Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Space 2

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Jan 25, 2011

Dead Space 2 is the sequel to the 2008 surprise hit Dead Space. The no-longer-silent Isaac Clarke finds himself trapped on a city-sized space station called the Sprawl, which has been overtaken by another Necromorph infestation.

The third step *Spoilers*

AckbarTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By AckbarTheGreat

I mean seriously shoving a needle into your eye?! WHAT THE FUCK!! I mean it wouldn't be so bad if it was just a quick button press so I could get it over with without watching, but making it interactive is just fucked up. I seriously have a phobia about this kind of thing and I'm starting to feel sick just thinking about it so I doubt I'll make another play-through of the game because of this one moment,  which sucks because another than this one moment the rest of the game is pretty awesome.

kingjulesxii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By kingjulesxii

What was the purpose of the needle? I'm on my second playthrough, so I'll try to be more attentive this time around.

But yes. One of the most interactive, horrific moments I've ever played in a game. And the death sequence was just brutal.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
    deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@kingjulesxii said:
    And the death sequence was just brutal.
    Which death sequence?

Also, yes. That part was unbelievably gruesome.
    valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By valrog
    @Godlyawesomeguy said:
    @kingjulesxii said:
    And the death sequence was just brutal.
    Which death sequence?
    If you missed.

Yes, it was ghastly, but at the same time it's what made it so great. Even if I couldn't look in the mirror for a while after experiencing that...
    atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By atejas

I got my friend to do that bit for me.
    I have this thing with eyes, and them getting stabbed, and how little I enjoy that.

BombKareshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By BombKareshi

Damn, this thread is making me want to play Dead Space 2 again just to see that gruesome death sequence which I seem to have missed.

Apparently, I'm too good at sticking needles into people's eyes. Take that as you will.

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By valrog
    Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Quipido
    @BombKareshi said:
    Damn, this thread is making me want to play Dead Space 2 again just to see that gruesome death sequence which I seem to have missed.  Apparently, I'm too good at sticking needles into people's eyes. Take that as you will.

Hint: youtube.   Or play it again, it's worth it (not for the death, but for the game itself ofc).
    L33tfella_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By L33tfella_H

The first time I had to do it, I was scared shitless of missing and fucking up, but managed to pull it off. I later Youtube'd what it looked like if you failed, and man...I seriously had it stuck in my head for like 3 straight days, it's gruesome.

BombKareshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By BombKareshi
    @Quipido said:
    Hint: youtube.   Or play it again, it's worth it (not for the death, but for the game itself ofc).
    Oh, but it just ain't the same watching things on YouTube. Besides, I was looking for an excuse to play the game again!
    valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By valrog
    @L33tfella_H
    Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Quipido
    @BombKareshi said:

@Quipido said:

Oh, but it just ain't the same watching things on YouTube. Besides, I was looking for an excuse to play the game again!
    Sure, I think it's a great game! I would recommend going for Hard Core run, but that would be tricky if you want to see the death scene...

EDIT: typo

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.