Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Rising 3

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Nov 22, 2013

Escape from the zombie-infested city of Los Perdidos, California in the third installment of Capcom's Dead Rising franchise.

Dead Rising 3 wants the Call of Duty crowd. RIP Dead Rising

• 77 results
    zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

@zeforgotten said:

@wrighteous86: Sure. I guess it would have been better if developers would just come out and say "look, we changed it, get the fuck over it or go somewhere else" instead of just making up nonsense

Honestly, it might help people come to terms with it. I prefer the older Dead Space games, but I enjoyed 3 in a different way because I knew not to expect Dead Space 1.

Exactly the same way I feel with Resident Evil and Final Fantasy at this point. I just came to terms with those games never really being their good old selves anymore.
    I came to terms with RE4 being a thing and anything before it that was good and b-movie-ish is gone, and Final Fantasy will never become the good old well known system and open world but still super linear game it once was... I'm ok with that though, I can now enjoy the new games for what they are.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will be pre ordering Dead Rising 3 as my first Xbox ONE launch title.

AngriGhandi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Fix the load times and AI problems, absolutely!

And if they can replace the "time limit" aspect with some kind of new wrinkle that's totally fucked, then maybe those changes will work out alright, too.

Maybe there's no overall countdown, but you have to bring your survivors food every couple hours or they revolt and start to eat each other. And each survivor has different kinds of food they like, and other kinds they refuse to eat, and some people are allergic to gluten, and the more people you rescue the more food you have to get. That would be fucked up!

But it kind of has to be. Because if a Dead Rising game isn't difficult and weird and kind of frustrating then it has almost literally no point.

Avatar image for deathstriker666
    deathstriker666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By deathstriker666

No, just no

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#55  Edited By Yummylee

Well gee, doesn't this sound familiar... Though the game still looked pretty cool from the gameplay trailer they put up least. While working around the time limits is a pretty key factor of the series, if they remove that but will in turn make the zombies themselves that much harder, then that sounds fair enough. Plus its Nightmare mode will still give us the time limits apparently.

Taking out all of the personality is what's really disheartening, though. The first two Dead Rising games had the perfect balance of featuring a mostly serious story set within a lot of absurdity, and even the story could be given a funny twist depending on how you dressed Frank/Chuck.

Dead Rising 2 is definitely in my top... 15 games of this generation. Though while I won't be able to play Dead Rising 3 (least not at launch, if there is to be an inevitable PS4 port), I really hope Dead Rising 3 can still carry the series crazy and outright unique identity, lest it become just another generic zombie game...

Coafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Coafi

If only Keiji Inafune was still with Capcom. If only.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's weird that people keep ignoring that other article entirely. one of the developers come out and just say it straight "the trailer is a bit more serious and we did that on purpose. There's still goofy stuff in there, trust me" and everyone ignores him..

So again, people are just looking for things to get angry about.

SpaceRunaway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

As long as they keep the heart and soul of the franchise it'll be okay.

Cross-dressing, I mean.

tyler1285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#59  Edited By tyler1285

Jeez, I never knew the GB community hated the old Dead Rising games. I hope you guy's actually played them and aren't just mimicking Jeff or whoever.

Anyway, this is a total bummer, but things change a lot during the development of a game.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Yummylee

Jeez, I never knew the GB community hated the old Dead Rising games. I hope you guy's actually played them and aren't just mimicking Jeff or whoever.

Anyway, this is a total bummer, but things change a lot during the development of a game.

Eh, Dead Rising has always been a pretty divisive series.

yukoasho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

@yummylee said:

Well gee, doesn't this sound familiar...

Loading Video...

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Maybe this will be a reverse-Fuse situation?

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldguy said:

...or you could have read this writeup on Gamespot that is much more reassuring for the "traditionalist" DR player...

Just quoting this because the ability to read is apparantly not a thing for some people.
    The article is basically a "calm down, just, take a deep breath, dang it"

Stop ignoring it just because you need something to be angry about

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Yummylee
    @theht said:

@tyler1285 said:

Maybe this will be a reverse-Fuse situation?

Or they're just saving the version with some colour (and Frank West) for the PS4 re-release.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#65  Edited By Milkman

That article seems like an overreaction. From what I've heard, there's still plenty of silly stuff in the game.

Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Dallas_Raines

I liked how everything was brown and dingy and brown.

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldguy said:

...or you could have read this writeup on Gamespot that is much more reassuring for the "traditionalist" DR player...

Just quoting this because the ability to read is apparantly not a thing for some people.

Stop ignoring it just because you need

something

to be angry about

Yes, the Capcom guy confirmed the return of the banana hammock. The trailer looked fantastic to me w/o the absurdity, and you're still crafting ridiculous weapons. Getting rid of the annoying time limit is the cherry on top.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By zeforgotten

@stryker1121 said:

@zeforgotten said:

@oldguy said:

Stop ignoring it just because you need

something

to be angry about

Yes, the Capcom guy confirmed the return of the banana hammock. The trailer looked fantastic to me w/o the absurdity, and you're still crafting ridiculous weapons. Getting rid of the annoying time limit is the cherry on top.

And, you know, calling in a goddamn Airstrike just because why the fuck not.
    Airstrikes, crafting weapons out of whatever you find(specific weapon combos work best, but you can make dumb combos as well just to have fun) and that's apparantly not goofy enough.
    Dress up in weird clothing is also still a thing it seems (with the hammock still being there and all that) .. So.. the only thing that has changed is that it's a bigger world, better graphics and less color.

Oh and they got rid of the timer for good, I guess, whatever. After a while I never really kept track of it and whatever happened, happened

But let's just ignore that for some weird reason and pretend nobody actually said that and be angry, I guess?(not saying EVERYONE here is angry, just that some people are angry for no real reason other than "omg, it has a more realistic look to it" )

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In the demo the guy attached a saw to a sledgehammer and threw it at a zombie that got tore in half.

That seems like a good start to being silly.

DrDarkStryfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#70  Edited By DrDarkStryfe

Focus testing sucks, the end.

ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I didn't ever enjoy playing the Dead Rising games because of the constant stressor of having to be in a certain place at a certain time to do well in the game. That is also one of my main issues with what may be coming in Final Fantasy 13-3. If they get rid of the ticking timebomb ball and chain Id be happy to pick up Dead Rising 3.

Avatar image for maskedarcstrike
    maskedarcstrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I love the silliness but hate the 48 hour or whatever time limit bullshit. Screw that junk, I loved Dead Rising 1 despite the time limit because it was fresh but didn't buy 2 solely because of that crap. Let me have some fun with the game without worrying about screwing up my whole progression through a 5-10 hour playthrough.

Avatar image for little_socrates
    Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#73  Edited By Little_Socrates

Y'all know all the fun of Dead Rising is at, like, level 45-50 when you're almost totally maxed out, right? The animation speed is FUCKING BONKERS, and you can just whip through dudes at ridiculous rates.

Seriously, it's why I couldn't play DR2. They removed a bunch of the cancel-on-hit stuff that was in Dead Rising, which left you even less powerful than when you started Dead Rising. Going from level 50 to level 1 was hard enough, thanks.

My guess is they're just being more honest about the early parts of Dead Rising, which are a pretty serious and rough slog to get to arcade-powerful.

OGred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By OGred

Hoping it's not as bad as it sounds.

Because of course, following the leader is exactly how you lead!

In a bid to, yes, "appeal to a wider audience," Dead Rising 3 has been given a brown color scheme, a serious tone, and a "realistic" approach. As if going down a checklist of bullshit PR phrases, Capcom also promises the violence will be "more visceral."

It would appear the publisher learned nothing from Resident Evil 6, a game that also ignored everything its series was founded on in a desperate, blind, pathetic attempt to grasp for an audience that was too busy playing Call of Duty to notice a poor attempting at aping Call of Duty.

"Thank god for Jim Sterling"

AlexGlass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was very disappointed with the look of Dead Rising 3. Much prefer the colorful, humorous look of the original. It also looked very choppy to me in the press conference video. Probably my biggest disappointment.

Wampa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

@yummylee: And they bring back lifeseeker to do another terrible song for the PS4 edition?

It's still too far off to really judge these things, I wouldn't be surprised to see some 20 minute gameplay demos showing the new lead in a dress using a stupid looking combo weapon to counter balance it.

Bill_Rizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

good, DR1 and DR2 were garbage diseased with archaic, ass-backwards, design choices

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.