Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deadly Premonition

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Feb 23, 2010

An open-world action-adventure game following an eccentric FBI agent as he investigates a series of bizarre murders in the small rural town of Greenvale.

The worst weapon in video game history? (Spoilers maybe)

LazyPiranha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By LazyPiranha

Has anyone else gotten the infinite chainsaw from replaying Harry's mansion?  You would think it would be awesome, you have to replay one of the later stages all the way to the end, and it's a god damned chainsaw in a "zombie" game.  It's a pretty accepted formula that chainsaw + zombie = insta-gib.  This thing blows beyond belief.  It's almost silent, the blades don't move at all, and at least on hard you have to hold down the button for a good ten to fifteen seconds to kill a single enemy.  If you thought the flamethrower was unsatisfying, this thing achieves new and terrifying levels of suck.  The weed whacker sucks, but at least it's a joke.  

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @LazyPiranha:  never played Harry's Mansion. 

The worst weapon in video game history IMO is.. The flamethrower.
    LazyPiranha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By LazyPiranha

The flamethrower is, shockingly, much better than the chainsaw.  While boring and unsatisfying, it at least lets you attack more than one enemy at a time and can be useful on the wall crawlers. 

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @LazyPiranha said:
    " The flamethrower is, shockingly, much better than the chainsaw.  While boring and unsatisfying, it at least lets you attack more than one enemy at a time and can be useful on the wall crawlers.  "
    Taking more than one enemy at once takes all the fun out of it :P I wanna give each fucker his torture time ;)  Good point about the wall crawlers though haha, i'll make sure to have the flamethrower on my back in case a certain game has many... spiders. 

Oh and, use the reply/quote function from now on plz :)
    LazyPiranha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By LazyPiranha
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    " @LazyPiranha said:
    " The flamethrower is, shockingly, much better than the chainsaw.  While boring and unsatisfying, it at least lets you attack more than one enemy at a time and can be useful on the wall crawlers.  "
    Taking more than one enemy at once takes all the fun out of it :P I wanna give each fucker his torture time ;)  Good point about the wall crawlers though haha, i'll make sure to have the flamethrower on my back in case a certain game has many... spiders.  Oh and, use the reply/quote function from now on plz :) "
    The only one being tortured with this chainsaw is the player.  Staring at bright purple pixelated blood splatter minutes at a time to clear a level is damn near unbearable.  
    NZV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By NZV

I haven't gotten the chainsaw, but the weed whacker really is pretty good. Dunno what you're talking about. 3 seconds or so and the epilogue zombies are down, and those are some tough bastards. Takes around 150 SMG bullets to kill those guys, with most of those being headshots. You can also sometimes hit multiple enemies with with the weed whacker, and it's got more range than they do.

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By mutha3

You shoulda put all that effort in collecting all the  cards and giving them to Wesley.

Now THAT's how you do post-game items.

LazyPiranha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By LazyPiranha
    @mutha3: I did, but once I got the last card and the achievement, I started a new game on normal so I didn't get the final item.  I'm going for the full 1000, and I'm learning to despise non-stacking achievements with the heat of a thousand suns.  Also, I hate myself.  
    mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mutha3
    @LazyPiranha:
     haha

That sounds awful, you're really missing out bro!:P I can't get over how fucking cool it is that this game has that weapon

On that note: I'm glad I could not care less about achievements.
    LazyPiranha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By LazyPiranha
    @mutha3: It's not even the achievements, I just want to be one of the handful of people in the world that would actually bother.  It's like a combined badge of shame and honor.  
    Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Ghostiet

I think the worst weapon in video game history is any weapon from Warhammer 40k: Fire Warrior. Believe me. Actually, no - torrent that shit and try for yourself.

LazyPiranha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By LazyPiranha

I dunno man, do those weapons at least make noise?  

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By iamjohn
    @LazyPiranha said:
    " The weed whacker sucks, but at least it's a joke.   "
    The weed whacker is the best weapon in the game; thread fails.
    mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mutha3
    @iAmJohn said:
    " @LazyPiranha said:
    The weed whacker is the best weapon in the game; thread fails. "
    Wat

Last time I checked Jedi>Gardeners
    NZV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By NZV
    @mutha3 said:
    " @iAmJohn said:
    " @LazyPiranha said:
    The weed whacker is the best weapon in the game; thread fails. "
    Wat  Last time I checked Jedi>Gardeners "

Weed whacker really does have some advantages though. Not only does it have more range, but it starts attacking instantly, whereas the laser sword has a bit of delay before it hits. You're also pretty screwed if you miss twice in a row with that thing (which can be surprisingly easy, at least compared to the WW). There's a long pause after the second swing.  No problem at all with the weed whacker, as it just keeps on going as long as you hold the button.

Once again - I haven't tried the chainsaw, but I definitely place my vote for the weed whacker as the best melee weapon out there. Much easier to get than the sword, too.
    sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By sodiumCyclops

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.