Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Space

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Oct 14, 2008

Engineer Isaac Clarke battles a polymorphic virus-like alien infestation that turns human corpses into grotesque undead alien monsters called "Necromorphs" while trying to survive on board an infested interstellar mining ship named the USG Ishimura.

Pretty sure my game is broken.

Avatar image for kamikazecaterpillar
    KamikazeCaterpillar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

So I am just playing through Dead Space trying to finish it up before next since I never finished and now I can't. I am in chapter 12 where you to drag the big stone thing around with kinesis and the damn thing is stuck on the tracks. I am just past the zero G tube where you restore the power and in the room where you have to cycle the door locks. The problem is that the section of track where the door is won't let the cart that the stone is on pass by. I have tried shooting it with kinesis, dragging it for halfway across the room, checking guides to see if I am missing something and nothing is working. Has anyone else had this problem? I just want to finish this game but I am completely stuck. 

edit: I have also tried reloading my last save multiple times and it's not fixing it.

BunkerBuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By BunkerBuster
    @zAMERICANLIONz: Ok, so you fought the Guardians to get into the Zero G tube to get the door working. So the fans are on and you make your way out using Stasis and you get back to the track. Does an Enhanced Brute come out for you to fight? 

If he does then the "Exit" door should be unlocked and you pull the catwalk up, Stasis it, and then pull The Marker to the large door. Open the door using the console and you should be outside.
    KamikazeCaterpillar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@BunkerBuster: Yep I killed him. Then I got it past the two bridges and into the control room. Then I hit the switch to close the first door and open the second, but it won't go past the gap in the track where the second door (the one that just opened) was.
    BunkerBuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BunkerBuster
    @zAMERICANLIONz: I think at that point it should be automatically moving. Are you immediately attacked by Necromorphs coming out the side of the building? Perhaps there's an invisible trigger. 

From what I remember I grabbed all the ammo for the fight and when it was done, I would just pull the Marker into the tracks for the pedestal. So if that's not happening your game save is borked. Sorry.
    KamikazeCaterpillar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@BunkerBuster: Yeah I guess I am done with this game then. There is no way I am going through the past chapter and a half since my last save was at the beginning of ch 11. Off to watch the catch-up trailer they put out :(
    toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By toowalrus

Thanks for reminding me how lame some parts of that game were, I totally forgot about this part.

BunkerBuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BunkerBuster
    @zAMERICANLIONz: Here's a video of the guy in the exact same area in case you or I missed something.  

It's a shame you won't try and finish it, it really is a great game.
    KamikazeCaterpillar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@BunkerBuster: That is exactly where I am stuck. I might come back to it eventually but it's pretty frustrating to to be stuck in a glitch maybe half an hour away fro the end of the game. ANd with the sequel coming out next week, and ME2 coming out for PS3 this week I just don't have the time to deal with a broken game. Of course this is probably just my frustration talking, and I will wind up finishing it tomorrow :/
    BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#9  Edited By BeachThunder
    BunkerBuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BunkerBuster
    @zAMERICANLIONz: If you don't care about the achievements, the Tier 6 armor or the backlogs you can always just finish watching a Let's Play. At least then you'll get a jist of how Isaac made it out and what becomes of Aegis 7.
    KamikazeCaterpillar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@BunkerBuster: That's what I was thinking about doing since my trophies for the game broke when I installed a new hard drive in my PS3. I am not having very good luck with this game. As long as there are no turret sequences in the sequel I will be happy. 

@BeachThunder: Already did and it didn't work.    

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.