Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Space 2

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Jan 25, 2011

Dead Space 2 is the sequel to the 2008 surprise hit Dead Space. The no-longer-silent Isaac Clarke finds himself trapped on a city-sized space station called the Sprawl, which has been overtaken by another Necromorph infestation.

Optimal Order

surferz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By surferz

So I just got Dead Space 2 on the PS3 with Extraction and Ignition.  Is there a certain order in playing these games to enjoy the fiction?  Also how long is extraction?  I'm going to be playing on the Dualshock so I hope it doesn't drag on.
    NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By NTM

Extraction, Ignition, then Dead Space two. You can beat Extraction in a few hours. It took me about four and a half to five hours to beat if I remember correctly. Have fun with Extraction, it's decent. First time I played through it (on the Wii), I was dissapointed, but after going through it again myself it was alright since I was more focused on everything. I'm just waiting for Dead Space 2 to arrive later today around 12 PM or so. I'm so excited. Don't worry about the Dualshock controls, I'm actually more excited about it then ever before. Ignition kind of sucks which is unfortunate. It at least lends a costume over to Dead Space 2 which is pretty much all it's for, and the ending is interesting.

MegaGoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By MegaGoat

The Dead Space 2 Quick Look shows bone-us rooms that unlock due to having an Ignition save, but it was unconfirmed as to whether the save needed to merely exist, or whole / partial completion was necessary

Avatar image for the_hiro_abides
    the_hiro_abides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By the_hiro_abides

I'm not sure on the rooms either, but the end of ignition does pop up with the message that the hacker suit is unlocked.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By jakob187

If you want to go in loose chronological order: 

• Dead Space: Extraction
    • Dead Space
    • Dead Space: Ignition
    • Dead Space 2

I could get super detailed about which chapters are in proper timeline to the Dead Space comics as well as Dead Space: Downfall, but unless you are getting that far down the rabbit hole, it's no biggie. 

If you want to go for fun, just play whatever.  They are all fun as hell.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.