Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deadly Premonition

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Feb 23, 2010

An open-world action-adventure game following an eccentric FBI agent as he investigates a series of bizarre murders in the small rural town of Greenvale.

Possible controller support fix for Deadly Premonition on PC

PimblyCharles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By PimblyCharles

As many of you upset purchasers already know, Deadly Premonition Directors Cut on PC doesn't support controllers. Why this is so is baffling to me! The keyboard and mouse controls are a nightmare. Being that the game is mostly 3rd person, a controller would be the ideal way to play. Anyone that's tried playing the game with mouse and keyboard knows what I mean. So enough bitching and lets get to a solution.

I found this yesterday: KungFuCircus.TV: Deadly Premonition - DPfix - Controller fix

It uses a combination of DPFix and Pinnacle/Xpadder to allow controllers to work and to display XBox 360 controls in-game.

I've yet to test it, but will do so tonight and report back. I'm using DPfix 0.7.1 and Xpadder.

When I report back, I will let you know if using the 96cad142.png file in conjunction with DPfix (moving it to \dpfix\tex_override and setting enableTextureOverride from 0 to 1 in DPfix.ini) does in fact replace all in-game kb/mouse icons with XBox 360 control icons. I'll also let you all know how the Xpadder profile works.

Fingers crossed! Let me know how this works for you too. Hopefully this solves our controller woes, so we can get back to some sick Emily stalking...

ICF_19XX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By ICF_19XX

So, what did you find?

EDIT: The Steam page for DP says FULL CONTROLLER SUPPORT now. Hmm. Well damn. I mean yay!

Avatar image for bladeofdarkmoon
    BladeOfDarkmoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

The 'Full Controller Support' doesn't include Xbox Controller support, only generic ones.that dont work properly

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.