xtafxfoulfellow's Darksiders (PC) review

• xtafxfoulfellow wrote this review on .

Deftly Handled Homage

If were any less well executed, "Darksiders" might have come across as a blatant rip-off, fortunately this is not the case. Curbing many gameplay elements from "The Legend of Zelda", "God of War", and "Devil May Cry" as well as fictional elements from traditional Judeo-Christian lore, "Darksiders" is a game of loving homages and a very entertaining experience over all.

Other reviews for Darksiders (PC)

A great game that starts off horribly slow 0

Darksiders is generally described as being "derivative, but good". This isn't inaccurate, but it doesn't really do the game justice. Darksiders has a lot going for it. The combination of God of War style combat, character progression, and puzzle-based adventuring give the game a unique feel when you factor them all in. It borrows a lot from other games, but not enough to be a clone of anything else, and it typically only borrows the stuff that works. It takes a while to get going and it doesn't ...

Great surprise 0

Im riding a horse on fire through a desert with hovering rocks and big drills. I slash at some weak foes on the ground, and see their arms and heads flail through the air as I ride through. What I am I talking about? Darksiders, recently ported to the PC from the consoles.        Darksiders is primarily a hack n slash, with special abilities and complex puzzles thrown in for good measure. The combat is great, and feel fantastic thanks to the great graphics engine, and the big weapons you can ...