Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Need help with Quelaag

Hef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Hef

I'm standing infront of the mist to fight her, and anybody who can help me who is within ten levels of 33 is more than welcome to. I can't really leave because I'd have to use more of my healing and poison cure stuff, so if you could drop your soapstone someone in her domain, that would be great.

Hef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Hef

Well I tried again, but she killed me, so if anyone can make it to the bonfire at the swamp in blighttown I'd really appreciate it.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#3  Edited By Icemael

I'm not going to play with you, but I'll tell you my strategy. Keep circling her. Roll back or put your shield up when you see that she's about to do her fire sword attack. When she spits magma, hit her from the side or the back. That's really all you need to do.

Hef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Hef

The problem is her aoe fire thing that kills me in one shot. I can dodge everything else I'm just have a really hard time with that.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#5  Edited By Icemael

I remember some weird AOE thing she did. It looked like pink mist or something, and went right through my shield. Is that what you're talking about?  I couldn't tell when she was about to do it, but she barely ever used it and it always left me with a sliver of health, so I never had to figure out a way to anticipate and avoid it.

Rayeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By Rayeth

There is a way to tell the AOE is coming.

Here was my strategy, which I employed to great success. Stand near the front right leg. Away from the mouth, but hug the SHIT out of that front right leg. You should not get hit by the fire spit or lava spits. Whenever she lifts those legs up, back up there is an overhead attack coming. Whenever you see the lady's body go limp GET THE HECK OUT, that AOE attack is on the way. After the AOE finishes, get back in there and hug that leg and wail away. Attacking during the lava spit is great because she won't retaliate or move.

TL;DR When the lady goes limp, the AOE attack is incoming.

Hooded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Hooded

Beat her earlier and although I have no tips, I also beat it with another guy, just some random dude. We beat her and I went to send a message to say thanks but he didnt turn up in my Players list, appearing offline maybe.

mason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By mason

I had the same problem. Other people made her sound so easy, but I kept getting instantly killed by one of 3 things.

1. Her sudden pounce attack where she instantly jumps at you from across the room and spews lava as she lands. Would knock me down. Then she would do follow-up attacks as I was slowly trying to get out of the lava pool. Dead in 5 seconds.

2. Her explosion attack. It usually killed me in one shot.

3. Her regular flame sword attacks did so much damage. Even when I blocked they tore right through me.

With 1 and 2, you just need to keep an eye on her at all times. Listen and look for her tells and never put yourself in a position where you have no stamina left to escape these moves.

Even so #3 was the bigger problem. Her regular sword attack and ocasionally stepping in lava will just wear you down quickly unless you have fire resistance. I died like 12 times until I left Blighttown and grabbed the fire resistant shield from Valley of Drakes (I could have also used the black knight shield). Suddenly I was able to fight her face to face and block her attacks without losing most of my HP.

mason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mason

@Rayeth: Because of twitchy camera angles, I sometimes couldn't see her body go limp. Luckily she also seems to make a certain sound when the AoE attack is about to go off.

I will say that sometimes it's hard to turn and run away fast enough when your targeting is locked on. So maybe don't use targeting?

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By McShank

When she is circling the lava around you, just run away for a minute and have her follow which will result in the lava timing out and starting to dissapear and she is in a new spot so you can start the circling again to kill her.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Bocam

@Hooded: Was it some girl in a loincloth?

EmptyApartment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By EmptyApartment

Hey Hef, one way you could get some help without having a real players help is get Mildred. If you become human in the swamp then head towards Queelags cave, Mildred a npc invader will invade your world, if you successfully kill her, then she will be available for you to summon just outside boss fog to help you beat Queelag, again she will only invade if your human

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By Ares42

Here's how I did it.

Firstly, if you've been scrounging in Blighttown you've found plenty of armor with high flame resist. Wear it, it helps a ton. Other than that my strat for the fight was just to keep distance and strafe around the room, trying to move away from lava patches. Whenever you see the spider starting to vomit you run close to one of its sides. If it's a single patch you can get a hit in with some luck, if it's the stream you can do a quad (or a heavy or two I guess). Took a while but worked fine. Think I only used 3-4 flasks/heals. The only things that should have a chance at hitting you as long as you don't stay very close is the single thrust or one of the swipes if you got caught close to a wall.

Hooded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Hooded

@Bocam said:

Actually yeah it was, they had an axe, was a bit stupid but she was strong. Was that you? :)

Aishan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Aishan

@Hoodedsaid:

@Bocam said:

Actually yeah it was, they had an axe, was a bit stupid but she was strong. Was that you? :)

It's an NPC. She can also invade you in the area if you're human. Gives a lot of souls and drops that big-ass cleaver.

tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By tekmojo

The naked spider girl is HOT.

Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Benny

Charge her down and stay close to the spider's face when the witch melees and the attacks should miss every time because if the angle.
    I used my trusty dragon sword held with two hands and my tattered cloth stuff for mobility and fire resistance.
    As a pyromancer I also used The iron armor spell or whatever it's called and just stood and took all te damage while wailing on her and it worked fine, though not everyone will have access to the pyro spells.
    Make sure you keep her soul!

Hooded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Hooded

@Aishan said:

@Hoodedsaid:

@Bocam said:

It's an NPC. She can also invade you in the area if you're human. Gives a lot of souls and drops that big-ass cleaver.

Oh, that kinda dampers my victory lol. First time someone invaded me and I crapped myself, but was happy when I won. OH well, she help me beat the boss so its all good.

Nadril

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By Nadril

Always keep your shield up, circle her, only hit her once. Always make sure you have stam in case she does that AoE. 

Slow and steady. A good fire resist shield (like black knight) helps a ton too. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.