Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Space 2

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Jan 25, 2011

Dead Space 2 is the sequel to the 2008 surprise hit Dead Space. The no-longer-silent Isaac Clarke finds himself trapped on a city-sized space station called the Sprawl, which has been overtaken by another Necromorph infestation.

Disappointing Collectors Edition

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc1cc1fadd0a
    deactivated-5fc1cc1fadd0a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Anyone else not really see how this was $80? 
    A small replica plasma cutter that doesn't even rotate to show the plasma cutter can go from horizontal to vertical aiming?
    The only other noteworthy thing is the soundtrack. 
    The lithograph is complete shit, not even nice looking, it's a page ripped from a concept art book -- which would have been a nice addition as well.

$70 would have been easier to swallow, just pissed it's kind of gimped. The last few collectors editions I've been happy with -- Dead Rising 2, Fallout New Vega, and Alan Wake. This kind of turns me off of collector's editions again.

Thoughts?

As a side note, the crysis 2 demo is god awful. Wait I take that back, I can't judge it since I've froze 14 times trying to get into a game, and if I don't the connection is lost immediately.
     This just really is a bad day.

delusionaltool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By delusionaltool

disappointing or not at least you get dead space extraction made for the move and remastered in hd and dead space 2.... that i guess would be worth the extra 20 rest is just filler...

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Wuddel
    @caesius6 said:

"  Anyone else not really see how this was $80?  A small replica plasma cutter that doesn't even rotate to show the plasma cutter can go from horizontal to vertical aiming? The only other noteworthy thing is the soundtrack.  The lithograph is complete shit, not even nice looking, it's a page ripped from a concept art book -- which would have been a nice addition as well.   $70 would have been easier to swallow, just pissed it's kind of gimped. The last few collectors editions I've been happy with -- Dead Rising 2, Fallout New Vega, and Alan Wake. This kind of turns me off of collector's editions again.  Thoughts?  As a side note, the crysis 2 demo is god awful. Wait I take that back, I can't judge it since I've froze 14 times trying to get into a game, and if I don't the connection is lost immediately.  This just really is a bad day. "

Hum. I am really thinking about ordering it. Can you maybe take a picture of the cutter, to give us a sense of scale for the thing? I am not sure if it will run on a european XBOX or PS3 (PS3 games usually did, but I kind of want to get the 360 version). Also it costs about 130$ here (import).
    Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Spoonman671

It's a collector's edition.  You should always hope for the best and expect the worst.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By jakob187
    @caesius6: Blogs that are attached to the forum are typically treated like forum posts.  I was gonna mention that I had already brought this up, but frankly, I think everyone has the right to complain about it.
    l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By l4wd0g

... man, the plasma cutter is a flash light.  The metalic click you hear when you pull the trigger is you closing the circuit.

No Caption Provided
    CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By CenturionCajun

Don't forget you also get an in game suit of armor and weapon. Probably not worth the extra money to most people but with my employee discount it comes out to about the price of a regular game. Thus I have many collector's editions I probably wouldn't have purchased otherwise.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.