a portion, all of it. Yet the barrier still stands the difficulty gets in the way.

I have completed Dark souls and by all means undstand what it is that scares people about an easy mode. There truly is a sense of achievment to beating the game and certain bosses. But in no way would i think myself entitled to the game and others not just because they can't beat it as it is.

Here is a home truth i really like Street Fighter IV yet i stuck at it and i can't beat it on anything other than very easy, but i have a choice where as people not so good at dark souls don't.

You think games should appeal to everybody? That will always limit your creative output. Dark Souls doesn't need to appeal your friend, if he can't play then too fucking bad. I could continue for fucking MONTHS about this BUT, I will not. I will just leave this here for you:

@envane said:

@Deusx: uhg .. you just described every metroidvania game .... dark souls does that competently but it really succeeds at creating atmosphere and a sense of awe or dread while exploring that kind of level structure.. ash lake is a very simple area , but its still my favorite due to the mysterious atmosphere and the sheer out of the way-ness of it heh.

You could name a bunch of metroidvania games that have GREAT level design? Are you telling me I'm wrong without giving actual criticism? I'm confused.

envane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By envane

@Deusx said:

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

@Deusx: I get you love the game but best level design ever? You got to be kidding me.

Can you show me a better example? Do it. Dark Souls is basically one huge level divided in little zones connected by shortcuts and secret areas. It is genius.

i was referring to this , i guess i should have quoted it to begin with.. i was not entirely arguing with you , i just felt that you missed the point of how dark souls actually succeeded over other games with the same exact kind of level structure.

The huge level divided into zones and shortcuts is a thing that occurs in many many games, so many that i cannot begin to name all the games ,so thats why i use the metroidvania catchall.

i dunno i guess i just think its naive to say that this is the pinnacle of level design , im a souls whore for life tho so i could see myself saying the same thing in some other context.

edit:ok i thought of one game , la mulana .

Silver-Streak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#156  Edited By Silver-Streak

The only real big things I want:

I want to be able to join up with my friends when I want to, and not have to go through random hoops.

That being said, I'd almost want them to go back to Demon's Souls style, because I don't want to lose the random helper/volunteer/etc community. At least with Demon's Souls you could coordinate enough to meet up with your friends, and still get random people. If they made it a pure invite/join game scenario you'd probably lose that community

Deusx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By Deusx

@envane said:

@Deusx said:

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

@Deusx: I get you love the game but best level design ever? You got to be kidding me.

Can you show me a better example? Do it. Dark Souls is basically one huge level divided in little zones connected by shortcuts and secret areas. It is genius.

i was referring to this , i guess i should have quoted it to begin with.. i was not entirely arguing with you , i just felt that you missed the point of how dark souls actually succeeded over other games with the same exact kind of level structure.

The huge level divided into zones and shortcuts is a thing that occurs in many many games, so many that i cannot begin to name all the games ,so thats why i use the metroidvania catchall.

i dunno i guess i just think its naive to say that this is the pinnacle of level design , im a souls whore for life tho so i could see myself saying the same thing in some other context.

edit:ok i thought of one game , la mulana .

You're right on that, it is naive to say that Dark Souls is the pinnacle of level design, hey, of any design. That said, no one can deny that it has some incredible amount of detail and thought put into it. It has, by far, one of the best level designs I have ever seen. It's one of the many reasons I think Dark Souls is the best game ever created, both from a design point of view and my own personal sensibilities. I understand people that don't think that way though. To each their own, I guess.

Sanious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By Sanious

@eclipsesis said:

I honestly believe the negative reaction to a easy mode is Moronic. I have a friend he has only ever been good at one game in his entire life Fifa thats it, for reasons unknown his reactions just aren't suited to other games. Can't play competitive shooters, and can't play Dark souls which is a shame really because in his youth old schools RPG's were his niche. Why should difficulty get in the way of him playing this game, if he has paid for it, he has paid for the entire game not a portion, all of it. Yet the barrier still stands the difficulty gets in the way.

I have completed Dark souls and by all means undstand what it is that scares people about an easy mode. There truly is a sense of achievment to beating the game and certain bosses. But in no way would i think myself entitled to the game and others not just because they can't beat it as it is.

Here is a home truth i really like Street Fighter IV yet i stuck at it and i can't beat it on anything other than very easy, but i have a choice where as people not so good at dark souls don't.

I don't think the negative reaction to an easy mode is moronic at all. This game has a learning curve and it isn't meant for everyone. There are plenty of other games out there that cater to your friend. There are tools in this game that make the game easier. If you level your character up a certain way and wear certain armor, use certain weapons, these things make the game easier.

