Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Space

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Oct 14, 2008

Engineer Isaac Clarke battles a polymorphic virus-like alien infestation that turns human corpses into grotesque undead alien monsters called "Necromorphs" while trying to survive on board an infested interstellar mining ship named the USG Ishimura.

Deadest Space

Mexalen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

Edited By Mexalen

As Event Horizon is one of my favourite horror movies, I was very interessted in "Dead Space" when I first heard about it. I thought about buying it, before I realised the other games that came that season, even as it's gory art didn't really got me in the first place.

Today I tried the Dismemberment Demo and I have to say, that I am happy to not have bought it. It looks fantastic and the sound is creepy like hell ... but that's definatly not a game for me. From shooting the limbs, to killing this small things that crawl at you, darkness not just surounding you but always creeping in, plus I didn't got the controls right... 
    I gave up on the demo after dieing 5 times in the first room, after just killing like 4, 5 aliens. 

Obviously I need to shoot zombies in the head, not gun alien-limbs off :)
    Mexalen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Mexalen

As Event Horizon is one of my favourite horror movies, I was very interessted in "Dead Space" when I first heard about it. I thought about buying it, before I realised the other games that came that season, even as it's gory art didn't really got me in the first place.

Today I tried the Dismemberment Demo and I have to say, that I am happy to not have bought it. It looks fantastic and the sound is creepy like hell ... but that's definatly not a game for me. From shooting the limbs, to killing this small things that crawl at you, darkness not just surounding you but always creeping in, plus I didn't got the controls right... 
    I gave up on the demo after dieing 5 times in the first room, after just killing like 4, 5 aliens. 

Obviously I need to shoot zombies in the head, not gun alien-limbs off :)
    TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

Didn't get the controls down? That game has the tightest controls of any 3rd person shooter I've ever played...ever.

Mexalen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Mexalen

with different functions when in Aim-mode or not, and me panicking, because the aliens were comming closer, while I  was trying to shoot their limbs off, and those little-crawly-things clawing on my face ... the controlls were not tight enough :)

In the end I stood there, smashing my gun into some alien-face and stomping the ground desperatly ... which amazingly didn't work ;)
    Psynapse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Psynapse

I found the controls amazing, probably one of the best FPS controls i've seen, maybe Cod4 is close :P

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By PureRok
    Psynapse said:
    "I found the controls amazing, probably one of the best FPS controls i've seen, maybe Cod4 is close :P"
    FPS controls? What? I thought this was in third person?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.