Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Darkest Dungeon

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Jan 19, 2016

A dungeon crawler that seeks to weigh the psychological effects of delving into hellish monster abodes, not just the damage to HP. Team chemistry means more than just skill synergy.

Update: New Classes and Bosses added

NotSoSneakyGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So Darkest Dungeon's Early Access has been recently updated with 2 new classes along with 3 new bosses spread across the currently available dungeons.

Of the new classes the Man-at-Arms is probably the more interesting of the two. He's kind of a tanking class, that can actually protect other party members, very handy.

The Arbalest is a back row dps/support with a decent heal. She probably has the highest single target damage in the game now.

They also done some balance and UI changes since their Early Access launch, check it out.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Haven't bought it but goddamn does it look awesome.

One thing I don't like? Their approach to damage. Games vary from doing 1 damage to doing 9999 damage. Sometimes one is more appropriate than the other, and in the case of DD, it seems incongruous to see this depressing, dark Lovecraftian world inhabited by characters that do 4 damage. It makes leveling and future promise of double-digit damage much more impactful, but feels so weak at the start, especially when paired with those goddamn characters. That fucking Jester, man...

HH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By HH

i played so much of it already i'm gonna hold off until release before i go back to it. front runner for game of the year for me.

@ch3burashka said:

It makes leveling and future promise of double-digit damage much more impactful, but feels so weak at the start,

weakness and death build despair, and despair is where the game is set. imagine a lovecraft story where nobody dies or gets victimized, it wouldn't make sense. the bigger the graveyard, the bigger the pathos for heroes that do survive long enough to level up.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.