Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deadly Premonition

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Feb 23, 2010

An open-world action-adventure game following an eccentric FBI agent as he investigates a series of bizarre murders in the small rural town of Greenvale.

Psych and Twin Peaks

Toxin066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Edited By Toxin066

So, I just got finished watching this week's episode of Psych. The whole thing was an allusion to Twin Peaks, ranging from the location and situations, to the reunion of the Twin Peaks cast. I really enjoyed it. It had that its usual Psych-y charm, but also the Deadly Premonition-eque setting that I fell in love with months and months ago.

Now, I never actually watched the show. Yet, having only watched the Deadly Premonition ERs I was completely able to follow along with what was up.

I think I'm gonna definitely have to check out the show sometime, because I enjoyed both the Psych throwback and the Deadly Premonition Endurance Runs.

Anyone else watch this week's Psych? Thoughts, comments, etc?

Toxin066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Toxin066

So, I just got finished watching this week's episode of Psych. The whole thing was an allusion to Twin Peaks, ranging from the location and situations, to the reunion of the Twin Peaks cast. I really enjoyed it. It had that its usual Psych-y charm, but also the Deadly Premonition-eque setting that I fell in love with months and months ago.

Now, I never actually watched the show. Yet, having only watched the Deadly Premonition ERs I was completely able to follow along with what was up.

I think I'm gonna definitely have to check out the show sometime, because I enjoyed both the Psych throwback and the Deadly Premonition Endurance Runs.

Anyone else watch this week's Psych? Thoughts, comments, etc?

Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Bruce

Psych is one of those shows that I always see advertised but never watch. Dunno why...

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By MooseyMcMan
    @Toxin066: Do you mean you never watched Twin Peaks? Because you totally missed out on a ton of references to Twin Peaks that were nowhere to be seen in Deadly Premonition. 
    Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Venatio

I love Psych, that was an awesome episode. I still haven't watched all of Twin Peaks but I watched an episode after finishing the Psych episode, the ending was hilarious

Also the Twin Peaks style intro: 

benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By benjaebe

You missed out on a lot of the shows jokes if you've never watched Twin Peaks in the first place.

Having been a fan of Twin Peaks, that episode of Psych was fucking hilarious and brilliant. Everyone should watch it, really.

benpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By benpack

I'm in the same boat as the OP. I've always wanted to watch Twin Peaks, maybe this is a little more motivation.

Bennyishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7  Edited By Bennyishere

I'm gonna watch it as soon as I can. I loved Twin Peaks. I watched Psych for the first season, but grew tired of it.
    On a side-note, was the ending to the first Condemned a reference to Twin Peaks?

Ragdrazi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Ragdrazi

Psych and Twin Peaks do not go together. Psych is the anti-Twin Peaks. Someone must be hurt for this. Hurt badly.

ErrorOperator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By ErrorOperator

The episode was pretty awesome.

Avatar image for ownlyuzinwonhan
    OwnlyUzinWonHan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10  Edited By OwnlyUzinWonHan

No Kyle Maclachlan was kind of a bummer, but it was cancelled out by Sherilyn Fenn and the Windom Earle joke. 
    Psych is still one of those shows that I might watch if I have nothing to do though, the Twin Peaks tribute will probably still be the only one I actively look for.

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By EvilTwin

I find Psych to be kind of insufferable and exhausting, but I might watch this episode for Twin Peaks.

endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By endaround

Whenever they do these sorts of tribute shows James Roday gets a co-writing credit.  Which means he has to be one of the biggest TV geeks ever.

joeybagad0nutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By joeybagad0nutz

This show is awesome and the entire episode was hilarious.
    Chemi_ro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Chemi_ro

I thought it was great I haven't finished watching Twin Peaks myself :)  Best episode of this season by far!

mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By mylifeforAiur
    @Chemi_ro: I think there's some FK in your coffee ;)  Never did finish the 2nd season of Twin Peaks, I should go back some time^^
    wwfundertaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 25

#16  Edited By wwfundertaker

I just finished watching Twin Peaks, i thought it ok. Agent Cooper was an interesting character.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.