Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls II

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Mar 11, 2014

Blood, souls, and tears are continually spent as players traverse the land of Drangleic in FromSoftware's third entry in the Souls series.

Dark Souls II trailer at the VGA's, what do you want in a sequel?

Avatar image for bobby_the_great
    Bobby_The_Great

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Bobby_The_Great

Well, my dream has come true: Dark Souls II has been revealed.

Honestly, From Software has done no wrong (aside from a semi-shoddy PC port which I imagine will get better this time around), but aside from that, what would you like to see added?

Given the trailer, it kind of looks like it might have more a centralized story, which I'm all for, but as long as it has the same dungeon crawl, combat, and difficulty, I'll be happy.

EDIT: Dang, the video got removed. I'll find another one.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By laserbolts

More dark souls is all I want.

gazel_ministry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By gazel_ministry

Better netcode for invasions/summoning. Aside from that I'll be happy with just more Dark Souls.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Sterling

Ugh, what was that. That trailer was not a Souls game, it looked like Dragons Dogma II. If not for it saying Dark Souls II, I would have gone on assuming it was Dragons Dogam II.

Dammit From, don't change the formula to appeal to more people. You will ruin it, and we wont want it anymore.

NoobSauceG7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By NoobSauceG7

I WANT DARK SOULS 2!

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By breadfan

Misery.

bushpusherr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By bushpusherr

@Gazel_Ministry said:

Better netcode for invasions/summoning. Aside from that I'll be happy with just more Dark Souls.

This. Multiplayer was totally busted. I never had an encounter where lag didn't totally fuck it up.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Turambar

That was a shitty trailer...

I wouldn't mind having dual wielding weapons be an actually viable option though.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By JZ

That trailer was fuckin terrible but more of the best game ever quite welcomed.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10  Edited By Seppli

*Seek thou soul power?*

I do.

shiftymagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By shiftymagician

A better PC version for sure. After using the fix I am definitely enjoying it via a controller but they need to step up their efforts for this next game. They should have learnt a lot from their first go around, but now there's less excuse for a bad port. Hell hire the guy who did that fix to solve the majority of that game's graphics problems and then that game's sequel will be good to go as far as I'm concerned. No GFWL would be a plus but I can manage if it's still used.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Oldirtybearon

I'd like to see a less obtuse story. While the story was kinda there in Dark Souls, I'd like to see the sequel really lean into the fascinating world they've built.

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SlightConfuse

DRAGONS

Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SuperWristBands

@oulzac said:

Ugh, what was that. That trailer was not a Souls game, it looked like Dragons Dogma II. If not for it saying Dark Souls II, I would have gone on assuming it was Dragons Dogam II.

Dammit From, don't change the formula to appeal to more people. You will ruin it, and we wont want it anymore.

really? That trailer looked like nothing but Dark Souls to me. I mean, he is crawling through caves with only a torch lighting his way and almost always alone, as well as getting his ass handed to him. That is Dark Souls to me.

DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By DoctorWelch

Please, GOD, let the multiplayer not be fucked as shit.

Otherwise, this is one of those moments when a game gets announced and I actually get chills and am foaming at the mouth to play it. It's not often, and I honestly don't remember the last time it happened, but I am extremely excited for this game unlike most others.

Terramagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Terramagi

For comparison, here's the Dark Souls trailer

Also, though perhaps not relevant, something more in... tune, with the new trailer.

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ThunderSlash

That trailer isn't that depressing for a Souls trailer. After the end of Dark Souls, I kinda felt that we knew everything about Lordran. Perhaps this game will allow you to go to the other lands like Carim or the swamp. That'll be cool.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Rafaelfc

Looks awesome!

All I could really ask of a sequel is an even more expansive world and weirder places to explore. I love the "OMG THIS PLACE IS FUCKED" first impression you get from some of the areas in Dark Souls.

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx

I'm just gonna say it

This years VGAs have been loud and fun. This has been a solid award show.

shiftymagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By shiftymagician

@SuperWristBands said:

@oulzac said:

really? That trailer looked like nothing but Dark Souls to me. I mean, he is crawling through caves with only a torch lighting his way and almost always alone, as well as getting his ass handed to him. That is Dark Souls to me.

Not to mention the classic shot of a knight that looks tired, holding onto his sword in a dark area. That gave me the first solid hint that it was a new Dark Souls game.

envane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By envane

fuck yeah , this trailer was epic , music was great, let the lore speculation begin. the ppl with white masks actually look like they could be related to the soul society from demon's souls .. at least thats the impression they gave me. also some people mention it looks like a prequel, i think its the opposite , in a post bonfire world perhaps.

and did anyone see the initial trailer for dark souls? it was pretty nondescript too..

murisan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By murisan

That looked great to me. The knight falling to his knees, peppered with arrows.. that's Dark Souls.

bushpusherr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By bushpusherr

The announcement is all that matters here. Trying to speculate about anything else at this point is futile (especially those worrying about them messing with the formula? what are you even basing that on?). Wait for some actual details and some in-game representation.

Joeyoe31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Joeyoe31

Don't know how to feel. I don't know. Doesn't have the magic that seeing the first Dark Souls trailer had. I'm definitely interested though.

9999dmg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By 9999dmg

The son of Solaire of Astora, praise the Son!

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Ares42

I would love to see it open up even more (even Dark souls is pretty "corridory"), also better bossfights and a few more combat options.

OneManX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27  Edited By OneManX

Looks good, but Dark Souls 2? No new name...?

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#28  Edited By Seppli

I loved how the trailer kept me guessing... until I saw that one-eyed dragon. Then I knew.

