Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deadly Premonition

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Feb 23, 2010

An open-world action-adventure game following an eccentric FBI agent as he investigates a series of bizarre murders in the small rural town of Greenvale.

Name changes in UK version of Deadly Premonition?

Tsukiyomi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Tsukiyomi

I got this from ShopTo, an online retailer in the UK:

"A horror title by Marvelous Entertainment, this game begins when the body of a young girl named Anna Graham is found one particularly rainy morning in the woods outside the town of Rainy Woods. This sends the town into panic. Has the legendary Raincoat Killer returned? To investigate, the FBI has sent agent David Young Henning to the town to investigate. He's not alone, though, as three peacekeepers from the town support David as he attempts to solve the case. David can also turn to Jeter for advice. Only problem is, Jeter is a person who exists only in David's mind...

Taking control of David (and his split-personality character Jeter), you find yourself placed in a recreation of a classic American west town, right down to stoplights and paved roads. The game takes place in a eight kilometer squared sandbox world that features weather and time-based changes. You're free to move through the town as you see fit. In addition to walking, you also have access to a car. As you investigate the case, you'll learn that there's something not exactly human behind it all. David is thankfully skilled with the weapons. You'll end up using guns and swords as you face off against creatures who stalk the night."

Source: http://www.shopto.net/XBOX%20360/VIDEO%20GAMES/XB2DE19-Deadly%20Premonition.html

Are these name changes real? Or did ShopTo just f*ck up? It may sound stupid but after watching the ER, these name changes could be a game breaker for me...

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By rjayb89

I don't even like Deadly Premonition, but those names are WACK.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By iamjohn

That's all from the original version of Deadly Premonition before Swery went back and rewrote elements of the story.  Hence why the original name of the game (Rainy Woods) is used in said description. 

We've also had, like, five million threads about this stuff, FYI.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

I think that was they're original names before they delayed and changed it to make it less like Twin Peaks.

canucks23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By canucks23

I lol'd at Jeter. That's pretty legit.

ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By ReyGitano

Jeter... huh... I'm sad now.

Tsukiyomi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Tsukiyomi
    @iAmJohn said:

" That's all from the original version of Deadly Premonition before Swery went back and rewrote elements of the story.  Hence why the original name of the game (Rainy Woods) is used in said description.  We've also had, like, five million threads about this stuff, FYI. "

Sorry, I should have lurked more. I also realised like 30 seconds after posting this thread that "Rainy Woods" was mentioned in the description. I facepalmed, silly mistake for me to make. Still though, I thought "Rainy Woods" was a totally different project (or so SWERY has stated), I wouldn't expect the basic plot premise to be so similar.
    ImpendingFoil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ImpendingFoil

I love the description of American town and then the use of Kilometers to describe the size and not the US measurement of miles.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#9  Edited By JJWeatherman

Should have been Derek and Jeter. 

Just sayin'.

Animagess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By Animagess
    @Tsukiyomi said:
    In addition to walking, you also have access to a car.

PUT THAT ON YOUR FEATURES LIST AND SMOKE IT
     Seriously, who is dropping the ball on these descriptions.  Just use the Find and Replace function on your word processor to change every instance of "David" to "York" and so on.  I'm assuming if you have a website that people frequent, this is within the range of your abilities.
    ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By ajamafalous

Oh hey, it's this thread again.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.