Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Space 2

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Jan 25, 2011

Dead Space 2 is the sequel to the 2008 surprise hit Dead Space. The no-longer-silent Isaac Clarke finds himself trapped on a city-sized space station called the Sprawl, which has been overtaken by another Necromorph infestation.

Dumb Question About Changing Suits

Kato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Kato

Stupidly, I decided to put on my Zealot suit first, which was probably a bad idea because it sort of ruined a moment I expected to be emotional, getting the new suit. 

So, if I ever want to get a new suit for the inventory capacity and that, will I TOTALLY lose the Zealot suit? Or will it re-appear in the store? Or is there some sub-menu for changing suits that I can't find? A bit stressed here!

BinarySoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By BinarySoldier

When you unlock a new suit, you get the upgraded armor and inventory capacity on all of your purchased suits.  They move into your vault, and you can re-equip them from there.  Some suits give you bonuses, so it makes sense to switch to one that suits your playing style, even if you have technically purchased a "better" suit.   

For example, I purchased the Vintage armor because it gives 20 inventory slots and 15% armor, but it's bonus is that it gives a discount at stores which I don't find particularly useful.  So I switched back to my security armor, which gives a bonus to pulse rifle damage, but now also has armor and inventory capacity equal to that of the vintage armor.  

dubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By dubs

i got the hacking suit as a preorder bonus, does it have extra inventory slots?

FinalBoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By FinalBoss

dose anybody know if you have to find the schematics for the different suits or do you have to buy the next suit in the sequence in order to unlock more suits to buy. I assume you have to find the schematics but I'm pretty far in the game and haven't found any suit schematics. I am able to buy the security suit but I can't remember if I found that or it just appeared in the store.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By handlas
    @FinalBoss said:
    " dose anybody know if you have to find the schematics for the different suits or do you have to buy the next suit in the sequence in order to unlock more suits to buy. I assume you have to find the schematics but I'm pretty far in the game and haven't found any suit schematics. I am able to buy the security suit but I can't remember if I found that or it just appeared in the store. "
    you find schematics that place the suit in the store and then you have to purchase them.  Just like the weapons.

I looked up the suits because I was worried that I missed a schematic.  I didn't...they are just kinda few and far between it seems.  I have the security and vintage suits currently.
    FinalBoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 18

#6  Edited By FinalBoss
    @handlas:
    oo ok, thanks man.
    Edwardryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Edwardryu

some suits give you 25 slots and 25 % armor. I think that is advanced suit. Riot suit gives you 25 slots and 20% armor. but in my experience, no matter how suit is good, it seems so vulnerable when I go through last chapter (after 13). I don't know. it is always my nightmare even though I finished three times. advanced suit pretty much fuck up in last battle if you don't have enough ammo, and health packs.

Zaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Zaft
    @Edwardryu said:
    " some suits give you 25 slots and 25 % armor. I think that is advanced suit. Riot suit gives you 25 slots and 20% armor. but in my experience, no matter how suit is good, it seems so vulnerable when I go through last chapter (after 13). I don't know. it is always my nightmare even though I finished three times. advanced suit pretty much fuck up in last battle if you don't have enough ammo, and health packs. "
    Advanced suit gives 25 slots and 20% armor. The armor from NG+ appears to be the only ones with 25% armor.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.