Deadly Premonition dilemma

#1 Posted by PaulRevere (208 posts) -

This might sound strange, but I've had this weird desire to play Deadly Premonition recently. I don't own the game, but I did watch the ER of it. So my question is, should I buy it? I can get it for about $12, but is it really something worth owning? I don't want to buy it then realize it was a totally dumb purchase that just stemmed from some nostalgia from the ER and/or Twin Peaks. But then again, I actually want to play through it and get all the trading cards and everything. Basically, is Deadly Premonition worth $12?

#2 Posted by dungbootle (2458 posts) -
@nosiwohL said:

Basically, is Deadly Premonition worth $12?

Yes.
#3 Posted by DEMONOLOGY_24 (521 posts) -

if it's twelve bucks i'd just buy it and if you don't like it than hey it was twelve bucks
#4 Posted by Dad_Is_A_Zombie (1225 posts) -

Yes, you should buy it. Definitely.

#5 Posted by fox01313 (5088 posts) -
@nosiwohL
Yes, even with knowing what happens in the Endurance Run, there's a bunch of that game they didn't do, it's damn fun and quirky gem that's quite enjoyable.
#6 Posted by FreakAche (2955 posts) -

What does your coffee tell you to do?

#7 Posted by onarum (2232 posts) -

I never actually played the game, don't own a 360, but if I did I would definitely pick it up for 12 bucks.

#8 Posted by Yanngc33 (4496 posts) -

It's 12$ so even if you don't like it, you won't regret it

#9 Posted by PaulRevere (208 posts) -

@FreakAche said:

What does your coffee tell you to do?

It says: FK'ing buy it

#10 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

If not for yourself, then do it for Swery.

For Swery is Love.

#11 Posted by Bloodgraiv3 (2713 posts) -

Yes, buy it. 
#12 Posted by supermike6 (3611 posts) -

HELL YES!

#13 Posted by CornBREDX (5838 posts) -

Yes. I got this feeling you might like it.

#14 Posted by Chemi_ro (45 posts) -

Hell yes it's worth it :)

#15 Posted by Nux (2405 posts) -

Yes you should buy it.

#16 Posted by Trailok (5 posts) -
@nosiwohL: I paid full price and felt it was awesome. Make sure you play it on easy and that eliminates the one thing I found a bit annoying-the combat. I will say the combat is not nearly as bad as Brad made it out to be. It is actually really easy. If you play easy most enemies are 1 hit kills and the wall crawlers are 4 hit kills. Some areas actually become enemy free. Just make sure to pick up anything strange you find in the game and do every quest as you find it. The ER did not cover the most awesome quest rewards and you will be excited when you get them. Try not read guides or spoilers either.
#17 Posted by probablytuna (3806 posts) -

Do yourself a favour and get this game damn it!

#18 Posted by Lunar_Aura (2778 posts) -

Full price was $20 and it has a higher trade-in value than Alan Wake in Amazon.com ($9 vs. $7.50 as of this writing) so you can't really go wrong if you don't like it you're out three bucks or so.

Just the "Life is Beautiful" whistle song is worth $3 alone and add in all the demented townsfolk and York and all the dumbass faces they all make and tell me that's not worth $3, or $12 or $20. It is, damnit!

#19 Posted by IBurningStar (2190 posts) -

The correct answer is yes. Buy the game.

#20 Posted by Ub3rSlug (153 posts) -
#21 Posted by Subject2Change (2966 posts) -
@onarum said:
I never actually played the game, don't own a 360, but if I did I would definitely pick it up for 12 bucks.
Red Seeds Profile is the name of the PS3 version.
#22 Posted by ClaritySam (603 posts) -
@LunarAura said:

Full price was $20 and it has a higher trade-in value than Alan Wake in Amazon.com ($9 vs. $7.50 as of this writing) so you can't really go wrong if you don't like it you're out three bucks or so.

Just the "Life is Beautiful" whistle song is worth $3 alone and add in all the demented townsfolk and York and all the dumbass faces they all make and tell me that's not worth $3, or $12 or $20. It is, damnit!

If you could somehow guarantee that I never had to hear that fucking song ever again, I would send you 20 dollars right now.  On topic, Deadly Premonition is well worth a go at 12 bucks, there is every chance you won't like it though.  It is worth experiencing however.
#23 Posted by Wolf3 (72 posts) -

You must buy the game. It's easily worth $320, given I'd buy an Xbox just for this game. Along with I suppose Mass Effect 2 and New Vegas, it's one of my favorite games from last year, and I think I like it better than either of those, and I REALLY like those.

I just saw IGN's review...2.0 for this game is hilarious...just hilariously insane.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.