As for the whole entitlement part, why is not ok for fans of the game to feel "entitled" about the difficulty? But it is ok for someone else to feel entitled enough where games should cater to them and become easier for them? Just because they really don't want to try, don't want to adapt and learn a game or they're just generally not good at a game.

Twiggy199

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By Twiggy199

Seems to me that most of the people posting in this thread don't have a clue what souls, as a game, is all about.

"Make it control better" i say, fuck you, you don't know what you're talking about.

"Better level design", fuck you, you don't know what you're talking about.

"I want to be able to play with my friends when i want, where-ever i want", fuck you, you don't know what you're talking about.

"Make it easier", Why the fuck would they put in an easy mode when there last version of the game (correct me if i'm wrong) was called PREPARE TO DIE EDITION!.

If you didn't like any of the above then why the hell are you talking about, fuck me, even THINKING about this sequel!.

Morbid_Coffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By Morbid_Coffee

There were things that were better than others in PVP, but everybody who says it was unbalanced or cheap and only about running behind guys for backstabs is totally forgetting what Dark Souls PVP was actually like.

envane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By envane

@Morbid_Coffee: ahh that gif :)

Twiggy199

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By Twiggy199

@Morbid_Coffee: That has to be the best Gif i've ever seen.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By Sterling

@Twiggy199 said:

Seems to me that most of the people posting in this thread don't have a clue what souls, as a game, is all about.

"Make it control better" i say, fuck you, you don't know what you're talking about.

"Better level design", fuck you, you don't know what you're talking about.

"I want to be able to play with my friends when i want, where-ever i want", fuck you, you don't know what you're talking about.

"Make it easier", Why the fuck would they put in an easy mode when there last version of the game (correct me if i'm wrong) was called PREPARE TO DIE EDITION!.

If you didn't like any of the above then why the hell are you talking about, fuck me, even THINKING about this sequel!.

I think I love you.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#164  Edited By golguin

@Morbid_Coffee said:

There were things that were better than others in PVP, but everybody who says it was unbalanced or cheap and only about running behind guys for backstabs is totally forgetting what Dark Souls PVP was actually like.

Why is this the first time I've seen that? That is the true Dark Souls PVP.

fugie7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#165  Edited By fugie7

more larges monster bosses!

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#166  Edited By jakob187

I want to fucking die...

...a lot.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#167  Edited By ArtisanBreads

A lot of people are complaining about making it "accessible" and all that. All I need is the ability to save anywhere. That's it.

I like challenging games. I love Ninja Gaiden. But I like being able to pick up right where I messed up and get another shot.

The combat, levels, everything else I really enjoy.

Avatar image for deactivated-594edfbbc45ca
    deactivated-594edfbbc45ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ArtisanBreads said:

A lot of people are complaining about making it "accessible" and all that. All I need is the ability to save anywhere. That's it.

I like challenging games. I love Ninja Gaiden. But I like being able to pick up right where I messed up and get another shot.

You can totally do that! just go on exit game and it'll save and the next time you come on your'll be in the exact same place, and the world will be in the same state as you left it.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@Agent47CSim2 said:

@ArtisanBreads said:

You can totally do that! just go on exit game and it'll save and the next time you come on your'll be in the exact same place, and the world will be in the same state as you left it.

That's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about when I die.

mrpandaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#170  Edited By mrpandaman

@Breadfan said:

Misery.

This.

Lysergica33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By Lysergica33

Honestly I just can't wait for more. I trust in From Software to deliver. Dark Souls is a masterpiece and my single favourite game of all time. No other game strikes me as being such a pure distillation of everything that is great about gaming as an interactive medium, so I just want more of it. I don't think they're going to go make Dark Souls 2 any easier, not by a long shot, and I don't see what would be so bad about them adding more of an actual palpable plot to the game either. A few more story beats aren't going to fuck anything up, and I think would probably serve to let them tell a different, maybe more intimate tale. The trailer even hints at that, and that could make for a really interesting take on the Souls formula. Using love as a theme in a game as cold and dark as the Souls games could make for some really powerful story-telling, and I'm totally up for that.

That and talk of the improved netcode, maybe they'll even actually work on some form of anti-cheat protection this time too?

Either way, I'm totally stoked.

Terramagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By Terramagi

@ArtisanBreads said:

@Agent47CSim2 said:

@ArtisanBreads said:

I don't think you understand one of the core facets of the Souls series.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@Terramagi said:

@ArtisanBreads said:

@Agent47CSim2 said:

@ArtisanBreads said:

I think I understand it. I don't think I like it very much.

