So about Ellie's eyes (minor spoilers)

#1 Posted by maskedarcstrike (701 posts) -

Minor nitpick but I remember that early there in the game there was a text log in Isaac's apartment that they got Ellie's missing eye replaced after it got yanked by a screwdriver in the last game. Well in the text log it says that they had to get a different colored eye as a replacement.

In the cutscenes it seems that both her eyes are still blue. I'm playing the 360 version but does it actually match the story context on any other platforms with having her replacement eye being a different color?

#2 Posted by strangecargo (70 posts) -

On PC, at least, you can tell that they're slightly different colors. One also moves kind of weird.

#3 Posted by SuperCycle (333 posts) -

I did notice the different colour eyes, on my ps3 copy. My question is about the eye patch that moved around from eye to eye at the end of the second game, why did they switch like that?

#4 Posted by blake_brown (119 posts) -

I noticed the eyes were different colors. I didn't see that text log and it was bothering me that they didn't explain what happened.

It would have been pretty bad ass if that had given her an eye patch instead.

#5 Posted by Sarumarine (2292 posts) -

I'm a little disappointed they didn't keep the eye-patch, but it makes sense that the Dead Space world is advanced enough that eye transplants would be no big deal. But yeah, her replacement eye is a slightly different color, but when I read that text log I kinda expected they had gotten a completely different color like brown or hazel. I guess it's nice they didn't make it ridiculous.

#6 Posted by Teran (877 posts) -

The first couple times she appears her eyes looked the same, but once you're on the planet the difference becomes really obvious.

I play on the 360.

#7 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@Teran

The first couple times she appears her eyes looked the same, but once you're on the planet the difference becomes really obvious.

I play on the 360.

The lighting on the planet makes it much easier to see.
#8 Posted by big_jon (5770 posts) -

On 360 I saw them as very clearly different colours.

#9 Posted by StartRunning (33 posts) -

I'll be waiting for a patch.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.