Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Demon's Souls

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Oct 06, 2009

Demon's Souls is an action-RPG developed by From Software and released in 2009. It quickly became popular within hardcore circles for its relentlessly steep difficulty level, deep combat system, and unique multiplayer integration.

Am I a little over leveled right now for where I'm at?

ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By ShadowSkill11

I'm a level 40 Royal right now. I've beat the bosses of 1-1, 1-2 w/ red dragon, 2-1, and 2-2. I beat each boss on my first try without much trouble. I also have a Winged Spear+6, Viscous Long Bow +2, and Purple Flame Shield +6. I'm I ahead of the curve, about right, or behind the power curve?

Currently farming 2-2 for Spiderstone shards for my bow... somewhat slowly with my +8 luck stat.

jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By jeffgoldblum

You should consider yourself lucky.

Oginam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Oginam

Could stop farming and kill the end boss of world 2, bit of a pushover.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By eroticfishcake

One of the few threads in which the OP's problem is that he's too powerful? That's new. I guess you could try a new class when you've finished the game.

Avatar image for masterofpenguins_zell
    MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Yeah, you could say you're a bit ahead, but once you reach 1-4 and some parts of 4 and 5..... As long as you keep progressing, you shouldn't have too much trouble. I thought I was doing pretty good too, then I went to 1-4 and died a ton.

BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin

In my opinion you're never too over levelled, you'll be always "about right." Even though you've think you've farmed a bunch the game will still bust your balls on the later levels *-3, 4 as it should (and I'm willing to bet the Flame demon at 2-2 gave you trouble at only level 40, wink wink wink motherfucker)... this game relies not solely onh stats - it also requires heavy, heavy, heavy combat experience, it's very NG in that way. That's only earned by playing certain portions and dying many, many, many times. Believe me, the bosses in the *-1's are not anything like the bosses in the *-4's. When 712 is the ceiling, 40 isn't too extraordinary all things considered.

I don't have the US version, but I put more than 250 hours (so far, still playing every now and then) into the Asian version on my US PS3, and on my first playthrough I farmed a shit load from the Red Eye Knight in 1-1 (letting him fall from the huge staircase) and I didn't put any into any of the "powerful" attributes, I put it all into Luck (this motherfucker here loves good drops.) I got my Luck up to 38 before I even set out to do virtually anything, and by then all other level up were requiring something like 11K  (I've also endlessly farmed shards from various enemies throughout my entire playthrough.) If anything you're more prepared for what is to come, especially that you've become familiar with controlling your character. Even though farming seems benign (and certainly if you're doing it early you won't use the weapon you're using to farm later on,) it gives you a strong sense of the control experience and a "feel" for the game environment, and that becomes invaluable later on. I've had quite a few so hopefully my rambling makes sense.

Just keep in mind if you plan on sinking many hours into this game and doing "everything" that there is a world tendency glitch in the online mode. I have no idea if this is in the US version, but because of it it kept me playing in the offline mode when I played.... if the US version is the same I'd keep that in mind before you defeat demons and expect the World Tendency to stick after saving, re-firing up the console, and loading your slot. I was so fucking pissed that everytime I did something to move my world towards white it would soon be bumped back to neutral. You can diasble auto sign in and sign out on the main dash, that seemed to solve the glitch for me. What time is it right now? It's quarter past one. Snider is fucking blacked out.
    yyZiggurat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By yyZiggurat
    For me, the difficulty is part of the fun.  If I spent a lot of time grinding instead of progressing through the levels, I would have had a lot less fun on my first playthrough.  And if you're trying to get a Sticky Bow +5, the 2-2 miners dropped Chunks of Spiderstone like crazy in pure black World Tendency.

@BiffMcBlumpkin said:
    " Just keep in mind if you plan on sinking many hours into this game and doing "everything" that there is a world tendency glitch in the online mode. I have no idea if this is in the US version, but because of it it kept me playing in the offline mode when I played.... if the US version is the same I'd keep that in mind before you defeat demons and expect the World Tendency to stick after saving, re-firing up the console, and loading your slot. I was so fucking pissed that everytime I did something to move my world towards white it would soon be bumped back to neutral. You can diasble auto sign in and sign out on the main dash, that seemed to solve the glitch for me. "
    I don't think its a glitch.  Everyone playing on the server has an effect the World Tendency if you play online.  I have to play offline because I'm trying to do the Perfect Run (all WT events, pure black and pure white in one playthrough) described in the strategy guide.  Its really tough on New Game+, I thought I was going to have to form a party to take down the first Black Phantom NPC.
    BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin
    @HomemadeZiggurat said:
    " For me, the difficulty is part of the fun.  If I spent a lot of time grinding instead of progressing through the levels, I would have had a lot less fun on my first playthrough.  And if you're trying to get a Sticky Bow +5, the 2-2 miners dropped Chunks of Spiderstone like crazy in pure black World Tendency.

@BiffMcBlumpkin said:
    " Just keep in mind if you plan on sinking many hours into this game and doing "everything" that there is a world tendency glitch in the online mode. I have no idea if this is in the US version, but because of it it kept me playing in the offline mode when I played.... if the US version is the same I'd keep that in mind before you defeat demons and expect the World Tendency to stick after saving, re-firing up the console, and loading your slot. I was so fucking pissed that everytime I did something to move my world towards white it would soon be bumped back to neutral. You can diasble auto sign in and sign out on the main dash, that seemed to solve the glitch for me. "
    I don't think its a glitch.  Everyone playing on the server has an effect the World Tendency if you play online.  I have to play offline because I'm trying to do the Perfect Run (all WT events, pure black and pure white in one playthrough) described in the strategy guide.  Its really tough on New Game+, I thought I was going to have to form a party to take down the first Black Phantom NPC. "

It is a glitch, it appeared on the Asian version only after one of the later patches.  

It doesn't have anything to do with any other players, even if no one else enters your game and you don't enter anyone else's game your WT will be automatically reset to neutral next time you load up your game.  

It doesn't happen so long as you Sign Out.
    DeBurgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By DeBurgo
    I did something roughly like that my first playthrough too, I didn't do the rest of the fights in the game until I was in my 30s or 40s.

It sucks when that happens because it's hard to summon/get summoned when you're too far ahead. By the time you're level 40 you should have more or less beaten the first areas in all the stages in the game.
    HaniBall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By HaniBall

I am lvl42 and I have beaten 1-1 1-2 2-1 2-2 2-3 and 3-1 (I'm linear that way) and have pretty much cleared 4-1 of loot so getting ready to finish that one up next.

In terms of weapons I am using dragon axe +3, long bow +7, and a basic scraping spear;shield is a steel +1. 

So, it does sounds like you are a little bit ahead of me but not too much. Certainly sounds like you are in the strength dept. The Purple would def mess up my agility.

ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By ShadowSkill11

I actually just got to level 86. I cleared worlds 2 and 4 with white and black tendency. I'm about to start on clearing world 3-2 and beyond with w/b tendency as well. My current equipment is the Meat Cleaver, Purple Flame Shield +8, Sticky Long Bow +5, Talisman of Beast. Strength/Dexterity are both at 30 and Magic/Faith are at around 26.

HaniBall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By HaniBall

Wow, I can't compete with that. I came home and spent 30min summoning up two blues and clearing 4-1.  Added three levels I think and upgraded the shield to lvl3. Also went back to free Freke and learned Soul light. Need to lvl up magic more; right now my soul light doesnt even one hit the blue eyes in 1-2 ...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.