The point is it could be added in a separate mode at no cost and make me enjoy the games.

Terramagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By Terramagi

@ArtisanBreads said:

@Terramagi said:

@ArtisanBreads said:

@Agent47CSim2 said:

@ArtisanBreads said:

I think I understand it. I don't think I like it very much.

The point is it could be added in a separate mode at no cost and make me enjoy the games.

If you actually think compromising the systems and, subsequently, atmosphere of a Souls game comes at "no cost", you're not the kind of person who should be playing these games.

This isn't some niche game. I think FROM'll do fine without the CoD audience.

nights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By nights

In an ideal world, if all they did was throw in an "easy-mode" and call it day, I wouldn't take any issue with it (though, it might segregate the online community). It's more a case of what might be sacrificed in order to cater to a wider audience, if that's even what their goal is. I've seen it happen countless times over the years. The entire Tom Clancy lineup is a perfect example of franchises being dumbed-down in order to maximize profit. Will the design philosophy change? Will mechanics be altered in a way that affects the core gameplay? It's always a bit disconcerting whenever I see words like, "accessible," and "straightforward." I'll be well and truly scared if they come out with lines such as, "Both old and new fans will enjoy this game!" We'll see, it's obviously all speculation at this point.

I'll just leave this here. http://i.imgur.com/Rpnlc.jpg

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
    deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IRON SIGHTS

KILLSTREAKS

EASY MODE

MORE LINEAR GAMEPLAY

UNLOCKS

HAM SANDWICH

arch4non

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By arch4non

They could easily make Dark Souls "more accessible" without ruining the core experience by simply improving the introductory tutorial. While I didn't have any problems with it and went on to S-Rank the game, I'm willing to concede that the introduction was balls and did a poor job of teaching you how to play the game. I never really got the hang of backstabbing until late in the game, and it wasn't until a few NG+ runs did I get parrying down. I probably would have been a lot better off if I was actually taught how to use those abilities.

Moblin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By Moblin

Am i the only one who liked Tomb of the Giants? A pitch black level and all you see is the eye's until you get your lantern. I thought it was awesome!

uniform

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By uniform
    @Tru3_Blu3 said:

IRON SIGHTS

KILLSTREAKS

EASY MODE

MORE LINEAR GAMEPLAY

UNLOCKS

HAM SANDWICH

JETPACKS
    Lysergica33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By Lysergica33

@rebgav said:

@Lysergica33 said:

I don't see what would be so bad about them adding more of an actual palpable plot to the game either. A few more story beats aren't going to fuck anything up, and I think would probably serve to let them tell a different, maybe more intimate tale. The trailer even hints at that, and that could make for a really interesting take on the Souls formula.

Has the director ever worked on a game with a strong story? I haven't played Resident Evil: Outbreak or the Monster Hunter series but I don't recall anyone raving about the great plots and storytelling in those games.

I haven't played either of those games myself, but I heard good things about the Outbreak games. But still, I have faith that it'll be a cool game. It will be different, sure. I think this first trailer spells out that the direction is going to have a very different feeling to it, but you know what? I'm cool with that. It'll be interesting to see the world of Dark Souls through a different set of eyes. While I love Miyazaki's direction in the previous Souls games his moving to a surpervisory role, whatever the hell that actually means in practice, may not actually be the end of Souls as we know it.

Avatar image for siroptimusprime
    SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#181  Edited By SirOptimusPrime

@Tru3_Blu3 said:

IRON SIGHTS

KILLSTREAKS

EASY MODE

MORE LINEAR GAMEPLAY

UNLOCKS

HAM SANDWICH

TOP TEN DARK SOULS II CHANGES GO!

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By HerbieBug

@arch4non said:

They could easily make Dark Souls "more accessible" without ruining the core experience by simply improving the introductory tutorial. While I didn't have any problems with it and went on to S-Rank the game, I'm willing to concede that the introduction was balls and did a poor job of teaching you how to play the game. I never really got the hang of backstabbing until late in the game, and it wasn't until a few NG+ runs did I get parrying down. I probably would have been a lot better off if I was actually taught how to use those abilities.

I think making a nod to accessibility without harming the integrity of the gameplay would be a fairly simple proposition. Ninja Gaiden Black's "Ninja Dog" mode is something they could take inspiration from. Same game, same enemy AI and HP, only you get extra items to help you along the way. It's kid's gloves mode, pretty much. I believe Ninja Dog mode to be one of the best ways of doing an easy mode in a traditionally difficult game.

