Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Rising 2

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Sep 02, 2010

Dead Rising 2 is a third-person action-adventure survival horror game that takes place five years after the end of the original Dead Rising, moving its zombie apocalypse setting into the glamorous Fortune City.

Can I run it?

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By NekuSakuraba

So I tested this on Can you run it but I need your guys opinion.  

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    I also have another PC that I wont be able to use for quite a bit of time, so basically, should I get it on PC or get the CE on Xbox 360?
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By natetodamax

If canyourunit.com says you can run it, you probably can't.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Get it on 360. I'm pretty sure that the downloadable stuff (like Case Zero) is 360 only, so if you want the full Dead Rising 2 experience, do that.  

So far as actually running it on your computer goes, I'm no expert, but if everything "passes", then I see no reason as to why it wouldn't work. But on the other hand, if you get the 360 version, it's going to work.  

Edit: I should add that I don't play PC games, and that I've never heard of canyourunit.com.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By NekuSakuraba

Well I also have a much better computer I can't use anytime soon, if that makes a difference? 

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

Best way to find out is to get it from some pirates, I usually lend a copy from those chaps and if the game runs smooth I'll go out to buy it.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#6  Edited By BeachThunder

It doesn't look like you'd have any issues with that hardware...and I don't think CYRI is really that inaccurate =/

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By natetodamax
    @BeachThunder said:
    " It doesn't look like you'd have any issues with that hardware...and I don't think CYRI is really that inaccurate =/ "
    It said I could run Dragon Age and Left 4 Dead 2 when I can't.
    NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By NekuSakuraba
    @TaliciaDragonsong said:
    " Best way to find out is to get it from some pirates, I usually lend a copy from those chaps and if the game runs smooth I'll go out to buy it. "
    Wow, good idea! I'll give it a shot and if it doesn't work I wont wait for my other (better) PC and grab it on 360, thanks! 

Is the PC version any better in any way? because I could wait for my other computer but that will take ages for me to be able to use again.
    BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#9  Edited By BeachThunder
    @natetodamax said:
    " @BeachThunder said:
    " It doesn't look like you'd have any issues with that hardware...and I don't think CYRI is really that inaccurate =/ "
    It said I could run Dragon Age and Left 4 Dead 2 when I can't. "
    Hm, it's always seemed fine with me...out of interest are there other alternatives to CYRI?
    NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By NekuSakuraba
    @natetodamax said:
    " @BeachThunder said:
    It said I could run Dragon Age and Left 4 Dead 2 when I can't. "
    CanYouRunIt.com, telling people you can play games and then you spend money...AND YOU CAN'T! :D
    Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@NekuSakuraba:
    I have no clue what the differences are, but whatever you do be sure to actually buy it in the end and support crazy studios coming up with paddlechainsaws!
    vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By vitor
    @TaliciaDragonsong said:
    " @NekuSakuraba: I have no clue what the differences are, but whatever you do be sure to actually buy it in the end and support crazy studios coming up with paddlechainsaws! "
    This. It's what I tend to do as companies rarely release proper PC demos - pirate it and, if it runs, buy it before going too far into it. You'll probably save a few bucks anyway as the PC version tends to be cheaper.
    OldManLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By OldManLight

You'll probably be fine, ran good on my laptop. Core i5 2.27 ghz, 4 gb ddr3, ati hd 5830

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#14  Edited By alistercat
    @MooseyMcMan said:
    " Get it on 360. I'm pretty sure that the downloadable stuff (like Case Zero) is 360 only, so if you want the full Dead Rising 2 experience, do that.   So far as actually running it on your computer goes, I'm no expert, but if everything "passes", then I see no reason as to why it wouldn't work. But on the other hand, if you get the 360 version, it's going to work.   Edit: I should add that I don't play PC games, and that I've never heard of canyourunit.com. "
    The PC version is the best version by far... so that's just bad advice. Still, If you want to play Case West the 360 version is the only way to play that.
    Zurv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Zurv
    @NekuSakuraba said:
    " @TaliciaDragonsong said:
    "Is the PC version any better in any way? because I could wait for my other computer but that will take ages for me to be able to use again. "

of course it is better :) you still get xbox achivements, use the 360 controller, but at a higher rez with more AA and AF (post processing stuff. ^_^

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.