Deadly Premonition special edition, sequel and prequel

#1 Edited by dungbootle (2458 posts) -
http://www.destructoid.com/deadly-premonition-special-edition-sequel-and-prequel--209666.phtml 

Deadly Premonition directory SWERY 65 has revealed that he has plans for a sequel and prequel, as well as a special edition re-release of the original cult comedy-horror. 

The special edition would feature enhanced graphics, answering criticism that the original looked fairly hideous. As for the brand new games, the eccentric developer did not confirm that they were in development right now, but he certainly seems like he's got it all mapped out. 

He's also confirmed that Western publishers are very interested in an all-new IP that he's working on, so it would appear that SWERY is becoming quite popular on his side of the industry. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. 

SWERY take all my money plz
#2 Posted by KarlPilkington (2733 posts) -

Oh Swery, you so crazy.

#3 Posted by SuperWristBands (2266 posts) -

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!

#4 Posted by Yummylee (21752 posts) -

I am anticipate.

#5 Posted by James_ex_machina (905 posts) -

Cool. I want to check this game out and a Special edition would be cool

#6 Edited by supermike6 (3565 posts) -

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Although better graphics for DP seems like a waste of time; that game's perfect the way it is. 

Other than that YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#7 Posted by Make_Me_Mad (3103 posts) -

This would be insane, and I would still give him everything I own to see what he comes up with.

#8 Posted by Slaker117 (4842 posts) -

That's awesome, but I kind of don't what them to touch anything in that game. Stuff like the graphics were pretty damn bad, but I can't imagine I would enjoy it more if they were prettied up.

#9 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4974 posts) -
#10 Posted by WizardShazam (135 posts) -

Improving the graphics would kill some of the charm of the that game, for me at least. I could not be more excited about everything else in that post.

#11 Posted by TurboMan (7559 posts) -
#12 Posted by Chippy180 (161 posts) -

@dungbootle said:

The special edition would feature enhanced graphics, answering criticism that the original looked fairly hideous. As for the brand new games, the eccentric developer did not confirm that they were in development right now, but he certainly seems like he's got it all mapped out.

Why is everybody so excited about this? I hate to piss on this parade but the article presents no evidence that a re-make is in production. SWERY has voiced his desire to re-visit the wholesome town of Greenvale in multiple interviews, so it isn't surprising that he has something planned out for it's continuation. Sadly, as seen from this lovely article from Alex, he has called out to fans for funding of his next game, which wouldn't be necessary if the re-make was in production.

Honestly why would a publisher give a product that performed poorly, albeit drew a cult following, a re-make when there are much more prosperous and consumer friendly retro games out there? As much as I would like to believe the article(Which contains the fastest misspelling I've seen in a professional article ever) it just doesn't make sense when you look at it rationally and crunch the numbers.

#13 Posted by chronicsmoke (996 posts) -

hell yeah!!!! I will definatley pick up the special edition!

#14 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Any info on when the special edition will come out? I can't imagine that taking long, or at least as long as the two new games.

#15 Posted by Dad_Is_A_Zombie (1225 posts) -

Obviously, this is wonderful news. My money is ready.

#16 Edited by funk_oddysey (52 posts) -

It would be great to play as agent york again, one of my favourite main characters.

#17 Posted by Droop (1884 posts) -

3 more endurance runs!

#18 Posted by Mikemcn (6989 posts) -

@Droop said:

3 more endurance runs!

If Only...

#19 Posted by captain_max707 (490 posts) -

I hope Jeff/Vinny/Brad/Ryan realizes that this means there will be at least one more Endurance Run.

#20 Posted by ImpendingFoil (555 posts) -

Yay! Hopefully the PS3 version comes to the US this time around because my third 360 is starting to die and I need it for Mass Effect 3.

#21 Posted by c_rakestraw (853 posts) -

If this is really happening, then awesome. More Deadly Premonition is always welcome. Gonna be hard to top the original, though.

#22 Posted by KillyDarko (1888 posts) -

Wow, I'd actually love to see that happen! :)

#23 Posted by TheHT (11364 posts) -

I'm so fucking down for this.

#24 Posted by Snipper138 (341 posts) -
#25 Posted by Super_Sonic_Awesome (34 posts) -

Maybe the only game that can bring the Endurance Run back from the dead? Probably not.

#26 Posted by Yamoto (111 posts) -

Take out all the combat...DONE thats all you need to do dont mess with anything else leav the original game alone and spend your money and time on  sequel or prequel

#27 Posted by dungbootle (2458 posts) -
http://www.destructoid.com/deadly-premonition-s-raincoat-killer-could-get-own-game-210385.phtml 

The Raincoat Killer could get his own spin-off game, according to barmy developer Swery65. Deadly Premonition's hooded, axe-wielding antagonist was (spoiler) briefly playable during Deadly Premonition, and Swery thinks a full game starring the homicidal maniac could be worth making.

"A prequel is definitely one of the paths I still have in mind," said Swery, reiterating previous game plans. "Another approach is like a spin-off from Deadly Premonition where the main character would be the Raincoat Killer. That might be a cool idea. Other ideas involve ways of trying to get people who haven’t played Deadly Premonition to do that, but I'm still thinking about ways to do that!

"The universe that I'm thinking of right now would still maintain that same feel as Deadly Premonition. There aren't that many games like that, that create that unified world, and it makes that game special. I'd like to make sure that's an important factor in the next game I make, whatever that is."

With a potential sequel in the works, and a mysterious title that is apparently getting attention from publisher, Swery65 looks set to be a very busy man over the next year or so. I can't wait to see what he comes up with.

#28 Posted by mutha3 (4985 posts) -

OH MY GOD WHY AM I JUST NOW FINDING OUT ABOUT THIS

MEGA HYPE

ARGLE BARGLE AIJDIAOPSDOHASDIOPHASIOPAHIOPDAIPSODHAIOPSHDASIOPDHAHSDN TAKE ALL MY MONEY

#29 Posted by JJOR64 (19001 posts) -

@Snipper138 said:

I couldn't agree more.

#30 Posted by Bollard (5598 posts) -
@OllyOxenFree said:
Oh wow, I like.
#31 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

maybe i will play deadly premonition now. not that the graphics were stoping me form playing it.

#32 Posted by Gerhabio (1977 posts) -

@Mikemcn said:

@Droop said:

3 more endurance runs!

If Only...

#33 Posted by Rudeboy217 (1769 posts) -

I love you, Swery!

#34 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11127 posts) -

At this point I think I would buy literally anything that came from the mind of SWERY. ANYTHING. I even went out and bought Spy Fiction after playing DP. By which I mean someone else bought it and gave it to me, but I was going to go buy it! 

Moderator Online
#35 Posted by FlyingRat (1446 posts) -

Why do people like Deadly Premonition...?

#36 Posted by cstrang (2381 posts) -

@Droop said:

3 more endurance runs!

This is immediately what I thought, too...

#37 Posted by Eyz (451 posts) -

YORK needs to come back!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.