Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Darkest Dungeon

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Jan 19, 2016

A dungeon crawler that seeks to weigh the psychological effects of delving into hellish monster abodes, not just the damage to HP. Team chemistry means more than just skill synergy.

To Buff or not to Buff

Irish87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Irish87

So I just started playing Darkest Dungeon and I found myself putting the plague doctor on the far left and the... err, paladin healer lady (?) just to his right. With the Crusader I've gotten the trait where I pretty much suck for the first round (at least, I think that's what it means). I've gotten a similar one with my brigand (?) fellow. I l know this is my first group and I'll go through dozens of people, so it doesn't really matter too much. However, I found myself, just in order to survive, using the first round to buff my group as much as I can.

I'm curious if extensive buffing in the long term is a good route or if I should pull a Jeff and ignore them? Thanks for any advice guys. Really loving this game so far.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I think the buffs are quite useful in boss battles. I use them significantly less in regular fights, because I feel like the battle would be over in the same number of turns if I just spend that first turn attacking instead of buffing. I like the Leper buffs that heal your HP/stress, and I like the Hellion buff that removes Bleeding or Blight while also boosting a couple stats.

Voxus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The Jester buff once upgraded will take you places. Also, useful if you get into a hallway fight right before entering a room as you should be able to stack it a few times.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.