Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

I have to hand it to IGN's 24 hour Dark Souls marathon.

• 63 results
    coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By coakroach

Good for them trying to make some engaging content.

Godak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Godak

@Vashyron said:

@Godak said:

I tuned in for the last four hours. I know they were up for twenty hours, but...a certain encounter was giving them tons of trouble, and they just could not see the pattern! They have a valid excuse, I know, but...uber frustrating on this end.

Talking about the fight with the gold guys at then end?

Yup, Fatboy Slim. XD

@CenturionCajun said:

They probably would have gotten it eventually but just ran out of time. It was a combination of them being extremely tired, several new people coming in who didn't know the fight, and just running out of time. As I've said before the first twelve hours or so before I had to sleep were amazing. They plowed through about half a dozen bosses with few deaths.

I do not doubt it. It would be nice if they broke the entire run down into smaller pieces. I rather liked the majority of the people who were talking. Lame jokes were made, but that just added to the charm.

Lukin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By Lukin

Why can't we all just get along......

I thought it was quite good, I think Giant Bomb is quietly leading a revolution in Game website coverage. Watching this reminded me of some TNT's or other such videos here

Fair fucks to that Casey fellow for going the full 24 hours as well, whatever you think about his personality

Questionable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By Questionable

Anyone know what afflicted them by a curse at the very end of the marathon that caused them to hit for 5-13 damage instead of mid 40 range?

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#55  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

@Fattony12000 said:

@RockinKemosabe said:

We all know the true marathoner is the one and only Greg Kasavin when he did the Oblivion marathon and had to stop only because the fire alarm went off.

I've been looking for an archived/ripped/stolen video of that whole thing. I've only ever seen the 15 minute highlights thing, surely someone must have captured and preserved a piece of the Greg?

What's it going to take to get Greg in to do a 24-hour Skyrim marathon? I'd pay to see something like that...wait, I'm already paying...

figurehead00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By figurehead00

I'm not a huge fan of IGN, but I thought Keza MacDonald's Dark Souls review was really well done.

doe3879

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By doe3879
    @Chaser324@figurehead00 said:

I'm not a huge fan of IGN, bu

@Chaser324 said:

@Fattony12000 said:

@RockinKemosabe said:

We all know the true marathoner is the one and only Greg Kasavin when he did the Oblivion marathon and had to stop only because the fire alarm went off.

I've been looking for an archived/ripped/stolen video of that whole thing. I've only ever seen the 15 minute highlights thing, surely someone must have captured and preserved a piece of the Greg?

What's it going to take to get Greg in to do a 24-hour Skyrim marathon? I'd pay to see something like that...wait, I'm already paying...

Greg doesn't work for whiskey media : (

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#58  Edited By CenturionCajun

@doe3879:I think he meant he was also paying for IGN Prime.

@Fattony12000: On the most recent Podcast Unlocked Casey said at the moment they are trying to edit the marathon down into smaller segments. Whether this means the entire thing will be available in snippets or we'll just get highlights I don't know. Something is coming though.

Thor_Molecules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Thor_Molecules

I didn't like the way they were playing, and found Keza quite annoying, but they did manage to get some much needed buzz around Dark Souls on that site, with numerous articles and features.

Pretty neat.

swoxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#60  Edited By swoxx

@bcjohnnie said:

I think it's neat that they did a 24-hour marathon of this game before it came out, but I honestly didn't like listening to any of those people talk. Might just be my Giant Bomb elitism kicking in, but I have no interest in what those people think of this game.

I have to agree.

Though to be fair when I first listened to the bomb cast a couple of years ago I thought the exact same thing and almost stopped listening because I kept confusing their voices with one another. Thinking back on it I have no idea how that was even possible.

bcjohnnie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#61  Edited By bcjohnnie

@Swoxx: I know exactly what you mean. Listening to the bombcasts at first, I knew Jeff's voice pretty well but the rest of them were hard for me to distinguish somehow... mostly because I didn't know them back then and they weren't on-camera much in those days (back in mid-09). Nowadays I can't even imagine how I could confuse any of them.

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#62  Edited By CenturionCajun

Agreed. Since we see the Giant Bomb guys in videos so much it's now almost impossible to get any of them confused. However, sites like IGN who almost never have anything other than articles and podcasts coupled with a revolving door of editors makes it quite confusing. At the moment the only people I remotely like over there are Casey and Keza and that is only because of the Dark Souls marathon.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#63  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

@doe3879: I'm well aware of the fact that Greg doesn't work for GB, but he's most likely going to be sitting at home playing Skyrim all day when it comes out. It would be great if that were broadcast.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.