Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deadly Premonition

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Feb 23, 2010

An open-world action-adventure game following an eccentric FBI agent as he investigates a series of bizarre murders in the small rural town of Greenvale.

Should I import it?

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

I don't have a 360 so I can't get Deadly Premonition however the PS3 version is not region locked and it's voiced in english.  Problem is that when I researched it it was $60 plus $3 shipping.  I want this game but I'm not sure it's worth 60 bucks.

Animagess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Animagess

I would've easily paid that much for my copy; however a good amount of the extra dialogue stuff and the menus are in Japanese with the PS3 version.  Some will say it's not important, and all the plot-relevant stuff is voiced, so it depends on whether you think exploring all the little extra bits about the side characters (one of my favorite things about the game personally) is worth waiting/campaigning Ignition for a PS3 version or not.  Did you already watch the ERs?  Are you in it just for the lulz or because you heard the story was interesting?

SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
    @Animagess: I saw the ERs.  However I thought that sharing it with a bunch of friends would be awesome.
    Teclo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Teclo

I actually thought this was going to be a European saying this at first, and I was going to say that this game is now coming to Europe on the 360. But that wasn't the case after all...

You know, for not much more than $60, you should be able to get a preowned Xbox 360. I got mine for £40 which is pretty much $60 if the exchange rate it what I think it is. You can then get the NA version of Deadly Premonition for a little more and will have good selection of Xbox 360 exclusives to look into, so you won't be spending that money for just one game. On the other hand, I'm assuming talking about piracy is not allowed on these forums but there's some pretty major news on that front regarding the PS3...

SpiralStairs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By SpiralStairs

Isn't coming out for PS3 soon? I'd just wait if I were you.

SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
    @Teclo: Not into Pirating 
    Always wanted an Xbox though.
    Teclo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Teclo

I'm not really sure where the idea there's a PS3 version coming out in NA or EU is coming from. I'm not saying it isn't, but the only place I've heard people mention it is on these very forums. So, OP, I just checked on a UK preowned game shop's website and they sell 360s for £58. That's $90 and considering everything is more expensive here than in the US, you'll be paying quite a bit less than that. Less still if you trade in some old games at the same time. With a few games traded in at the same time, you could possibly get the console and DP for the same price as importing the Japanese version.

SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
    @Teclo: The closest thing to me is gamestop but they might have a used one for less than $100.
    Animagess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Animagess

If you've always wanted an Xbox... DP is a great excuse to get one.  Oddly you wouldn't be the first person to buy that console because of Deadly Premonition; I know of at least one other, but she's Australian unfortunately... so she'll have to figure that one out herself.  So, like everyone's been saying, picking up an Xbox and DP is probably a much better investment than importing the Japanese PS3 version.  And how would you be able to tell if you were ordering pancakes or spicy tacos when all the menus are in Japanese?

Teclo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Teclo

Well isn't Australia PAL? She can import the UK release, though it'll probably be pretty expensive (though at least this is a budget game). Maybe Amazon.co.uk will ship there - I've bought things from Amazon.com before and I live in England - but then they didn't allow me to buy games... But then again NA and EU use different regions where UK and AU do not.

TylDurden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By TylDurden

I imported the Korean version for $23 total after shipping. Its quite litterally the Japanese disc in a Korean case. I also prefer its box art to any other one so far. There was a dude on ebay who's probably still listing some. I have a feeling it launched there at a budget price which is how he must be able to sell them so cheap. I really wanted to take advantage of all the unvoiced dialog so I go the 360 version as well (yes I had a 360 and still just wanted to play it on the PS3) so once I'm done and know where everything is at on the 360 I will go back and finish it on the PS3. Voice is the only thing in english so puzzles and side quest are damn near impossible if you don't know japanese but their easily looked up on a walkthrough. Buying stuff, cleaning your suits and other menu stuff is easy enough to figure out.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.