...and that's what she said too. *zing*

Cramsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#29  Edited By Cramsy

Chills all over my body. You could just tell by the body language of the knight that he had been through some shit. Check out how he cowers when the dragon blasts him. None of this fancy invincible hero bullshit

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#30  Edited By Hailinel

@OneManX said:

The only reason the name was changed the first time was because Sony owns the Demon's Souls name.

The_Ruiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By The_Ruiner

@oulzac said:

The moment I saw it I went..."Is this Dark Souls?"

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Zeik

@Hailinel said:

@OneManX said:

The only reason the name was changed the first time was because Sony owns the Demon's Souls name.

Dark Souls was also set in a completely new world. My guess is that this one isn't going to be, which to be honest is a little disappointing.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#33  Edited By musubi

@ShiftyMagician said:

@SuperWristBands said:

@oulzac said:

Not to mention the classic shot of a knight that looks tired, holding onto his sword in a dark area. That gave me the first solid hint that it was a new Dark Souls game.

Looked like a souls game to me. Just looks like they finally have a bigger budget this time around which is fantastic.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Ares42

@Zeik: Again, it's all a copyright issue. I've very recently played through Demon's Souls (after enjoying Dark Souls PC release) and it's pretty obvious they just remade Demon's Souls with Dark Souls, just better and with a "new" IP. You can even directly correlate things like levels, enemies and items.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Turambar

@Zeik said:

@Hailinel said:

@OneManX said:

Dark Souls was also set in a completely new world. My guess is that this one isn't going to be, which to be honest is a little disappointing.

I can think of no reason to assume it won't be. I'd bet that it is.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Zeik

@Ares42 said:

@Zeik: Again, it's all a copyright issue. I've very recently played through Demon's Souls (after enjoying Dark Souls PC release) and it's pretty obvious they just remade Demon's Souls with Dark Souls, just better and with a "new" IP. You can even directly correlate things like levels, enemies and items.

I never said copyright wasn't an issue. My point was that even if there was no copyright issue they would have likely still called it something other than "Demon's Souls 2" since it's not set in the Demon's Souls world. The fact that this is being called Dark Souls 2 and not "Something-else Souls" is very strong indicator this is being set in the same world as Dark Souls.

Juno500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Juno500

I'm curious about where they take it from here. Dark Souls was pretty much the best game it could possibly be in my opinion. Outside of small changes, it feels like there's no room for improvement.

I'm more than willing to be proven wrong, though, so I'm hardly going to criticize this game. Maybe they'll outdo themselves, and even if this ends up being only more of the same, I won't complain too much.

VisariLoyalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#38  Edited By VisariLoyalist

trailer not running

YI_Orange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#39  Edited By YI_Orange

For anyone who wants to see it, if you go to the official site for the VGAs the trailer is around 47 minutes in. I would have liked to see more, but more souls has me excited regardless.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#40  Edited By Marz

A somewhat decent PC port.  

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#41  Edited By TheHT

Furtive pygmy?

nights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By nights

@Juno500 said:

I'm curious about where they take it from here. Dark Souls was pretty much the best game it could possibly be in my opinion. Outside of small changes, it feels like there's no room for improvement.

I'm more than willing to be proven wrong, though, so I'm hardly going to criticize this game. Maybe they'll outdo themselves, and even if this ends up being only more of the same, I won't complain too much.

My thoughts as well, but god damn if I'm not excited!

kevino13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By kevino13

A good PC port from the start. Playing it now is fine, but the initial reaction to it was disheartening, to say the least. Honestly, all they need is more Dark souls, with a better netcode, and I'm golden. Especially if they can continue the trend of fantastic characters. Siegfried's daughter, maybe an older Solaire, etc. Or perhaps, Solaire should just be a legend, and the sun covenant has statues dedicated to his glorious image.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Ares42

@Zeik: I think you're wrong. It's pretty clear to me that if it wasn't for the trademark issues they would've called Dark Souls Demon's Souls 2 and put it in the same world. It's pretty damn obvious that they're using the same exact concepts just labeling them differently to avoid legal issues. It all came out to their advantage though, as with the rebranding they were able to make an upgraded version of the same game. Hopefully they have more in the tank though, and aren't just making Demon's Souls v1.3.

Kerned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Kerned

Is it more Dark Souls? Great.

I don't give a single shit about anything other than that. I will buy this day one, guaranteed. If it's on next-gen systems, it just sold me one on launch day.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Zeik

I honestly doubt that the licensing issues really had anything to do with the fact that Dark Souls was so similar to Demon's Souls. Even if they had made Demon's Souls 2 I'm sure it would have been much like an upgraded version of Demon's Souls and not some drastic departure. There was nothing holding them back from doing more if they had wanted to.

I do kind of hope I'm wrong, but I'm like 90% sure this game is going to be what Dark Souls was to Demon's Souls.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#47  Edited By TheHT

@Kevino13: Fuckin bring back the Maiden in Black! Although I guess her coming would herald the coming of the Old One, so that probably won't happen... also Sony.

BlatantNinja23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By BlatantNinja23

it needs to control well... Make it a great game that's hard... not a sub par games with iffy mechanics that help makes it hard

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By MezZa

I can't really think of much in particular. Give me stuff to die to in horrific ways repeatedly until I eventually overcome it, and I'll be happy. Looks like they have more a budget behind it this time if I'm judging based on just one trailer.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#50  Edited By TobbRobb

I want, good PC port on release. I want good netcode and I want it to be more of the same.

Yeah you heard me, don't fix what ain't broken. I wouldn't even mind if it looked the same, though graphical improvements are more than welcome.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.