Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Space 2

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Jan 25, 2011

Dead Space 2 is the sequel to the 2008 surprise hit Dead Space. The no-longer-silent Isaac Clarke finds himself trapped on a city-sized space station called the Sprawl, which has been overtaken by another Necromorph infestation.

Dead Space Save Files Will Unlock Sequel's Plasma Cutter

• 75 results
    bossman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By bossman

Why don't more games do this kind of thing?

AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#52  Edited By AndrewGaspar
    @Spoonman671 said:
    " I don't think I want to have it unlocked right away.  The opening sequence of the first game wasn't nearly as tense on new game + when you had weapons with you.  If they're doing something similar in Dead Space 2, I'd hate to have the intro ruined like that. "
    The Plasma Cutter is the iconic Dead Space weapon. I don't think having it right away will ruin the experience. ;-P I'm guessing through normal progression you get the weapon within the first third of the game.
    Bullitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#53  Edited By Bullitus

Nice, loved the plasma cutter.

Lazyaza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 43

#54  Edited By Lazyaza

The plasma cutter was in the demo wasn't it? and as far as I could tell the only difference was its design.  So I guess this simply gives it to you earlier or the model is swapped out for the old one.  

Eh kinda neat either way I guess. 

trucksimulator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By trucksimulator

Yeah, sounds like it'll give you an option for a different look like some of the DLC from Dead Space.

JusticeCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#56  Edited By JusticeCat
    @Eristocrat said:
    " Companies should really let you know if saves will be valuable a lot more than a month before the sequel comes out.  I've still got my Dead Space save on my PS3 but there are plenty of games I've rented whose saves I've cleared out. "
    You never bought their game - why would they care?
    Davvyk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 19

#57  Edited By Davvyk
    @JusticeCat said:
    " @Eristocrat said:
    " Companies should really let you know if saves will be valuable a lot more than a month before the sequel comes out.  I've still got my Dead Space save on my PS3 but there are plenty of games I've rented whose saves I've cleared out. "
    You never bought their game - why would they care? "
    They dont care, but they do care if you buy their next game. 
    MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By MiniPato
    @Davvyk said:
    " @JusticeCat said:
    " @Eristocrat said:
    They dont care, but they do care if you buy their next game.  "
    Why should they let you know? It's not like they knew they were going to do this. It was probably a during development thing. Unless they are making Mass Effect 4, it's not important. This thing isn't a make or break deal. It's just a little (very little) something for loyal fans of Dead Space. If you were a loyal fan you would have bought the game instead of renting and therefore would be able to get the weapon skin. And they're making it piss easy too. You don't even need to beat the game, just have a 3 minute save in it. I don't see why everyone's acting like it's the hardest fucking thing in the world to do. 
    geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#59  Edited By geirr

Hopefully it won't force the plasma cutter on you if you have old save data.
    I don't want to ruin the game's intro by having a non-essential weapon.

Then again I'm going for the PC version this year.

l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#61  Edited By l4wd0g

If you're a ps3 owner go download a save for the internet... Got it

Davvyk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 19

#62  Edited By Davvyk
    @MiniPato said:
    " @Davvyk said:
    " @JusticeCat said:
    " @Eristocrat said:
    They dont care, but they do care if you buy their next game.  "
    Why should they let you know? It's not like they knew they were going to do this. It was probably a during development thing. Unless they are making Mass Effect 4, it's not important. This thing isn't a make or break deal. It's just a little (very little) something for loyal fans of Dead Space. If you were a loyal fan you would have bought the game instead of renting and therefore would be able to get the weapon skin. And they're making it piss easy too. You don't even need to beat the game, just have a 3 minute save in it. I don't see why everyone's acting like it's the hardest fucking thing in the world to do.  "
    what? 

mass effect 4? 

1. I don't care about Dead Space this wouldn't make me buy or not buy Dead Space 2
    2. The point i was making was they care about you buying their next game, that's business. If they see this as something to entice you into that purchase (i dont) then it is within their interests to let people know of this early. 
    3. I don't think they have left it too late to announce it. The timing is perfect. I was mearly pointing out the error in your opinion that "  You never bought their game - why would they care" 

They are a business they care about one thing. Making. You. Buy. Their. Stuff
    toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#63  Edited By toowalrus

Even if it's just a skin, it's still a neat little unlockable. Can't wait for Dead Space 2.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By NTM

Damn, and I was hoping to get Dead Space 2 on 360 first. I guess I'll have to go for PS3 (or PC). The demo was worse on PS3 though. I'm just going to sit here and sigh.

Klei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#65  Edited By Klei

The headline of this article doesn't work. It says : Dead Space Save Files Will Unlock Sequel's Plasma Cutter. It should be Dead Space save file will unlock the original Plasma Cutter IN the sequel.

lawgiver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#66  Edited By lawgiver

Awesome I love when games do this. Gives me a sense of accomplishment :)

Jones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Jones

So whats the difference other than looking different. I swear I thought the plasma cutter in the Dead Space 2 demo looked just like the one from Dead Space. Cool stuff regardless, I just dont get it though as to why they would do it. But hey free weapon unlock YEEEEEEAH!

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#68  Edited By laserbolts

i bought a new 360 and i didnt buy a hard drive transfer thing i guess im fucked?

Edwardryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Edwardryu

it's cool. but I don't expect to take advantage of it for dead space 2. I guess that necromoph will be more powerful than dead space 1. so we need more powerful weapons. of course, DS 2 will give us them without doubt.  

but I just wonder what if we could bring something like ME 2 save file to transfer from DS 1 to DS 2 so that we could have different kind of end or another destination. I know it's not RPG. but adding small amount of element could be fun. 

Avatar image for theseductivemoose
    TheSeductiveMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Afroman269 said:
    " Seriously? Damn, it I was planning on getting this for PC. Oh well, looks like I'm sticking to the 360 version. "
    If you're playing this on PC I bet you could just download a savegame and create a fake save folder to get the plasma cutter.
    Gregomasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Gregomasta
    @Afroman269 said:
    " Seriously? Damn, it I was planning on getting this for PC. Oh well, looks like I'm sticking to the 360 version. "
    I own it on pc, score.
    Bacbi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#72  Edited By Bacbi

I lost my save file when I got my new 360. GOD DAMIT! I didn't think I would ever need it again so I didn't transfer it.

bobcat1794

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By bobcat1794
    @WrenchNinja said:
    "Nice. This reminds me, there was totally an achievement for beating the first game with just the Plasma Cutter. Managed to do it but I hope there's a similar achievement in the sequel."

I did that achevement too for my first playthrough and i think it actually amped up the scariness. the only thing is i dont know if i want to do it again for Dead Space 2 though i am proud i gt it in the first game.
    Sekoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

#74  Edited By Sekoku

My bod--er--save file is ready.

SaintEligius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By SaintEligius

Cool

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.