xtafxfoulfellow's Darksiders (PC) review

• xtafxfoulfellow wrote this review on .

Deftly Handled Homage

If were any less well executed, "Darksiders" might have come across as a blatant rip-off, fortunately this is not the case. Curbing many gameplay elements from "The Legend of Zelda", "God of War", and "Devil May Cry" as well as fictional elements from traditional Judeo-Christian lore, "Darksiders" is a game of loving homages and a very entertaining experience over all.

Other reviews for Darksiders (PC)

Darksiders - Retro Review 0

Story: You play as War, one of the four horsemen of the Apocalypse, charged with maintaining the balance between angels and demons until mankind is ready to fight the final battle with the divine forces. However, when a mysterious force triggers the end times a tad prematurely, humanity finds itself caught with its collective pants down in an apocalyptic struggle between the forces of heaven and hell. Framed for prematurely starting the apocalypse, War is stripped of his powers and sent back to...

Great surprise 0

Im riding a horse on fire through a desert with hovering rocks and big drills. I slash at some weak foes on the ground, and see their arms and heads flail through the air as I ride through. What I am I talking about? Darksiders, recently ported to the PC from the consoles.        Darksiders is primarily a hack n slash, with special abilities and complex puzzles thrown in for good measure. The combat is great, and feel fantastic thanks to the great graphics engine, and the big weapons you can ...