Even something as simple as; easy mode = the game checkpoints you at the start of all boss fights, with no other changes, would work.

Whatever they do, I think a couple difficulty setting options would solve any accessibility problems the earlier games may have had quick and easy like. Also, hiring a halfway competent localization team to do the translation couldn't hurt.

Morbid_Coffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By Morbid_Coffee

@uniform said:

@Tru3_Blu3 said:

IRON SIGHTS

KILLSTREAKS

EASY MODE

MORE LINEAR GAMEPLAY

UNLOCKS

HAM SANDWICH

JETPACKS

GRAPPLING HOOKS

EXPLOSIONS

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#184  Edited By buft

If the action plays as fluidly as that of the trailer i'll be down for some more and as much as i loved the original game, skillful doesn't have to be slow and lumbering and even if it is i wish combat felt better, it just felt too janky for my liking

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Morbid_Coffee said:

@uniform said:

@Tru3_Blu3 said:

IRON SIGHTS

KILLSTREAKS

EASY MODE

MORE LINEAR GAMEPLAY

UNLOCKS

HAM SANDWICH

JETPACKS

GRAPPLING HOOKS

EXPLOSIONS

Regen health and Capt. Price complete with "Follow" tag above head.

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By MiniPato

@Colourful_Hippie said:

@Morbid_Coffee said:

@uniform said:

@Tru3_Blu3 said:

IRON SIGHTS

KILLSTREAKS

EASY MODE

MORE LINEAR GAMEPLAY

UNLOCKS

HAM SANDWICH

JETPACKS

GRAPPLING HOOKS

EXPLOSIONS

Rename "New Game+" to "Prestige"

Souls are CoD Points

Morbid_Coffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By Morbid_Coffee

@MiniPato said:

@Colourful_Hippie said:

@Morbid_Coffee said:

@uniform said:

@Tru3_Blu3 said:

IRON SIGHTS

KILLSTREAKS

EASY MODE

MORE LINEAR GAMEPLAY

UNLOCKS

HAM SANDWICH

JETPACKS

GRAPPLING HOOKS

EXPLOSIONS

Souls are CoD Points

Extra Humanity under every Mountain Dew bottle cap.

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By MiniPato

@Morbid_Coffee said:

@MiniPato said:

@Colourful_Hippie said:

@Morbid_Coffee said:

@uniform said:

@Tru3_Blu3 said:

IRON SIGHTS

KILLSTREAKS

EASY MODE

MORE LINEAR GAMEPLAY

UNLOCKS

HAM SANDWICH

JETPACKS

GRAPPLING HOOKS

EXPLOSIONS

Souls are CoD Points

Extra Humanity under every Mountain Dew bottle cap.

Nah, you get humanity every time you rank up, which is different from your soul level that you level up through CoD points. You rank up through exp and you get double exp for 30 seconds with every bottle of Mountain Dew. They can't just give you humanity.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#189  Edited By golguin

@arch4non said:

I think it was the same with the majority of people. The BS introduction for me was the troll monster things in the shortcut area to blight town. Those guys had a huge BS hitbox and just stood there yelling at you. It was the game begging you to BS them.

Parrying is an advanced move that can't really be taught by the game since every monster and weapons essentially has a different parry window. I myself didn't really learn it until the patch downgraded the BS damage and I knew people weren't constantly fishing for a OHKO.

arch4non

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By arch4non

@HerbieBug said:

@arch4non said:

I think making a nod to accessibility without harming the integrity of the gameplay would be a fairly simple proposition. Ninja Gaiden Black's "Ninja Dog" mode is something they could take inspiration from. Same game, same enemy AI and HP, only you get extra items to help you along the way. It's kid's gloves mode, pretty much. I believe Ninja Dog mode to be one of the best ways of doing an easy mode in a traditionally difficult game.

Even something as simple as; easy mode = the game checkpoints you at the start of all boss fights, with no other changes, would work.

Whatever they do, I think a couple difficulty setting options would solve any accessibility problems the earlier games may have had quick and easy like. Also, hiring a halfway competent localization team to do the translation couldn't hurt.

I think adding an easy mode, or any sort of difficult setting, would ruin Dark Souls. Difficulty modes are the antithesis of what Dark Souls is and according to interviews they've thankfully shunned the idea of having them in the game.

Dark Souls is about that sense of achievement you feel when overcoming an obstacle. Part of that sense comes from knowing there isn't just some easy shortcut. There are no cheat codes to bypass the game's content just as there isn't an easy mode to breeze on through it. You must rely on your own strength, persistence, and ingenuity to make it through the game, and if you're really in dire straits you can always summon assistance.

