Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Space 2

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Jan 25, 2011

Dead Space 2 is the sequel to the 2008 surprise hit Dead Space. The no-longer-silent Isaac Clarke finds himself trapped on a city-sized space station called the Sprawl, which has been overtaken by another Necromorph infestation.

A Little Explanation Needed. *Spoilers Galore!!!*

Mrsignerman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Mrsignerman44

*Spoilers, really this is about the ending*

*I warned you*

So,I need some explanation. How did Isaac destroy the marker? I mean one minute it's there and after the Nicole fight it vanished. Did he destroy it with his mind? Is Isaac a telapath now? I loved the game but I really was expecting cutscene of some sort where he touches the marker and it blows up or something. Maybe I wasn't paying much attention? I don't know, any help is appreciated. 

Also, I was talking to someone right before that stick a needle in your sequence, what was that all about? It was powerful either way. 

Thanks in advance.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

It destroyed its self. The marker is alive I think. And the pulsing thing is what was powering it. So when he destroyed the link he destroyed the marker.  

The needle goes into the eye and gets the point in the brain where the first marker stored its info in his head. They used that info to make the big ass one. 

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By SSully

What the laughing man said. Also a cutscene, in deadspace??? Boy are you crazy!!!!

Sarumarine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Sarumarine

Dead Space 2 gives you plenty of questions about everything related to the Marker and Necromorphs. The truth is that there's practically no evidence how any of this works. All you have is speculation. Your guess is as good as mine, and there's probably plenty of evidence to back it up. We just don't know.

But since we're here talking about it, I would guess that the needle procedure and Isaac's close involvement with building the thing caused the Marker to self-destruct after he rejected Haluci-Nicole in his mind. The Marker can screw with people's heads... and I would guess that it's a two way street. People who know how this all works (like Isaac) could probably influence the Marker like the Marker influences people. Whatever the Eye Poke Machine does... that probably has something to do with it too. Not to mention Isaac was all "fuck your marker!" in the middle of Convergence. Anythings possible really.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Sarumarine said:
    " Dead Space 2 gives you plenty of questions about everything related to the Marker and Necromorphs. The truth is that there's practically no evidence how any of this works. All you have is speculation. Your guess is as good as mine, and there's probably plenty of evidence to back it up. We just don't know. But since we're here talking about it, I would guess that the needle procedure and Isaac's close involvement with building the thing caused the Marker to self-destruct after he rejected Haluci-Nicole in his mind. The Marker can screw with people's heads... and I would guess that it's a two way street. People who know how this all works (like Isaac) could probably influence the Marker like the Marker influences people. Whatever the Eye Poke Machine does... that probably has something to do with it too. Not to mention Isaac was all "fuck your marker!" in the middle of Convergence. Anythings possible really. "
    The seeing stuff is the brains self defense.  

What happens is the needle turns on the part of the brain that BUILDS the marker. But with that comes the ability to DESTORY it. And that is why the "Creators" must be destroyed first. Their telepathic activation started with that needle. They are linked with the marker. And have the ability to destroy  it.  
    Omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Omega

I think that whole bit with Nicole wasn't entirely in his mind, I think that whole sequence was a big hallucination.  The boss arena was about the same size, if I recall correctly, as the platform Isaac's standing on and when you shoot at the heart thing its in the general direction of the marker. So while he is struggling with his inner demons he is still moving around the platform in front of the marker and shooting at it to destroy it. The heart or whatever is just the marker itself and the hallucination and Nicole-Boss was there to try and protect the marker from Isaac by causing the strong hallucination.

Thats just my theory, although the red marker could only be destroyed by dropping a fucking planet onto it so yeah I'm probably wrong. 

Or that whole sequence was just Isaac breaking out of the hold the marker has on him and the marker was destroyed when the sprawl blew up. Why did it blow up? I dunno I've played it through twice but I can't remember the cause but if it wasn't already explained I'll bet Gabe and Lexine are the ones who blow up the place in the DLC. 

Yeah, thats a much better explanation.

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Yanngc33

Isaac used his mind to fuck everything up. He's a bad ass version of future iron man that's all you have to know. Also, in that universe, chicks are or evil or dead, or only have one eye and are pissed off.

Avatar image for joyfullofrockets
    JoyfullOFrockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By JoyfullOFrockets

I'm still wondering why he wasn't more pissed that he lost his eye.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @JoyfullOFrockets said:
    " I'm still wondering why he wasn't more pissed that he lost his eye. "
    He did not lose his eye. 
    Avatar image for joyfullofrockets
    JoyfullOFrockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By JoyfullOFrockets
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @JoyfullOFrockets said:
    He did not lose his eye.  "
    Hmm, I'm pretty sure I saw that poking thing coompletely fucking up his right eye. Then again it was 2 AM so maybe I was too tired to pay attention.
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @JoyfullOFrockets said:
    " @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @JoyfullOFrockets said:
    He did not lose his eye.  "
    Hmm, I'm pretty sure I saw that poking thing coompletely fucking up his right eye. Then again it was 2 AM so maybe I was too tired to pay attention. "
    It has been done many many many times to him. Over a three year period it was done to build the marker. At the end of the game you can clearly see his eye is fine. 
    Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By Slaker117
    @JoyfullOFrockets: It was a clean in and out. Well, not entirely clean, he bled a little, but no lasting damage.
    Donos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Donos
    @Slaker117 said:
    " @JoyfullOFrockets: It was a clean in and out. Well, not entirely clean, he bled a little, but no lasting damage. "
    Unless you're like me and took 4 tries to figure out how the hell to do the thing.
    Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By Slaker117
    @Donos: 
    Funny, I played through four times, didn't fail it once. On one of my runs I was trying to get all the unique deaths, but got too freaked out by what that one would be and skipped it. Watching Isaac die in horrible ways isn't nearly as bad as actively STABBING HIM IN THE GODDAMN EYE.

This game is crazy. I love it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.