Really, if a game truly requires an easy mode then it is poorly designed. In the case of Dark Souls I strongly feel this is not the case, the problem instead being inexperienced players are not adequately taught how to control their character.

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By HerbieBug

Having a lesser difficulty in a game hurts nothing. It only allows less dedicated players to see all the hard work the developers put in on designing content that they otherwise wouldn't have seen. Is this year's XCOM "ruined" by having an easy setting? Absolutely not. Nor does its presence take anything away from the accomplishments of the people who manage to beat it on impossible-ironman. Settle down.

Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By Solh0und

I should probably get back into Dark Souls again, shouldn't I?

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Making it a direct sequel to Dark Souls, or at least a new story in the same universe, is both exciting and problematic.

Basically, they will ruin all Dark Souls ever or make the greatest game of all time.

Again.

Ashler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By Ashler

There is a petition going around to bring Dark Souls II to the WiiU: http://www.change.org/petitions/dark-souls-ii-for-the-nintendo-wiiu

Can't hurt, It worked for the PC version of Dark Souls.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By JZ

I trust From software because they make the games they want and if you don't like it, fuck off. Anyone that wants an easy mode should stop playing souls games or grow a pair. The games aren't even hard, just don't play it like god of war.

Sanious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By Sanious

@HerbieBug said:

Having a lesser difficulty in a game hurts nothing. It only allows less dedicated players to see all the hard work the developers put in on designing content that they otherwise wouldn't have seen. Is this year's XCOM "ruined" by having an easy setting? Absolutely not. Nor does its presence take anything away from the accomplishments of the people who manage to beat it on impossible-ironman. Settle down.

It most definitely does hurt others.

Pretty great video on explaining why if you actually feel like listening to the whole thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b91BWzLigs

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#197  Edited By jacksukeru

I want a new universe, doesn't matter if some of the concepts from Dark Souls 1 carry over, such as bonfires or you being Undead, I want them to abandon all lore of that universe and start anew. If they don't, then that's fine so long as they properly expand the lore rather than leaning too hard on the old stuff.

Less predictable enemy AI, make it harder to bait attacks or run from at least some of the enemies.

Keep parry, limit backstab to certain weapons, not sure if this would work out well but I'd like to see it.

I also want it to be prettier, doesn't have to be by a lot. I just want to see some particle effects and some fog in places to thicken the atmosphere somewhat.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By Rafaelfc

Everyone that complains that people that want an easy mode are close minded are being as close minded if not more. The onus is on the developer to make a meaningful experience out of the easy mode and to not cheapen the game for everyone else.

I personally don't want an easy mode, but it's not the end of the world possibility people make it out to be. At least it isn't as bad in theory, guess we'll have to wait and see.

Terramagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By Terramagi

@Rafaelfc said:

Everyone that complains that people that want an easy mode are close minded are being as close minded if not more. The onus is on the developer to make a meaningful experience out of the easy mode and to not cheapen the game for everyone else.

I personally don't want an easy mode, but it's not the end of the world possibility people make it out to be. At least it isn't as bad in theory, guess we'll have to wait and see.

Yeah, how dare we want to keep the unique game we enjoy good so that you might enjoy it.

It's not like there's a long list of precedents of this exact thing causing games to turn to complete shit.

Man, we are so fucking close-minded and entitled wanting to preserve this nature habitat. Let's just bulldoze it and build a fucking Target that everybody can enjoy.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By Rafaelfc

@Terramagi said:

@Rafaelfc said:

Yeah, how dare we want to keep the unique game we enjoy good so that you might enjoy it.

It's not like there's a long list of precedents of this exact thing causing games to turn to complete shit.

Man, we are so fucking close-minded and entitled wanting to preserve this nature habitat. Let's just bulldoze it and build a fucking Target that everybody can enjoy.

This is just trolling, but hey here's a response anyways.

It's not like they are patching in an easy mode on Dark Souls. That game is what it is.

They are making a new game (both Dark Souls 2 or Miyazaki's next game) and that game may in fact warrant a difficulty selector, as it could be going for a different kind of experience than Dark Souls.

And no there is not a long list of precedents as far as From Software is concerned, it's not like they were bought by EA, so chill the fuck out.

Bottom line is I trust From Software to do what is best for their game and to keep making awesome games, but not the same game over and over. People didn't know they wanted a Souls like game until From Software came along with Demon's Souls. Who's to say they can't make another game that people don't know they want? I would prefer that than having Dark Souls 3000: even souler

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.